Reflections on the Maryland game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iongputter. Show Iongputter's posts

Reflections on the Maryland game

Nice win by the boys today. Coach Stevie D is finally listening to the suggestions of the Old Putter and de-emphasizing the three. Hopefully, he turned to Coach Skinner for some advice and we can return to the glory days of BC basketball of 08-09 when the house was packed every night and we went to the Final Four.

If there's no BC in the Big East then the flag in the film is unknown.
    There's no BC in the Big East
    Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.
    Burn every new and old flag that you see.
    Burn your flag!
    I bet you can imagine this in your mind with a faster speed.
    Watch this protest in reverse!
    Ask the BC AD; "What's your illegal activity on duty?".
    If you protest Fr. Leahy then there's a new Administration from protesting.
    There's not a new Administration from protesting.
    Thus, you aren't protesting the Administration.
    There's something important in this video: There's no communication to anyone in this location.
    You shouldn't be afraid of the ACC.
    There's a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there's no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It's with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there's only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about Boston College?
    I want you to imagine a comet or meteoroid coming through to the ACC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Reflections on the Maryland game

UNC & VT await on the Tobacco Road! Win one at Conte, don't worry, be happy Seth Greenberg &  Roy Williams await LP to another embarrassing BC fiasco down South of the boader!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

The false imitator who started this thread aside, perhaps the apt comment on the 4 point home win over a weak MD team (even the great Gary Williams has off seasons - and MD did not fire him - nor should they have,  of course) would be the following:

In the words of the redoubtable theoretician Derrick Coleman,

Whoppy damn do!

Let's see what the trip to the Dean Dome brings next Saturday.

Peace,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP you are such a hypocrite.  BC loses a game and it means SD has failed, his strategy is terrible and his players quit on him.  BC wins a game and you say "who cares."....you define hypocrite.

As for Gary Williams, what's the one thing he has that Skinner doesn't?  Oh yes that small thing called a "National Championship"....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

So if someone is a 'false imitator', does that mean they are real?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Nothing is funnier than when LP tries to compare Al Skinner to other coaches.

What is this "off season" you speak of? The last time Gary Williams had a losing season was 1992-1993!

Let's compare Al Skinner's recird- two out of the last three years at BC he had losing seasons.

Since has has been at Maryland his teams have been to the Sweet Sixteen seven times with two trips to the Final Four and one National Title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Actually two things are funnier than LP comparing Skinner to other coaches:

1. whr doesn't seem to understand that LP is a BC basher.
    2. whr doesn't seem to understand the difference between "lp" and "LP".

Keep up the good work whr!

Do you really think people believe you went to Rice? You are barely literate.

Rice University? Yeah, right. Pork Fried Rice, maybe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In case you have not heard: Big East dominates AP ...

1. Kansas
    2. Ohio St.
    3. Texas
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Duke
    6. San Diego St.
    7. BYU
    8. Notre Dame
    9. Georgetown
    10. Wisconsin
    11. Purdue
    12. Arizona
    13. Connecticut
    14. Florida
    15. Villanova
    16. Louisville
    17. Syracuse
    18. Vanderbilt
    19. North Carolina
    20. Missouri
    21. Texas A&M
    22. Kentucky
    23. Temple
    24. Xavier
    25. Utah St.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Thanks Cheeroh, I had no idea the BE was this good.  Captain obvious....

you bore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

great year for the BE except that Xavier is not a member.  They are part of the A10

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Lads,

Surely none of you seriously thinks that in the present climate The Institute will ever be a contender for the national title. 

We WERE contenders in a different reign. Only a loss to Memphis State prevented an all-Big East Final Four in 1985.  And Jimmy O'Brien took us deep into the tournament in 1994, shocking both Indiana (under Bob Knight) and North Carolina (under Dean Smith), before falling to Florida under Lon Kruger.

Now, however, our "leadership" has changed, and the word is out among as to how Dear Leader and Flippo treated the only black men's head coach the place ever had, and the winningest coach at that.

Given the constraints he operated under, it is a wonder that Al won National Coach of the Year and had the success he did at The Institute.

Of course MD won a national title. Players of that caliber will go to a place like MD. Hats off to Coach Williams and the Terp program.

Gatzie, if you limit your hateful posts to your true forum name, maybe people will respond. But be careful:  Mom finds out that you can't place nice here, parental controls are on the way and you'll have to find other things to do. Maybe studying spelling will help.

No inconsistency here in my ascriptons, lads. When The Institute wins, it is Coach Skinner's players who win. Stevie Wonder's two recruits give negligible contributions, and the mass of walk-ons - an embarrassing school record, by the way- give nothing.

When they lose, however, the reason is often shown in the stats:  Stevie Wonder is in love with the mindless chuck-up-threes strategy. We all know how that has worked out. No solid program wins that way.

As has been evident this year, the flex offense would serve them well.

Though it pains you to see this, cheerof is on to something. SEVEN BE teams in the top 25!

JUST IMAGINE how Conte would rock this season to see THOSE teams (with whom we are not strangers in a far-off conference, and with whom we have a longstanding rivalry for the most part) coming to town. Add to that a sensible offense and think of the possibilities.

But not to worry: we are likely to make the NIT - the Newton Invitational Tournament, that is.  Conjure up the thrill of seeing Eau Claire, Stonehill, Lamar, Central South Dakota State, et al playing the Institute at a local high school.

And The Institute's share of the proceeds should help defray the more than $2 million that we owe Coach Skinner and the who-knows how much Coach Jags is due.

But hey, keep on Rockin on down that Gang of Two Trail, my boys! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, you are such a freakin DRAMA QUEEN!!  Oh oh, the Flex, the Flex.  I can tell you for sure that this team would be no better or worse if they had the flex.  Get over it.

and to wail about how skinner was treated.  Give me a break.  He had a very nice run, he lost his top assistants to head coaching jobs they deserved, and as such he lost his recuriters.  And thats that.  It was time for a change.  Not to mention that they asked Skinner to be more active in trying to garner interest in the team and HE REFUSED!!!!  What would you have BC do?

And to insinuate that it had anything to do with race is dangerous my man.  That's a big thing to claim so I would watch yourself.  You have ZERO knowledge that had anything to do with it. 

And if you actually watch the team, Al's kids are playing at a much higher level than they did under Al.  Paris is example #1.  In much better shape, shooting better, more confidence.

And calling walk ons to any team an embarrasment is a mean cruel thing to say.  Also, you are DEAD WRONG AGAIN that they have contributed nothing.  This paragraph shows how wrong you are:
    In the first half, BC got a spark from walk-on guard John Cahill, who scored 6 of his 9 points, grabbed a couple of rebounds, and drew a pair of charges.

Bottom line is, you are a hater.  So no matter what you will hate.  I am not saying all is well at BC.  They have their issues.  I am, however, realistic and logical.  I see the teams and schools for what they are.  You cannot say that.  you hate to hate.  I have asked why from you and never get an answer.  And truth be told, I really don't care. 

So keep making crap up and claiming its the truth.  No one buys any of the stuff you say anyway.  You are just entertainment for a group of people to prove wrong.  That said, its getting too easy, you are a boring stupid human.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

momort,

Which of these words did you learn from your professors at The Heights:

Freakin
              Queen
              Crap
              Boring
              Stupid

Huh?

Why does your style of debate always reduce itself to venom and personal insult?

What I said about race stands as immutable fact. Dear Leader and Flippo DID fire the only black men's head coach in school history, a former National Coach of the Year, the winningest men's hoops coach ever at The Institute, and a man of impeccable demeanor, on and off the court.  AND they replaced him with a white Irish American.

People are free to take from those FACTS what they will.  Period.

The walk-ons have been next to useless. If you dispute that by citing a 9-point effort by one player, pity you. Without Coach Skinner's recruits, the current team would resemble a beer league club. Period.

And just what did I "make up?" Specifics, please.

You say you are "realistic and loyal."  How can you be loyal when you blindly accede to the arrogance of and damage done to The Institute by Dear Leader and Flippo?

And the flex has its purpose. It worked well for Coach Skinner. 

And he WAS fired without cause. Coaches Boeheim at Cuse, Gary Williams at MD and Roy Williams at UNC had down years.  Were THEY fired?

Oh, I forgot: Dear Leader and Flippo have no authority at those schools.

Peace

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Great to see Notre Dame in the hunt for a top seed in the tourney, and all the BC dim wits crawling for a place in the bubble which has already popped on their pathetic season after the Yale  & Harvard losses ... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Big Ben Hansbrough an NBA 1st round draft choice, as was his brother Tyler, figure the best BC has to offer will be a Maine Red Claw!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

You know what is sad about all this "You said....No, you sad"...It is that here in the context of this "blog" we have the opportunity to put forth reasonable input about ALL the collegiate programs in New England. Instead so many of you put your intellects and energies out to pasture in trying to fence with LP. You know he is in it only for the sarcasm and the opportunity to "push your bittons"--which he so ably does. Why don't enough of you ignore his factoids and focus on what is open for serious discussion. 
    One thing I see is that Spaz has, at least it appears to me, brought someone on board as Offensive coordinator who can hopefully bring out the best in this young BC QG corps. Northwestern is a very able start to the season vs previous year's openers. Should be interesting..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the Maryland game:[QUOTE]In case you have not heard: Big East dominates AP ... 24. Xavier Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha nice fact checking Doh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, to sit here and state that they fired the only black coach and that you can take from that what you want????  I mean, give me a break.  You are making a monster insinuation and you know it....stop playing coy...

And once again, as I see you are not getting this point.  What do Boeheim, Gary and Roy Williams that Skinner never had????  Ding, ding, ding a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.  See LP, in sports when you prove you can win it all, it gives you some breathing room.  When you stop recruiting and tell your school that you are not going to put forth any effort to promote your team, you school fires you.  This isn't hard to see man.  Not at all, well at least not for those of us who aren't blinded by BC hate.

As for your making up.  You take some fact and use it as a base for some moronic point you have.  Prime example is saying BC fired Skinner and he's black and they hired a white guy.  One has nothing to do with the other yet you are trying to make the point it does. 

Skinner's players are playing much much better than they ever did under Skinner.  That my friend, is the truth.  You continue to ignore the huge jump in play Paris has made this season.  You know the jump he made because he was told to get in actual Div I basketball shape. 

I said I was logical, not loyal.  Please read more carefully.  But to answer, I will once again explain my side.  I do not care about the AD and the Prez.  I don't.  I care about how good the sports teams are.  It's pretty simple.  If they are good or looking to be heading in the right direction, great.  If they aren't I am not happy.  What I could care less about is BC buying some land in Ireland.  THis is a sports blog.  I care about BC sports.  What else they do means nothing to me.  I know BC doesn't run a clean ship.  Name a private college that does.  I just choose to not care.  There are a zillion more important things in the world than what land some college is buying.....

And while the Flex was a nice offense, SD's offense just went pretty darn far wtih a IVY last season....

I didn't say I was loyal, read again.   I said logical.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the Maryland game:
    [QUOTE]You know what is sad about all this "You said....No, you sad"...It is that here in the context of this "blog" we have the opportunity to put forth reasonable input about ALL the collegiate programs in New England. Instead so many of you put your intellects and energies out to pasture in trying to fence with LP. You know he is in it only for the sarcasm and the opportunity to "push your bittons"--which he so ably does. Why don't enough of you ignore his factoids and focus on what is open for serious discussion.  One thing I see is that Spaz has, at least it appears to me, brought someone on board as Offensive coordinator who can hopefully bring out the best in this young BC QG corps. Northwestern is a very able start to the season vs previous year's openers. Should be interesting..
    Posted by kenneyc[/QUOTE]

Kenny I agree.  However he is usually the only one who says anything on a regular basis.

That said, I am not to sure about the new OC.  Seems like another old guy.  It really seems like they had trouble getting someone to fill the job.  I hope he can turn the O around, it's badly needed.  I don't mind the schedule either.  Much better than in past years.  UCF is a top 20 team.  Better than the usual Buffalos of the world.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

momort,

You want a program that runs a clean ship?

For starters, Indiana, the service academies, the school that used to be Boston College when Fr. Monan was its president, Villanova, the Ivies, Penn State, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Stanford, Fairfield, Xavier, and on and on the list goes.

"Loyal" vs "logical" : My bad - I'd never accuse you of being logical.

Your post details your myopia. As long as they win, you don't care how they do it. Classic example of the ends justify the means.  And this is an allegedly Catholic school???????

When you cite as "made up" my point about Dear Leader firing the school's only black men's head coach and replacing him with a white Irish American, I have to wonder if you were in your cups when you wrote that. I hope so, else you have a serious cognitive problem

But on the up side, the imminent Newton Invitational Tournament will be a good dry run to see if we can fill the gym at Newton South. If so, our venue problems are solved. For then next season, when The Institute is on TV, the nation will see a full house, vs the present sad picture of a half-empty (or worse) Conte.  

So, the future is not all bleak, folks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]momort, You want a program that runs a clean ship? For starters, Indiana, the service academies, the school that used to be Boston College when Fr. Monan was its president, Villanova, the Ivies, Penn State, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Stanford, Fairfield, Xavier, and on and on the list goes. "Loyal" vs "logical" : My bad - I'd never accuse you of being logical. Your post details your myopia. As long as they win, you don't care how they do it. Classic example of the ends justify the means.  And this is an allegedly Catholic school??????? When you cite as "made up" my point about Dear Leader firing the school's only black men's head coach and replacing him with a white Irish American, I have to wonder if you were in your cups when you wrote that. I hope so, else you have a serious cognitive problem But on the up side, the imminent Newton Invitational Tournament will be a good dry run to see if we can fill the gym at Newton South. If so, our venue problems are solved. For then next season, when The Institute is on TV, the nation will see a full house, vs the present sad picture of a half-empty (or worse) Conte.   So, the future is not all bleak, folks.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

How frustrating it is to you that the world completely ignores you?

Here you are flailing away at the keyboard every day...railing against Fr. Leahy....and the world utterly ignores you.

Most BC alums are extremely happy with the move to the ACC.

Most BC alums are very happy about Fr. Leahy performance as head of BC.

Most alums are happy with the hiring of Coach Donahue.

The Board of Trustees - composed of accomplished, sober individuals - has given their full endorsement to Fr. Leahy.

And here you are every day wailing in the wilderness.

Very sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

[QUOTE]momort, You want a program that runs a clean ship? For starters, Indiana, the service academies, the school that used to be Boston College when Fr. Monan was its president, Villanova, the Ivies, Penn State, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Stanford, Fairfield, Xavier, and on and on the list goes. "Loyal" vs "logical" : My bad - I'd never accuse you of being logical. Your post details your myopia. As long as they win, you don't care how they do it. Classic example of the ends justify the means.  And this is an allegedly Catholic school??????? When you cite as "made up" my point about Dear Leader firing the school's only black men's head coach and replacing him with a white Irish American, I have to wonder if you were in your cups when you wrote that. I hope so, else you have a serious cognitive problem But on the up side, the imminent Newton Invitational Tournament will be a good dry run to see if we can fill the gym at Newton South. If so, our venue problems are solved. For then next season, when The Institute is on TV, the nation will see a full house, vs the present sad picture of a half-empty (or worse) Conte.   So, the future is not all bleak, folks.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]LP, as much as I admire Fr. Monan and all he accomplished at Boston College, there were unseemly developments in athletics that happened on his watch.  Want to address that issue, or will you just continue to badmouth Fr. Leahy?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

You know what, I wrote this long post wasting my time once again trying to get through to you.  But I am so dumb, I really am.  You understand what I am saying, you just like to twist things around to support your own case.  So, I am going to make this easy.  Ready smart guy?

When detailing the firing of Skinner you mentioned the color of his skin, did you not?  Every logical person takes this to mean that you believe he was fired BECAUSE of the color of his skin.  You just said in response that facts are facts, blah blah blah.  So here it is laid out in front of you.  Do you, Mr. LongPutter believe Al Skinner was fired because he was black? 

It's a "yes" or "no" question.  Stop hiding, stop twisting.  Either answer yes or no, OR SHUT UP!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

okay time to own you on attendance again.  In another post I gave you this

Attendance 2009-2010 season

2-3K 3x
    3-4K 1x
    4-5K 5x
    5-6K 2x
    6-7K 2x
    />8K 4x 

This year to date

3-4K 3x
    4-5K 2x
    5-6K 3x
    6-7K 2 x
    7-8K 1x
    /> 8K 1x

I would say that at worse it is a wash between the two years.  The highs are not as high but the lows are not as low.

Please put this part of your argument away