Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?

In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program?:
    [QUOTE]Eagle, it's just one big inferiority complex.  Why else would you waste so much time on a message board trying to convince everyone that Uconn is better than BC?  It's hilarious.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Think South Beach "sweetboy" on March 3rd! Make sure you bring some BC protection!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : yet you spend ALL your day trying to make pretend BC is relevant in ANY sport. you do know uconn won 3 nat'l titles since 1999.  how about bc?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

BC national champions in hockey 2001,2008,2010

Please do not disparage hockey as you did not specify it had to be either football or hoop.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

and of those 344 how many have a realistic shot of attaining a national championship?  10-12?  It is getting more like SEC football where a select few rule.

In hockey of the 59 there are at leat 7-8 every year that have a realistic chance of winning so the landscape in this spot is much more competitive.  There is also a reason why the Big10 thought enough to form their own league

and you did not qualify that it had to be in hoop?  Your quote was to be relavant in ANY sport.   You need to be more specific and narrow it down in terms that best serve your glorification of all things UCONN

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : huh??  assuming what you say is true (let's assume Butler and VCU can't happen in hoops although they almost won it), wouldn't a 1 in 12 chance of winning it in hoops be more difficult than a 1 in 8 chance in hockey?  using your own argument, it should be easier to win it in hockey than hoops based on your own odds. I'm really confused on this one....  As for more specific, you are correct but I assumed most people realize the true revenue sports are football and basketball. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    my point is that there are a lot more bad D1 hoop teams out there than there bad hockey teams.  As a percentage of the teasms playing the sport the strongest compose 14% of the total playing while the hoop has a 3% of the strongest teams.  So using my comparison it shold be easier to win as there are more bad teams.  As Mark Twain said, "there are lies, d$$n lies and statistics"

Atlantic hockey is pretty bad as and some of the other leagues have 1-2 strong teams but overall within the conferences it is pretty tough. You have to fight thorugh these guys every year (and for every VCU/Butler there is a Lake Superior State or MN Duluth.)

and what has UCONN ever done in football?  You are taking hoop and saying that is the standard everyone must compare to.  I give on hoop ok?  and they even win on NBA ready talent although BC certainly clobbers UCONN on NFL ready talent

And I think if you look at the social strata hockey players come from it is not a rich kid's sport.  It is a major expenditure of money but it is a sport predominantly populated by the middle class.  I know, because I live it as did my son.  It is the dirt poor ghetto kids?  For the most part no, but the hockey kids aren't playing polo or shooting skeet either

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Yeah, I know, I should respond.  But whatever.

Once again, Uconn made a BCS bowl game because the system is stupid and some team from the conferences with the most money HAVE to make the game.  Most teams that make the BCS are ranked at least in the top 15.  When Uconn "made" the BCS game they were no where close to the top 25.  So the entire BE conference had zero ranked teams.  They had no business being in a bowl with Oklahoma, which was evident by the pasting they got....

So keep on hanging on to that well earned BCS bowl game.

You're the type of guy who boasts about winning an intramural championship while the real athletes actually made the team...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

And this ladies and gentlemen is what you get when you don't have any legitimate comeback.

I rest my case.

Good day sir.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]PC beats uscum and donnnnnn has no comment. Maybe Cheerios can give us a cut and paste.
    Posted by Lordship[/QUOTE]

Looking forward in BC wraping up their embarrassing season at 9-21, as everyone predicted!

Not invited to the Dance, NIT, or ACC tournament is enough satisfaction for all to enjoy. Gives meaning to the term braggarts with no delivery! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]And this ladies and gentlemen is what you get when you don't have any legitimate comeback. I rest my case. Good day sir.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

MO, good post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should uconn eliminate its athletic program? : 1978; at the game last night than shut up! Saw your Everett High School want a bees win their 9th, but almost blew it, before 800 Notre Dame rejects. Miami up next, away from Route 128, and then you can go away, and book your vacation to "Provincetown"!   
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

So, this is what crack babies sound like/ write like when they grow up.

Very sad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

mo good post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

ok I will type slowly so even you can understand.  The Frozen Four is 16 teams not 68.  So if you have 7-8 teams who can win are contenders your chances of winning are reduced because you will  meet a tough team quickly. No weak AQ sisters or playins in the Frozen Four.

With 7-8 teams during the regular season, you will play contenders more often as the stronger conferences have at least 2-3 of such teams

I did not include VCU or Butler as they are outliers and their water has returned to its normal level this year.

as far as history you are the one who brought it up back to 1999 not me and chose to focus on "revenue sports" without telling anyone.

you are also the one who said UCONN people really care about NBA ready players; well BC in that regard has certainly outshone UCONN in the NFL.  You can't even concede the point that over the pst 10 years BC has been the better program by any measure...so sad.   You had incisive and insightful views on UCONN hoop but the potential for a reasonable conversation is drowned out by your need to drown out everything that is said about BC

as for the rest of it "Good Post Mo" said it all

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Awesome post Mo!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

please put me on ignore.  the percentage of excellent teams in the Frozen four is much higher than in the hoop plaoffs.  Therefore you will meet excellent teams much sooner.  It is not about the huge number of teams in the regular season, it is about what you see in the tourney. You don't need a calculator to understand this just some common sense. 

I know this is one of the few places in the firmament that UCONN doesn't ewxcel over everyone else, but you just may have to accept it 

Please put me on ignore.  You can't do it!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I never thought we would find someone with as much misplaced hate for BC as LP, but ding ding ding, we have a winner in Donna.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

yeah no kidding mo

BTW good post

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.