Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft

LP - Mo didn't ask you that, I did.  But of course, rather than provide a serious response, you can't help but continue your assault on the regime that hired SD.  You don't agree with the hire, or the removal of Al Skinner.  So it's all a joke to you.  We're all laughing, but not with you. 

Back on topic though, Reggie in the NBA, who thinks he's got the skills and consistent effort level?  Maybe I'm wrong, but not seeing it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft:
    [QUOTE]Mo, In answer to your question as to how long we should give Stevie Wonder to show his mettle, I'd say 7 years. Remember, he had 6 losing seasons at Cornell before posting a winning record. We must all be good little boys and girls, be patient and supportive of Dear Leader and Flippo, and just suck up all the disappointments that his teams and empty arenas will bring us in the next 6 years. Ain't that right, boys?
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

You say "ain't that right boys" like you have an people on your side here....you don't.

And Steve D has a winning season in his first year, something you neglected to mention so I thought I would bring it up for you.  Just another FYI, Skinner had a losing season in his first, you know just another point you neglected to consider...

And well done acting like a 9 year old girl and running off to start a new thread. 

Let me ask, does it su*k to be such an idiot?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]LP - Mo didn't ask you that, I did.  But of course, rather than provide a serious response, you can't help but continue your assault on the regime that hired SD.  You don't agree with the hire, or the removal of Al Skinner.  So it's all a joke to you.  We're all laughing, but not with you.  Back on topic though, Reggie in the NBA, who thinks he's got the skills and consistent effort level?  Maybe I'm wrong, but not seeing it.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

He does a lot of basketball things well, but nothing great.  Can dribble, not not well enough to be a PG.  He can shoot, but is no where near a dead eye shooter.  And right now he's too skinny to really pound in the paint.  Also, as you said, he seemed to not play his best in big games.  Reggie has a lot of raw talent, but he needs a TON of work.  I hope he puts in the effort and gets the chance at the next level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

trbow,

Are you saying that we should not give Stevie Wonder 7 years to prove himself?

Come on, man, where is your patience with your faith in the brilliance of Dear Leader's and Flippo's judgment prowess?

With independent thought like that, you'll get yourself expelled from the Uber Alles crowd.

And surely we don't want that to happen, do we?

Mo,

If Stevie Wonder did not post a winning season this year with the talent Coach Skinner left him, he would make Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Even Gatzie (and his multiple other screen names here) could have had a winning record with that team - if his Mom let him stay up that late.

The real test of his mettle will be next year, when he has only one of Al's scholarship players left.

Hmmmm

To all the Gang of Two Groupies:

Here's a challenge you won't accept.

If you are so sure that this fire and hire was a good move, pray tell us all how many games Stevie Wonder will win next season

My guess: the Braves will move back to Boston before any of you has the guts to handle that hot potato.

But not to worry: there are still scads of tickets available to y'all - at king's ransom prices, of course.

Peace,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, you are an immature dummy.  Give me a break.  BC hoops is going to struggle next year, anyone with any hoops knowledge expects this.  What you are doing is setting him up to fail.  What you are saying is that if Steve doesn't win with his first full recruiting class in their first year then he's a failure.  That makes total sense.  Grow up old man, grow up. 

My question to you is, if Al left Steve with so much talent then why was Al able to take them to the tourney his last season?

Really tough, don't answer.  I don't care about some stupid answer you spin out of total garbage......you are getting really really boring.  at least a while ago you put some effort into your posts and there was something to talk about.  now, you just rant like the lunatic you are.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I would say 10-12 games would be a good season considering the cupboard is bare of juniors and seniors

And for everyone yapping about the inability to attract the top recruits when has BC ever done that?  One of Al's strengths was to attract the talented kid who had grades but was not NBA ready after a season or two, forcing them to develop and stay in school

BC will never attract the great recruiting class because those kids are one and done or two and through except for a place like Duke which we know is an exception, pure and simple.  College is a way station until they can qualify for the draft.  I am okay in the knowledge that we will never attract that talent level and will be happy that we do our best to educate the kids and compete as best as we can

As far as the hockey kids, you do know most of them were drafted out of juniors, don't you?  Jimmy Hayes was taken 60th but decided to go to college to improve his status.  So even though three underclass kids left they were already targeted that way.  Does that make Jerry the equivalent of Calipari?  I think not; many of the hockey kids don't start college until they are 20 so they do not want to be too old when they make the jump

We need to have reasonable expectations and I for one applaud the direction of student and athlete.  And by the way Reggie, thank you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo,

For a name caller, you evidently don't read past posts.

I've said more than once that Coach Skinner's final squad was a young team that had to develop. That did so this year.

And how about stepping up to the plate and giving us your prediction of how many wins Stevie Wonder bring us next season?

Or is that too much reality for you to handle?

Peace

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Mo, F or a name caller, you evidently don't read past posts. I've said more than once that Coach Skinner's final squad was a young team that had to develop. That did so this year. And how about stepping up to the plate and giving us your prediction of how many wins Stevie Wonder bring us next season? Or is that too much reality for you to handle? Peace

Oh LP, did my name calling hurt your feelings?  Hit a little to close to home I bet.

Yes, I know you said Al's team was young, which was false, but I am not going to prove you wrong with that again.  It's too much effort spending time unwinding the circle of garbage you spin yourself into.

I also said that BC will struggle next year.  I have no idea how many wins they will have, who cares, it's a guess.  Saying they will struggle is enough.  And I am fine with them struggling.  It's the natural process when a college team has to rebuild.

As I have said all along, you have already judged Steve D to be a failure.  The rest of us, you know the normal logical people, will give him 3-4 years before we judge him.  In the meantime, we'll watch and wait.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

I have been reading these post for the past several months. Being a Boston College alumni who now lives in Southern California, I find it perplexing when I read some of the post of Longputter. I am asking the following questions out of pure curiosity. 1. Why is your thread so long? It definitely gives a bad  impression to someone like myself, who wonders what is to be gained from having so much space being taken up with useless names of people who have absolutely no connection to the program. 2. Why do you always refer to the President of the college and the Athletic Director as Dear Leader, Flippo and the gang of two? 3. Are you really a Boston College graduate and fan of the Athletic progams? If so, you have a very strange way of showing any type of loyalty. I have never seen such consistant negativity coming from someone who is a fan or graduate of the school. Even on the USC and UCLA threads in the Los Angeles newspapers, I have never seen a fan or graduate who comes across like that.

If you could enlighten me with a serious response, I might better understand your logic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]I have been reading these post for the past several months. Being a Boston College alumni who now lives in Southern California, I find it perplexing when I read some of the post of Longputter. I am asking the following questions out of pure curiosity. 1. Why is your thread so long? It definitely gives a bad  impression to someone like myself, who wonders what is to be gained from having so much space being taken up with useless names of people who have absolutely no connection to the program. 2. Why do you always refer to the President of the college and the Athletic Director as Dear Leader, Flippo and the gang of two ? 3. Are you really a Boston College graduate and fan of the Athletic progams? If so, you have a very strange way of showing any type of loyalty. I have never seen such consistant negativity coming from someone who is a fan or graduate of the school. Even on the USC and UCLA threads in the Los Angeles newspapers, I have never seen a fan or graduate who comes across like that. If you could enlighten me with a serious response, I might better understand your logic.
    Posted by batman49[/QUOTE]

Oh man, Batman you just started walking down a long dark road you aren't going to like.  Trust me, get out while you can.  I've been sucked in and can't let it go.  Every question you asked we have all asked many times before to no avail.  You will get no rational answers, he will make things up as fact, he will straight up ignore your facts and he will make connections and reasons for things that he has no way of knowing whether they are true or not, yet he'll hammer them home like he knows for sure. 

The best part is, his signature is about 40% shorter than it used to be.....

Godspe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ho5000. Show ho5000's posts

[QUOTE]I have been reading these post for the past several months. Being a Boston College alumni who now lives in Southern California, I find it perplexing when I read some of the post of Longputter. I am asking the following questions out of pure curiosity. 1. Why is your thread so long? It definitely gives a bad  impression to someone like myself, who wonders what is to be gained from having so much space being taken up with useless names of people who have absolutely no connection to the program. 2. Why do you always refer to the President of the college and the Athletic Director as Dear Leader, Flippo and the gang of two ? 3. Are you really a Boston College graduate and fan of the Athletic progams? If so, you have a very strange way of showing any type of loyalty. I have never seen such consistant negativity coming from someone who is a fan or graduate of the school. Even on the USC and UCLA threads in the Los Angeles newspapers, I have never seen a fan or graduate who comes across like that. If you could enlighten me with a serious response, I might better understand your logic.
    Posted by batman49[/QUOTE]

I have been wondering the same thing.  LP, if you really have any hope of winning people over to your point of view, or at least getting folks intrigued by your theories, than you need to reveal more about your background, your association with the school, your motivations, your sources of information, etc.  Otherwise, we can put little value on anything you say because we have no context or reason to believe you.  Set the record straight. Put some real substance behind your thoughts. If it is just opinion, then state as such.  If you can't set the record straight about who you are, then it seems to me you aren't really serious about the change you preach. So why bother with the countless hours you have spent posting to these boards? 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Mo and Ho,

If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore. It means nothing to me.

Mo, show me what facts I have made up.

Mo, show me that Coach Skinner's final team was not young.

Ho, nice try but no cigar. I'll continue to enjoy the same anonymity that everyone else does here.

batman49,

See, I've expanded your horizons!

Yes, I am an alum. Yes, I do care about the place. And yes, I am honest enough to recognize its serious warts, and hope that a little airing may heal them.

But that won't happen with zealots who hear no evil, see no evil, and blindly cling to the notion that The Gang of Two have any interest in serving the populace.

We get a cleansing with new leadership, we get our honorable BC back.

Period.

US Open 2011,

I respectfully demur to your characterization of Reggie Jackson. IMHO, he ranks with the best players ever at The Heights (recruited by Coach Skinner, by the way), and appears to have  been a model citizen. While his height may somewhat impede his NBA prospects, I believe he is competitive. And I wish the kid only the best.

Playing for an NBA team is far better than being the only star on a club going nowhere in a program rocketing to oblivion.

Peace, gents.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In honor of Mr. Show me the facts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

LP you still didn't answer the question, and instead started a new, foolish thread to jiggle your rattle.
    I think BC will win 15 next year.  Not looking forward to it, but expecting it to improve the following year. Make sure you call me out if that's the wrong number. Still wondering what your real answer is to how long it should take to build a program in D1 hoops...not your 7 yr itch.

Mo, I like Reggie's intermittent offense, but I think the inconsistency points to a weakness that will be exploited...or maybe exposed is a better word, at the next level.  I hope you're right and he works hard to establish a career.  Celts need a shooting 2 guard now...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ho5000. Show ho5000's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reggie Jackson Declares for NBA Draft : Now let's get this straight why would one want to validate anything to troll nation the obsecure little pee pods in their little corner of New England whose dim wit perspective on life is oblique? Trolls post on this site commenting on an absurd BC basketball player who has about as much credibility in his NBA declaration as Donald Trump declaration of entering the Presidential primary. Further, add in your take assessing LPs statements, one needs to ponder about your knowledge, skills and abilities in being less than substansive. 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

In the words of Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

trbow,

I've told you: why not give Stevie Wonder the same 7 years it took him to win at Cornell?

Surely you are patient enough to endure 5 more horrid seasons, are you not?

Peace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from batman49. Show batman49's posts

Longputter: I am now clear that you are an Alumni of Boston College, but You never addressed the other two questions I had asked as to why you continually refer to the President & Athletic Director with those particular names & why your thread is so long with the names of people who are not associated with the program. I also forgot to ask why you always call the coach Stevie wonder.

For The Other Regulars: I get the impression that there are people who come on these blogs who really would like to have logical & rational discussions about Boston College sports teams. Unfortunately, those discussions are always sabatoged by at least four people who are continually in negative mode. Even when some of the clear thinking regulars make excellent points, the sabatours, with thier constant negativity, render the whole thing useless.

For those of you folks who try to emphasize a positive outlook on Boston College sports teams, I commend your efforts. I can now see that it can not be easy, especially when trying to bypass those with opposite agendas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Batman,

You can try to engage LP but you will not be satisfied with his responses.  Basically he trys to paint a negative picture of BC without supporting evidence.  The simplest example is his use of the terms  "abysmal" and "pathetic" to describe BC's alumni giving.  When asked to classify and qualify his terms he goes silent and starts another thread.  It is also why Provpats always posts his standard response to LP as a counter to his long signature.  He is asking for the supporting evidence, or in Wikipedia terms, citation needed.

As far as getting good sports discussion, I am sure that is the objective of the Boston Globe.  As long as the forums are virtually unmoderated it will remain a problem.  Take your shot at engaging LP but I suspect that in the long run you will place him on ignore.

If you want to follow BC sports you may want to check ESPN, Eagle in Atlanta, WEEI's BCBlog and the BC Interuption.  These are fan sites that have comments that are moderated.

As far as a few other posters here, many are just rock throwers.  At least they do not have the long signatures that are totally off topic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]trbow , I've told you: why not give Stevie Wonder the same 7 years it took him to win at Cornell? Surely you are patient enough to endure 5 more horrid seasons, are you not? Peace
    A Lebron says: "not five, not six, not seven"

But it's good to know you will give him seven years...or are you just making mockery in oder to refuse to state an educated opinion as to what would be fair?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

bow,

Let me show you why I hold Stevie Wonder in such inestimable esteem.

Today ESPN's Fran Fraschilla wrote that next season Baylor "will be loaded." 
    In supporting his point, Fran notes that the Bears roster will include BC transfer Brady Heslip, whom Fran terms "a deadeye shooter."

Now, if Stevie Wonder can afford to jettison a player of that caliber to a team that will be a national contender next season, can you just imagine the wondrous talent level he will stock the Eagles with when the season opens.

Way to go once again, Dear Leader and Flippo!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]How about those minutes? How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity? How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year? How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years? What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

The voice of reason coming from blighted east providence!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Batman, you hit the nail on the head.  I am done with LP.  It's just not worth it.  Once you prove to him why he's wrong with actual facts, he ignores it running away to start a new thread.  And then once enough time goes by he tries to use the same point you proved him wrong on saying "show me how you proved me wrong"  It's insanity to keep running around like this.  He has zero want to engage in actual back n forth adult conversation, so why I am bothering to try is beyond me.  The guy has a vendetta against BC for some reason and in reality I don't care.  His life blows, that's his problem not mine.

Eagle, I am coming on board, no more engaging the angry old man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Boys,

Can't come up with a SUBSTANTIVE response, huh?

So, let's just pretend the facts are not what they are, is that it?

You've both retired the Ostrich Award.

Peace