Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Woke up this morning to see ND bounced by a team from the "inferior" ACC! Thank God! I hope this propmots the UofNDKing to stop posting for a few days. After all this arrogance for months....now we find out that the Big East hype was just that...hype.

Three ACC teams in the Sweet 16 (most of any conference), two for the Big East.

Can we stop talking about how fantastic the Big East is now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East

In Response to Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Woke up this morning to see ND bounced by a team from the "inferior" ACC! Thank God! I hope this propmots the UofNDKing to stop posting for a few days. After all this arrogance for months....now we find out that the Big East hype was just that...hype. Three ACC teams in the Sweet 16 (most of any conference), two for the Big East. Can we stop talking about how fantastic the Big East is now?
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Yes, and UCon is next to go out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

all it means is that we'll see troll posts from one of his many other identities for a few days until the dogs get ousted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

The big east is a joke

Question - Who has more teams in the sweet sixteen than the "Mighty" big east?
    Answer - The ACC

Question - Who has as many teams in the sweet sixteen as the "Mighty" big east?
    Answer - The city of Richmond Virginia, the state of Florida

9 of 11 gone after after round  2

Based on the match ups after round 1, the "Mighty" big east was gauranteed at least 2 teams in the sweet sixteen because 2 games were big east vs big east. All big east teams not playing another big east team in round 2 lost

Does everyone now realize how over rated the entire big east confernece was?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East:
    [QUOTE]The big east is a joke Question - Who has more teams in the sweet sixteen than the "Mighty" big east? Answer - The ACC Question - Who has as many teams in the sweet sixteen as the "Mighty" big east? Answer - The city of Richmond Virginia, the state of Florida 9 of 11 gone after after round  2 Based on the match ups after round 1, the "Mighty" big east was gauranteed at least 2 teams in the sweet sixteen because 2 games were big east vs big east. All big east teams not playing another big east team in round 2 lost Does everyone now realize how over rated the entire big east confernece was?
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

The University of Connecticut dominates the Tourney ... Another Saturday night, another opponent, and for the University of Connecticut Huskies, another victory.

Elite Eight, onward to Final Four to Houston and from New England!

For the BC illiterates who got bounced by a more prestigious, and academically superlative instutution Northwestern we need not
    show our ignorance!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Notre Dame and the Mighty Big East:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Woke up this morning to see ND bounced by a team from the "inferior" ACC! Thank God! I hope this propmots the UofNDKing to stop posting for a few days. After all this arrogance for months....now we find out that the Big East hype was just that...hype. Three ACC teams in the Sweet 16 (most of any conference), two for the Big East. Can we stop talking about how fantastic the Big East is now?
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

Another night, another opponent, and for the University of Connecticut Huskies, another victory.

and for BC their only hope this year was another failure in the NIT! As for the Huskies nothing but a dual NCAA Woman's & Men's National Championship, again and again, and again!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Yes it's nice to see BC advancing to the Sweet Sixteen. Or at least I thought they were in the Sweet 16 based on this board. I can't seem to find them in my bracket. Florida is there. So is UNC. I also see Richmond and VCU there, but the vaunted BC Eagles are nowhere to be found. Where could they be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

same place as UMASS but with a brighter future

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC likes misery on misery even though their suppose to be pious Jesuit institution ... they'll all toot the horn though for a rah, rah rally, and fester their piety for second collection every Saturday afternoon for their second appeal for a failing Football and Basketball program.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I didn't know this forum didn't include subtitles

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't know this forum didn't include subtitles
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

WOW! the boys are out there today! While UofNDKing is out in CHI-town attending the ever so great NCAA's our IT  dorks are hanging out on their DELL Inspiron's  with the oh so many call handles!

Well boys we didn't make it, but our boys from Milwaukee certainly look predestined to be a Final Four favorite. I concur with the old meister Bob Ryan Marquette looks very stong and a contender.

Getting the news from the Chi-Town rag sheets our men North of the Lake gave a old fashion whoop' en  to BC in Beanytown. Now should we say bottoming out in a bottomless Tourney and UND's loss in the NCAA Regionals is a comparable? I don't think so!

BTW reading these posts, I didn't know UND had so many subway followers near Boston catching up on IrishEyes.com. Now all the eagle beagles need to do is go back polishing that BC diploma with the Windex, say an act of foregiveness, and rosary up for UND V party come late Fall!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Let me get this straight:

Since the ELEVEN Big East teams chosen for the NCAA did not all make the Sweet 16, that proves something about the superiority of the ACC?

Huh?????????????????????????????

Bottom line:  11 Big East teams made it

4 ACC teams did

The Institute is not among those paltry 4.

The Institute disgraced itself Saturday, clobbered by NW at Conte before 2,765 "fans"

Do the honorable thing: execute the Miami Plan, and drop hoops until reputable leadership arrives, and a program based on decency can be launched.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

BC's exit from the NIT was a bummer.  So was the school choice to not move hockey practive and rather hoops go on the road for their first game.  As a huge hockey fan as well as hoops fan, I thought it showed poor form. 

Either way, hockey is on their way again.  Hoops has a decent year, especially with what we expected, with a solid looking recruiting class on the way. 

As for this stupid BE, ACC argument, enough.  They are both good conferences.  Some years the BE will be better some years the ACC.  Who cares, it's an unwinnable argument...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]Let me get this straight: Since the ELEVEN Big East teams chosen for the NCAA did not all make the Sweet 16, that proves something about the superiority of the ACC? Huh????????????????????????????? Bottom line:  11 Big East teams made it                    4 ACC teams did                    The Institute is not among those paltry 4.                    The Institute disgraced itself Saturday, clobbered by NW at Conte before 2,765 "fans" Do the honorable thing : execute the Miami Plan, and drop hoops until reputable leadership arrives, and a program based on decency can be launched.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

This thread was started to discuss how over rated ND and the Big East were. Interesting to note that no mention of BC appears until the uconn dolt chimes in with 3 posts in a matter of minutes, followed by the token umass fan, ndking and of course putter
    No topic is off limits to them. No matter what the subject, they can always find a reason to bring in their childish jealousy or hatred of BC. Never anything new with them, same tired material all the time.

putter - Who said anything about the superiority of the ACC? (although one could make a very good case for it based on the results of the 1st weekend) Do you think the fact that 11 big east teams were invited and only 2 of them are still playing is not laughable
    And please explain what the attendance at Saturdays game has to do with the topic of this thread

Here's the bottom line - you despise BC and use this forum to get your rocks off by spewing your hate at every opportunity
    Don't you ever get tired of it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

ScreenNameGoesHere,

"Get your rocks off?"  In which class at The Heights did you learn that eloquence?

If you think that the fact that 2 of the 11 BE teams invited to the NCAA are still playing is "laughable," you must be in convulsions upon reflecting on The Institute's failure to even make that tournament, as well as its ignominious exit from the NIT last weekend.

The "attendance" at that games shows the death of hoops at The Institute. How curious that none of the Uber Alles crowd here has chosen to address that disgrace.

"Despise" The Institute? Far from it, my friend. My background proves just the opposite - but that remains private, of course.

Rather, I want it to return to the honorable place I knew it to be when I came here. Sadly, a change of administration in 1996 changed all that.

Finally, why must you viscerally join your confreres in name-calling of those who don't share your point of view? Surely, you are capable of better - or maybe you are not.

Peace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

again you choose isolated instances to attempt to discredit evrything.  The fact of the matter is that attendance was better than last year even with one less home game (and no I will not document here as you know where it is available and the simple fact is I am correct).  I will focus on the improvement from the final dismal season that Skinner provided us with an unwatchable style of play.  I will also point out that the attendance this post-season was better than that of the prior year.

I was disappointed in the attendance as well, no doubt. I disagree with the position that the hockey teams needed the rink.  The CC rink is right down the street as were other places where the team could have practiced.  Bad decison by GDF that denied the team their rightful home game.  How would people be excited about the Saturday game with this?

It appears to me that you will take any stupid any unsustainable position to discredit the job SD did this year.  He did win 20 games; he did it with the holdovers, transforming the team to an attractive and usuable offense that is more in tune with the current college game.  he also lost three players from the prior year's team who according to you were important cogs who other coaches coveted.  So he succeeded because of the holdovers without the stars.  You go all over the place pal.

If you want BC to be honorable the first place you need to start is with yourself.  You need to give people like SD the respect they deserve for this year.  It all starts with the man inn the mirror

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

Sorry, but I don't take your attendance assertions on faith. If you have the facts to back up your contentions, prove it. Plain and simple.

If you think that Stevie Wonder brought a "usable" offense, you are right. Opposing teams found it QUITE useful. Northwestern, for one,  raved over that offense last Saturday.

Do you or do you not believe that the 3 transferring players were difference makers?  Man up on that one, my boy. Can't have it both ways.

To get The Institute back to the honorable place it was was, it must ignore enablers such as yourself. There IS a serious problem with this crowd and the way they operate. Damage has been done to the place - big time.
    Others see it - especially outsiders.

Yet y'all continue to bury your heads in the sand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Again I ask you to document your assertions on the excessive turnover of the faculty, deans etc.  You fail to do so; when you do this I will prepare the detailed spreadsheet for all to see laying out the facts (which others have backed me up on by the way).  My request can't be that hard to acoomodate, can it?  This is called a quid pro quo, except you have been asserting this much longer.  The facts are easy.

I think the 3 transfers would have been useful to us this year, but they were apparently unwilling to buy into the program like Biko did.  Again, you focus on one instance like the NW game rather than the improvement this team made, even w/o the three players.  That is their decision and only their decision

I call you out for honesty in revealing your facts around the turnover and to engage in honest open debate with all the cards on the table.

In fact, having a child at BC right now makes me very happy; it is a vibrant  place and has made the correct moves to better align itself academically and athletically.

And by the way I am not MO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I love the fact, Prov, that you have shown him the attendence #s time and time again and the one time you don't include them he says "i won't belive them until you show them."  what a joke, why are you bothering. 

What you said is right on....I don't think anyone who deals with BC doesn't have their issues with the school, but so what.  We care about the direction of their sports and both football and basketball, after a few tough years, seem to be on the right track.  Just because some angry loon says otherwise means nothing. 

And for the record, NO those 3 players that left meant nothing:
    1. Sanders was a lazy malcontent
    2. Rav was so good he didn't get off the bench on a team that had a losing record
    3. The kid who went to Baylor, I actually have no opinion on him, never saw him play.....

I think it's funny that the moron is still trying to argue that last years team was "young" yet this years team is losing 5 seniors, 6 if you include Sanders....because you know Charlie Sheen, that reeks of logic....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

well I really wanted to end this thread so in true LP fashion when asked for facts he will leave and start another thread

BTW does over 30K applications mean anyhting to LP?  It indicates to me that there are some things that are corrects going on

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

It's as if he's allergic to facts.  When someone has them to counter his bizzare points, he run away like they cause him some sickness and starts a new thread.

"aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, facts, oh no, facts, um, I gotta, um, ok bye....."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernfriedeagle. Show southernfriedeagle's posts

keep trying to spin the  fact that the BE wasn't overrated, and that ND didn't get absolutely spankes by FSU.  This is entertaining!!!

The reality is, FSU should have been a 7-8 seed, Clemson an 11-12 seed, and BC should have been in the play in round (not VTech, since they beat VTech twice)....

in any regard, it will be fun to watch ND get spanked in Manchester, though we'd love to see them make it to the Final in St. Paul, so we could beat them up like the ugly step child they are...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I love how people continue to be schocked when college coaches and programs aren't perfectly clean.  College hoops (and lesser, but football too) is one of the most dirty corrupt things in sports.  It always has been and always will be.  To continue to be shocked by it is nutz.