NCAA hypocrisy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

NCAA hypocrisy

NY Times columnist Joe Nocera, no fan of Calhoun, just wrote a scathing critique of the NCAA's 'investigation' of Ryan Boatright's mother's friendship with Derrick Rose's brother.  Yes, you heard that right.  Clearly, it will change few minds here but it's worth reading.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Re: NCAA hypocrisy

In Response to NCAA hypocrisy:
    [QUOTE]NY Times columnist Joe Nocera, no fan of Calhoun, just wrote a scathing critique of the NCAA's 'investigation' of Ryan Boatright's mother's friendship with Derrick Rose's brother.  Yes, you heard that right.  Clearly, it will change few minds here but it's worth reading. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/21/opinion/nocera-guilty-until-proved-innocent.html?_r=1&hp
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]

Great Victory by the Irish ... they Do it Again ......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Then again, the N.C.A.A. isn’t a court of law. It’s more powerful. Many N.C.A.A. infractions consist of actions that most people would consider perfectly appropriate — and entirely legal — but that the N.C.A.A. has chosen to criminalize. (That’s right: The N.C.A.A. regulates the behavior of athletes who have not yet joined the N.C.A.A.)"

and the NCAAs tip to take down this awful violation ? A convicted felon :headshake: I have to hope that congress will do something about NCAAs kangaroo court but they won't. Ridiculous to do this to any school no matter whom you're a fan of!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

If the parent receives a benefit like this from somebody with no affiliation to or relationship with a school or sports agent - I don't see a problem. The NCAA probably decides to take this posture because in the end they have little to no means to penalize a guilty parent as a practical matter.  So their only means to discourage parental misdeeds is to take it out on the sometimes innocent kid and school over which they do have some power.  Its a lousy system sometimes as enforcement can be inconsistent and totally innocent kids can get burned by ignorant parents.  All the more reason for a good HS coach to mentor both the parent and HS kid as to what to avoid.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

the NCAA is as crooked as they come.  The only good news is that it's finally got the attention of the Feds.  Now while I want my government spending time on things other than college sports, PEDs, etc it seems to be the only way they will clean upthe NCAA.  Too much power in those who lead it with no checks and balances.  Actually there are checks and balances, however those who do that are the one who make money.  Most ADs have it in their contracts that they get a $200k+ bonus just for making a bowl.  Any bowl.  Why do you think there are so many pointless bowls that only fill 30% of the seats?  Why do team that are 6-7 make a bowl?  Because while the school will lose money going to it the AD gets a nice fat bonus.   

In what other industry does it make sense for the team to finish #1, Alabama, lose money in doing so, the AD makes mad loot, and the bowl that hosted them made $$$ hand over fist?  How is that right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In Response to Re: NCAA hypocrisy:
    [QUOTE]the NCAA is as crooked as they come.  The only good news is that it's finally got the attention of the Feds.  Now while I want my government spending time on things other than college sports, PEDs, etc it seems to be the only way they will clean upthe NCAA.  Too much power in those who lead it with no checks and balances.  Actually there are checks and balances, however those who do that are the one who make money.  Most ADs have it in their contracts that they get a $200k+ bonus just for making a bowl.  Any bowl.  Why do you think there are so many pointless bowls that only fill 30% of the seats?  Why do team that are 6-7 make a bowl?  Because while the school will lose money going to it the AD gets a nice fat bonus.    In what other industry does it make sense for the team to finish #1, Alabama, lose money in doing so, the AD makes mad loot, and the bowl that hosted them made $$$ hand over fist?  How is that right?
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

If you listened to OBAMA last night, you would realize most of your statements do not make any sense, as $$$ follows $$$. All your statements resemble blowing smoke up someones a**! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NCAA hypocrisy : If you listened to OBAMA last night, you would realize most of your statements do not make any sense, as $$$ follows $$$. All your statements resemble blowing smoke up someones a**! 
    Posted by postingking[/QUOTE]

I mean...what?  I'm not even sure what you are saying?  Are you saying that Alabama's goal was to lose less than $1mm.  That ADs don't have bonuses connected to making a bowl?  Please, dear know it all king, tell me where I am wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Stop the crazy talk about the NCAA and get focused again.
    It is required that every thread on this board must be about how much BC sux.
    Get back on topic please!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Yes, yes, I am sorry I got off topic....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]Stop the crazy talk about the NCAA and get focused again. It is required that every thread on this board must be about how much BC sux. Get back on topic please!
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

For the Brockton High graduate:

It is often said that one of the rights protected by the 1st Amendment is the freedom of expression. This site, in fact, uses that term in its quick description of the amendment: "Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression." But "expression" is not used in the amendment at all. This term has come to be used as a shorthand, a term of art, for three of the freedoms that are explicitly protected: speech, petition, and assembly. While the use of "freedom of expression" is ubiquitous in this area of 1st Amendment study, it is important to note exactly what "freedom of expression" refers to — let this be such a note.