My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?

When I watch other college QB's around the country, I would not put him in the top 10% of those players  He looks average at best. Even in the games where the RB's went off. However, there is not much talent on that team to help him look good either.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Notre Dame & BC a game of epic proportions and National BCS significance?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: My concern is whether Chase Rettig will stay?:
    [QUOTE]Like I said earlier, he's indecisive and inacurate with or without time.  He should be used to his receivers now.  He should know the plays.  He should know better than to get sacked on a game's final play when all he needed to do was attempt a throw into the end zone.  He should jump on a fumbled loose ball in front of his own goal line when it happens right in front him.  One can't judge him in totallity because he originally looked to have great potential, and because any average fan can see the team has many other weak spots, but one can see these plays, these patterns of behavior, his regression, and the team's quickened pace when Bordner enters.  And to agree with an earlier post, Shinskie was worse.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]
    Neeedless to say, your all wet on this one along with 85,000 who witness this QB as nothing more than a third string QB with a fourth string coaching staff!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Throughly beaten  by that  "powerhouse" Notre Dame. LOL        Notre Dame has 39 seniors and they are still an irrelevant team,, NEVER to be meaningful again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

BC will be better next year, have faith!  Spaz is not the best but he's not that bad either.  We need a new offensive coordinator with a little fire in his belly, and then we will be fine.  Rettig is improving, defense is superstar level as usual, many good runningbacks coming back, O-line has improved.  It will be a better year BC fans, keep the faith. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

I think that over the last couple of games in the season, that Rettig finally started putting things together. I believe that he (and BC) will be very successful next year. However, I think that changing the OC would be the worst thing to do. What this team needs right now is stability. I would have preferred Rogers to stay on, but I think that Brock will do fine as continuing on as OC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

It 's not the X's and O's , it's the Jimmys and the Joes,,,, Can Spaz recruit 4 or 5 star atheletes,,,,, Dave Brock  and Spaz are decent coaches,, Urban Meyer doesn't know more football than these two... But he CAN get the players

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Entire team is back..  Let the haters hate. (They don't know football anyway). 9 win season for the Eagles.  Rettig will be a junior,  the best linebacking crew in the ACC if #40 stays.. decent defensive backfield.  2012 will be a big year for BC football

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]Entire team is back..  Let the haters hate. (They don't know football anyway). 9 win season for the Eagles.  Rettig will be a junior,  the best linebacking crew in the ACC if #40 stays.. decent defensive backfield.  2012 will be a big year for BC football
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

That would be great!

4 Tough games, 6 toss-ups and 2 cupcakes. 7 HOME GAMES!

AT FSU, ND, VT, Clemson

AT Wake, AT NCSU, MD, Miami, AT GT, AT Northwestern

Army, Maine.

Lotta major improvements on offense and pass defense needed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Predicitng #40 will be nowhere near BC next year.  And for Rettig, don't know why he's considered an important piece.  He appears to be a somewhat average to below-average qb and makes questionable decisions whether under duress or not. 

I like Boda's postive outlook but am not feeling confident in the program right now.  Best move might be to start over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

What difference would it make?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I still don't think we can judge Rettig with any finality yet.  Any QB who has no time would do the same thing unless they are a running QB.  Look at Eli Manning, it tooks him years to learn no to throw off his backfoot even when he had actual time because he was used to guys in his face.  I'm not saying he's the next coming of Matt Ryan, but I also think it's stupid to give up on the kid.  Be patient. 

With our moron AD thinking BC fans are morons by stating "Spaz is the best coach I've had in my 15 years..." (you know, in all categories other than wins and losses), we don't have any choice but to eat the crap salad they are serving us and hoping it gets better.

And by default, they will be better next year.  But I don't think 9 wins better.  They don't have the athletes.  They look to be as athletic on the field as they did during the Henning era...and that's NOT a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I agree we can't judge Rettig too much due to the current state of the offense.  I try to remember this especially when I see his indecision and inaccuracies even without pressure.  I realize, the whole situation changes as the qb get more comfortable with his protection and the ability of his receivers and the competency of his coaching staff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Exactly.....and if you are looking at the team and want to prioritize areas that need fixing, QB is not where you would start.  It's near the bottom of the list.  Put a competent Div I football team around him and you won't care he's your QB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]Exactly.....and if you are looking at the team and want to prioritize areas that need fixing, QB is not where you would start.  It's near the bottom of the list.  Put a competent Div I football team around him and you won't care he's your QB.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Division II QB and best. He could not start for the Montana GRIZ!