Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

pro,

WRONG about Jags. If he had the agreement you allege, he would have been fired FOR CAUSE. He was not. And Flippo had to have The Institute eat the balance of his contract.

Interesting how you avoid the Cross' impressive giving rate. THEIR kids must be pleased with the place's operation, n'est pas? How is ND a better "marketing machine" than The Institute, where the Development Office is super-staffed and has its tenacles into many areas of the school? 

Sorry about your son, if he wanted to go to The Institute. Nova is a fine place, though, with honorable Presidents, both past and present. He'll get a fine education there, and likely emerge with no superiority complex. 

Not surprised you won't budge on the alleged contacts with coaches. The turnover under Dear Leader is a matter of public record. I gave you one starting point, Fr. Barth as A&S Dean. If you are an informed alum, you'd know the rest.

Do you DENY the large turnover under this "leader?"

Eagle79:

I have no idea if UConn brought their band to its bowl. I do know, though, that I've seen no lie from them as to the reason why they did not, if that was the case.

You've hit the well-known core of my upset at what The Institute has become under Dear Leader. It is now obviously truth-challenged.

If you're down with that, we just differ.

Peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

WRONG about Jags. If he had the agreement you allege, he would have been fired FOR CAUSE. He was not. And Flippo had to have The Institute eat the balance of his contract.  Again GDF had an agreement that was understood that people of honor keep; GDF believed JAGs would not do so but he did.  And why would you want to have someone coach if he did not want to be there?  pure and simple he had to go.  And a real prince of a guy taking his family on an adventure that would make nomads cringe

Interesting how you avoid the Cross' impressive giving rate. THEIR kids must be pleased with the place's operation, n'est pas? How is ND a better "marketing machine" than The Institute, where the Development Office is super-staffed and has its tenacles into many areas of the school.  I do not avoid the Cross's giving rate; I would love to be there but we are not. It has been proven we are in the middle of giving rates when you put things in the proper comparative context.  I also do not use giving as a referndum on student's pleasure or displeasure as to their college experience.  You yourself said "good campus" which means there are things going right.

Sorry about your son, if he wanted to go to The Institute. Nova is a fine place, with honorable Presidents, both past and present. He'll get a fine education there, and likely emerge with no superiority complex. Unlike you; so are you saying my other child will have a superiority complex as a result of attending BC? 

Not surprised you won't budge on the alleged contacts with coaches. The turnover under Dear Leader is a matter of public record. I gave you one starting point, Fr. Barth as A&S Dean. If you are an informed alum, you'd know the rest. And if I am not an informed alum?  If I have not tracked it?  You want exact comparative figures on attendance but offer up one position?  No wonder you are unhappy under a high-performing administration with such poor analytical skills.  Come on give us more than tracking things; give us positions and numbers and I will prove you wrong on the attendance.  How can you pass up a deal like that, dearie?

Do you DENY the large turnover under this "leader?"  Yes I do because I have been presented no FACTS about it with positions and numbers

And what about the minutes you were going to address?  Come on sweetie

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

LP's comments slamming BC's alumni giving rate are probably among the most dishonest he has made here.

BC's giving rate sits right in the middle of the USN&WR "Top 50."  In this Top 50 group, it is ahead of: Vanderbilt, UVA, UNC, College of William & Mary, Lehigh, Penn State, Yeshiva, Tufts, Case Western, Carnegie Mellon, Univ. of Rochester, Miami (FL), UC-Santa Barbara, Michigan, RPI, Washington, Texas, UC-Berkeley, UC-Los Angales, Illinois, Wisconsin, UC-Davis, New York Univ, UC-Irvine, and UC-San Diego.  It also has virtually the same rate of giving as Georgetown, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest.

Very good schools all.  Of course, you can cherry pick schools that have better giving rates.  But if you slam BC's rate, then you would have to slam all of the above schools as well which would be utterly stupid.

Look, its pretty apparent what motivates LP and the rest of the BC-hating Big East posters.  BC is in a better conference and these people hate that fact.  Just listen to their fanbases anytime even the hint of a conference realignment is discussed in the media.  The frenzy of BE fans to get out of the BE and into the ACC, SEC, or B10 is very evident.  Just ask the Rutgers fans if they would like to move to the B10.

Why is it that now almost SIX YEARS after BC's move to the ACC, these people spend so much precious time here blasting a school they deem unimportant or they don't like?

Well, I've got some bad news for these folks.  BC is happily not going to change.  You have said your piece.  We get it.  You hate BC.  You hate Father and GDF.  In your minds, these men were responsible for the sinking of BOTH the Titanic and the Lusitania, the Hindenburg crash, starting World War I and World War II - basically every bad thing that has ever happened in the world.  Like I said, we get it.  My question to you, is when do you start having lives?  Spending all your time here obsessed with an institution that you hate is not only a bit twisted, it is really sad.

Just my 2 cents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft:
    [QUOTE]Who condoned the acts which formed the basis of the NCAA sanction at UConn? Not me. But no one was indicted there, nor was organized crime involved. Nor was it the basis of even one national scandal - as opposed to the two that The Institute has - in two different sports.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Have you lost your mind? Or are you just willfully ignorant?

If you google "Nate Miles UConn Scandal" you get 330,000 hits!

Are you saying what happened in regard to Nate Miles was not a scandal?

How about these headlines:

"UCONN Legacy in Doubt After Scandal"

"Jim Calhoun's legacy on the line as scandal swirls"

"Miles accuses Calhoun of lying"

"UConn a fitting champ in year marked by Scandal"

"Two UConn Assistant Coaches Resign in Wake of Recruiting Scandal"

"Report: Connecticut violated NCAA recruiting rules in pursuit of Miles"

"Former UCONN player Nate Miles says Jim Calhoun knew re received cash"

not one national scandal? What are you even talking about?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Listen the best part about this entire thing is a few posts ago LP demands to see the attendance #s for hoops.  you know, those same attendance #s that have been posted on here only about 25 times.....I mean, if that doesn't sum you up dude, I don't know what does.

LP: "I demand you prove that the sky is blue"
    Prov: "Sure all you have to do it look up"
    LP: "You still haven't shown me that the sky is blue, it's not, it's orange."
    Prov: "LP, I'll show you right now, just tilt your head back and look straight up, here is the blue sky, right here, just open your eyes and look."
    LP (looking down): "You are not showing me facts my boy that the sky is blue, nope, you refuse to prove it and give any evidence and therefore it's not blue rather orange...once again I am proved correct."

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

LP

A question for you:

You inferred earlier in this chain that RJ is obviously unhappy with SD and the direction of the program (and by inferrence the conduct of both Fr. Leahy and GDF) seeing as they are the proximate cause of all that is wrong with BC

If that is the case, what do you make of the defections of some of the hockey team's stars?  J. Hayes, C atkinson and Samuelsson have announced their intention to leave (Hayes is already playing for a minor league team in the Midwest).  This must mean by your logic that they have to be unhappy with the way York has handled the team and the program.  After all, Samuelsson is only a sophmore.  What do you make of this?

Did Fr. Leahy depose a favorite teacher?  Are they upset that GDF reserved Conte for hockey practice instead of allowing a first-round NIT game there?  There has to be a connection to the axis of evil that these two represent, don't you think?  Why else would they leave to ride the buses in the minors?  They are not even in the show.  Things must be pretty bad on the hockey side of things for this to happen.

Maybe it is time to start another thread; oh, never mind, you already have.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Can you imagine the kind of life that LP actually leads?  It actually makes you start to feel bad for the dude....but not really.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]Can you imagine the kind of life that LP actually leads?  It actually makes you start to feel bad for the dude....but not really.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

He is mentally ill.

Once you accept that he is mentally ill, everthing falls into place.

Would you spend time trying to reason with a person who suffers from mentall illness? No, of course not.

How many examples do we need? BC is the "Behead Coaches Institute"? Do you  know anyone in the world who talks like that? Does any normal well-adjusted   person think that by ranting on a sports message board that he is "getting the message out" regarding Fr. Leahy?

He isn't a healthy person. His behavior is by definition, abnormal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : He is mentally ill. Once you accept that he is mentally ill, everthing falls into place. Would you spend time trying to reason with a person who suffers from mentall illness? No, of course not. How many examples do we need? BC is the "Behead Coaches Institute"? Do you  know anyone in the world who talks like that? Doies any normal well-adjusted  Thinking that somehow he is "getting the message out"? He isn't a healthy person. His behavior is by definition, abnormal.
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

Want to know what's awesome the loon just put me on ignore in another thread.  HA!  That's hilarious.  Guess when someone comes at him with too much logic he can't handle it.  Good riddance.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Well, Bishop Gatzie has added a new expertise: psychiatrist.

Not satisfied with calling me a liar, a bad Catholic, and a homosexual, he now labels me "mentally ill"

But that should not deter him from singing the party line "Here all are one, and their hearts are true..."

Can you spell H Y P O C R I S Y?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    How about the turnover figures?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Flaccid reply, Pro

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

same old same old from you liar and coward

make it hard and answer the turnover question besides Fr. Barth or the fact you have listed the positions not occupied by the person who held it 15 years ago.  I would say you have the weak stuff.

How about those minutes?
    How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over
    How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?
    What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Well, now it's final: Reggie is gone, opting to remain in the NBA draft.

But how can that be?

Does he not grasp the rich future that Dear Leader, Flippo and Stevie Wonder have crafted for Behead Coaches Institute hoops?

Will he not miss the excitement of valiantly competing against - and losing to -
    Ivy League teams?

How could he possibly play for a coach who is able to identify a starting lineup before the final 3 weeks of the season?

How could he endure not being on a roster composed of at least one-third of walk-ons?

What will he do playing before crowds larger than 2800?

Reggie, did you not read the ardor of he Uber Alles crowd?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

try this for a hard on

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

[QUOTE]try this for a hard on How about those minutes? How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?  why isnt this better know if published all over? How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year? How about the turnover figures? What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which noone in the College was associated with?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Ever wonder why you illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Yeh, he's a good hoops player, but turning pro?  I wish him well and I don't blame him for going for the money. But based upon what we've seen, I'm predicting he'll be in Europe within 3 years. 

As for the impact on BC, it's true, a bad loss for next year's team, and another sign that Al (a fine gentleman we all agree) was desperately relying on uncommitted student-athletes in his declining recruitment efforts during his waning final years.  

I'm looking forward to see how SD assembles a team and a program for the long haul. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

You are such a bore LP.  He's staying in the draft because there are some who think he's a lottery pick and at worst a 1st round pick.  That's it.  That is why the kid is going pro.....You may try and take an action and twist it around to fit your bitterness against BC, but no one buys it....

That said, anyone who uses a lottery pick on Reggie, as much as I like him, is using the same moronic logic that had Cam Newton taken 1st overall....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Well now, the spin has started. No surprise there.

First, trbow tries to blame Coach Skinner for Reggie's leaving after three years. 

THIS JUST IN: Reggie showed no sign of leaving while Al was here.  

And who was Reggie's coach during his final year? Hmmmm

Then, predictably, both he and Mo opine that Reggie won't succeed in the NBA:

For here all are one,
           And their hearts are true,
           But when you leave us,
           We will trash you...

FLASH: The program is crashing and burning, boys.

Bitterness?  No.

Truth?        Surely

Peace

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

This guy was a good player, but he probably would have been better served to stay the extra year in school.

If he does get drafted, I doubt he will attain star status.

One of the problems with situations like this is that the player has all of these friends, family and others who tell them to go for the money, primarily so that they can get a cut of the action.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

LP - of course, we'll see if the program crashes and burns per your predictions.  How much time do we have to wait to decide?  Please answer so we can put a stake in the ground as a common jumping off point to prove your point.  How much time should a D1 team give a new coach to establish his program?  If you are willing to put a reasonable stake in the ground, I'll wait and see.

As for whether Jackson succeeds in the NBA, you're right, that is my opinion, I did opine, as if that's not what we're all doing here in any case.  Nothing personal against him, and I wish him well.  I just think his abilitites will only take him so far in the NBA.  No bitterness or bias, and I'd post those two definitions for you, but you seem to know them well enough on your own.

I'll wait to see your stated time line as to how long a new coach should be given to establish a program, and your proposed date to judge SD for his efforts at BC. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Are you serious?  Come on man, you spend a lot of time on these posts yet what you write is so lazy.  Why?  Do you have so little pride that you aren't even bothering to put some effort in any more?

Reggie never showed a desire to leave when Al was here?  Really?  While you write some stupid stuff, this takes the prize.  But hey, you are right.  He didn't show an inclination to leave when Al was here, so we can have no other conclusion whatsoever other than he is leaving because Steve is here.  Yup, that it's for sure, no way it might be one of the 250 other reasons kids leave school early.....

Also, please don't put words in my mouth.  I never said he won't be successful in the NBA, I said he's not good enough to be a lottery pick.  Big difference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]This guy was a good player, but he probably would have been better served to stay the extra year in school. If he does get drafted, I doubt he will attain star status. One of the problems with situations like this is that the player has all of these friends, family and others who tell them to go for the money, primarily so that they can get a cut of the action.
    Posted by batman49[/QUOTE]

The problem is, if he's drafted in the lottery he'll be expected to be one of the best players on his team and soon.  He isn't going to ever be this.  However, if he goes later in the 1st round or even in the 2nd, he'll won't have that pressure and will be able to develop at a normal pace.  He'll def be able to contribute on a good team (think Dudley) however if you are drafting him to "fix" your team then that team will have some issues.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

In answer to your question as to how long we should give Stevie Wonder to show his mettle, I'd say 7 years.

Remember, he had 6 losing seasons at Cornell before posting a winning record.

We must all be good little boys and girls, be patient and supportive of Dear Leader and Flippo, and just suck up all the disappointments that his teams and empty arenas will bring us in the next 6 years.

Ain't that right, boys?