Reflections on the UNC's Sweep!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Reflections on the UNC's Sweep!

UNC overcame a double-digit comeback attempt by the Eagles, and its worst-ever scoring output in 361 games at the Smith Center, to win 48-46. The Tar Heels prevailed because they held BC to 26.9 percent shooting, dominated the backboards and got a fortuitous defensive play from 6-foot-10 forward John Henson, who was guarding the 6-3 Jackson's shot with scant seconds left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Reflections on the UNC's Sweep!

When was this game lost?

When Stevie Wonder called a needless time out with 2:12 left, thus negating a three-pointer that would have been the difference between victory and yet another defeat.

Today's game story in the Globe contains two noteworthy quotes by the wizard.

1. He claims that the three point shot was the way to win.  With their poor percentage in taking threes, he either does not understand or chooses to ignore the fundamental that no winning team bases its game on the three point shot.

2.  By saying what would have happened "if it had went in", Stevie shows that he did not waste his youth studying grammar.  Thankfully, he has spared us from having a coach who speaks correct English. God help us if such an example were conveyed to our student athletes.

UNC turned in one of its worst performances ever.

Is anyone on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill calling for Coach Williams' ouster?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Reflections on the UNC's Sweep!:
    [QUOTE] UNC turned in one of its worst performances ever. Is anyone on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill calling for Coach Williams' ouster?
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Nothing shows LP's complete ignorace of college sports as when he tries to speak about what is going on at other schools.

No one is calling for his  ouster?

How about the Facebook page created last month: "Fire Roy Williams"? http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIRE-ROY-WILLIAMS/

Or how about this "Roy Williams must go!"
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/27114041

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Wow, only internally angry people can find the negative in a game they BC almost won after losing to the same team by 30 2 weeks ago.  Especially when UNC is on fire.....

I also love when people who obviously have never ever stepped on a basketball court in their lives (well maybe to sit and watch a graduation) in any competitive way are claiming to know more hoops than a coach who not 1 year ago took an IVY deep into the tourney.  HHHMM, who would I trust more? 

I also love that when UNC scores the least amount of points in a game in a long long time it's because they weren't good.  God forbid someone might have the thought that maybe, just maybe, it was because BC played some sick D.....but nah, that would be getting over some internal unhappiness and why would you want to do that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

You know I hope you're not driving tonight...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]UNC turned in one of its worst performances ever. Is anyone on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill calling for Coach Williams' ouster?
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

I have said it before, I will say it again. Nothing is funnier than when the 75-year-old virgin compares Al Skinner to elite coaches.

Roy Williams has never had a losing season as coach. He has six trips to the Final Four, two national title runners up and two national titles.

Al Skinner has had 9 losing seasons  - including two out of his last three at BC- and zero trips to the Final Four.

But according to LP these two coaches are comparable!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Is whr speaking english?  Is this how he talks in real life or does it take effort to type like that?  It's bizzare.

Roy Williams will be in the NCAA hall of fame some day.  Al Skinner will be sitting at home collecting his millions.  Personally, I am jealous of both!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Don't matter how many times Gatzie says anything.

Truths are:

1. Stevie Wonder has done nothing on the order of what another first year coach, Steve Lavin, has done with St. John's. As of today, he has them in the Top 25.  Where are we?

2.  The Wizard's refusal to use the flex where it was called for (in the games against bigger teams) in favor of his wild West undisciplined gun slinging of threes has taken its obvious toll. Their record would be at least five games better with the flex and with more shooting discipline.

3.  The Wizard inherited a solid core of good players, including a likely future ACC Player of the Year candidate.  Coach Skinner had no such luxury after the Dear Leader debacle with Coach O"Brien.

4.  The team is destined to likely mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Even our hoops alumni won't send their kids here.

5.  Word has it that winless Centenary, playing its final year in Div I, is panting for a pairing in the Newton Invitational Tournament vs The Institute.

Peace, chaps.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I love how a alumni player of BC has a kid good enough to play at Duke and because said kid doesn't go to BC our coach, team and school are failures. 

Logic will tell you that Duke is in the top 99.9% of places to play college basketball if you are a sick player.  BC isn't.  Shocking I know.  Doesn't mean BC is horrible or they have a bad rep.  It means that this kid is in the top 99.9% of players in the country and wanted to go to school to match....

The laziness that some on here use for their arguments is frightening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

momort your mommy is calling you upsatirs to take out the trash!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]momort your mommy is calling you upsatirs to take out the trash!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....