The Big East thrives, thank you

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Re: The Big East thrives, thank you

In Response to Re: The Big East thrives, thank you:
    [QUOTE]The ACC melt down, with the Carolina blue looking more like your bottom tier scrub pretender. Say good by Dean Smith & hello to the Big Bad East!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

More proof of the failure of our public schoools.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]As predicted, a 16 point EMBARRASSMENT for the little eagles away from their little bee hive Conte Gym on the Green line! Big time Stevey Donohue, BC's salvation to the Big Time NCAA basketball could go all the way!  Duke awaits BC headed for another another big time embarrassment,  and our little eagles can start the blog... could have, should have, would have, if, or the maybe ifs ...we should have stayed at the Heights .....

Have to give our little uconn friend some props today.
    He correctly used and spelled "could have" etc. Was very suprised not to see "couldof, shouldof, wouldof"
    Maybe there is some hope for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Uconn dude it no more than 15 years old.  That's how moron teenager boys speak now.  That generation is full of a bunch of Vanilla Ice wannabes.  funny thing is, they don't even know who that is or that he's a joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Any doubt of the strength of the Big East is shredded by the following:

1. It has 7 teams in the top 25;

2. Cuse draws 33,000 to its game vs Nova yesterday;

3. Nova goes into that den and wins;

4. Their tournament in NY is the best in the nation;

5. With a new, nationally-experienced coach, St. John's is on the way back, big time, with a prime recruiting class for next year;

6. Providence just landed a prime recruit from the home state - and beat Louisville at home this weekend.

Too bad the Big East train no longer stops in Boston. (Don't you just salivate at the idea of having some of those match-ups here?)

Thanks to you-know-which-two out at Chestnut Hill.

Peace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I will say I do miss BE hoops.  While the move to the ACC has been a boon for $$$, for recruiting and for our other warmer weather sports (soccer, baseball) we of course belong in the BE.  I'd much rather watch up play nova, cuse, gtwon, etc than virginia, nc state, blah blah.  As said, college sports are corrupt and its about money.  Which is why a texas school, TCU, is coming to the BE.  Its just how it is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Big East to get 11 teams into Big Dance, ACC maybe 2. Great move by Bumbling College. A laughingstock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

What a Great win for a Great University! The University of Notre Dame and Ben Hansbrough could go all the way! Our BC delusional trolls still struggling for identity in some major sport in 2011!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Victory over #2 ranked PITT puts the Golden Domers up 8 spots in the AP & Coaches USAToday pools!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

And yet UNDKING is too much of a coward to talk about ND football.  you know the national joke that is ND football.  Come out come out so called King and respond.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

[QUOTE]And yet UNDKING is too much of a coward to talk about ND football.  you know the national joke that is ND football.  Come out come out so called King and respond.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]True enough, momort.  And what do they call ice hockey at ND, a minor sport?   Guess that was true enough when BC demolished them a few years back in the nat'l championship. This guy looks like he has no ND friends (and I don't believe for one minute he's an alum or even an adult) if he has to "celebrate" a b-ball win with another rant at BC. Eagles are really under the skin of this ultimate troll.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]I will say I do miss BE hoops.  While the move to the ACC has been a boon for $$$, for recruiting and for our other warmer weather sports (soccer, baseball) we of course belong in the BE.  I'd much rather watch up play nova, cuse, gtwon, etc than virginia, nc state, blah blah.  As said, college sports are corrupt and its about money.  Which is why a texas school, TCU, is coming to the BE.  Its just how it is. 
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

There isn't going to be a "Big East" in a few years. Does anyone think that a 17 team all-sports league with teams in Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida, Ohio, the Northeast and Texas is going to last? Half of whom are small Catholic schools the other half of which are a melange of other types?

Everyone in the know will tell you the same thing: the non-football (mostly Catholic) schools are going to break off and form one league and the football schools are going to be another league. Right now it is up in the air as to which way Villanova goes. But there is no way that Providence, St. Johns, Seton Hall,  Marquette, and Depaul are going to be in the same athletic league long-term as Texas Christian and South Florida. Ain't gonna happen. Some of the Catholic Schools in the A10 (Dayton? St. Joes?) and Patriot League (Holy Cross? Fordham?) are going to team with the Big East Catholic schools and form a "natural" Northeast-Midwest Catholic league that does not play football.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Want MORE proof of how good the Big East is?

Seton Hall just beat Syracuse, and tonight Providence whomped Nova by 15 for the Friars' second straight win over a ranked opponent.

Just imagine how great a take in their tournament in NY will be in March!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, you are arguing against yourself.  No one is trying to say BE hoops is anything but stacked this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

To echo what momort said, we know that the BE is a good basketball conference.  It was before BC moved to the ACC and still is.

However, it is not a good football conference.  Further, the schools are a mishmash of different institutions many of which are classified differently.

One of your complaints about moving to the ACC has been the travel.  So, let's check this, the farthest they traveled in the BE was to Miami.  Still the farthest they travel.  TCU, Marquette and a number of other schools farther away than a number of BE schools.

The ACC has been excellent for many of BC's sports, i.e. soccer and baseball.  It has been good for basketball and football.  It has generate exposure in the south and generate much more revenue than the BE had for the school.

One of your arguments has been the cost of running an athletic program.  I'd like to see a comparison of revenue versus expenses today versus when BC was in the BE.  I suspect that they lose money considering how many programs they run but I also suspect that the gap to profitability is much smaller.

Finally, interesting that you are now touting PC basketball, a team that BC beat this year.  Sorry, you can not have it both ways.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]LP, To echo what momort said, we know that the BE is a good basketball conference.  It was before BC moved to the ACC and still is. However, it is not a good football conference.  Further, the schools are a mishmash of different institutions many of which are classified differently. One of your complaints about moving to the ACC has been the travel.  So, let's check this, the farthest they traveled in the BE was to Miami.  Still the farthest they travel.  TCU, Marquette and a number of other schools farther away than a number of BE schools. The ACC has been excellent for many of BC's sports, i.e. soccer and baseball.  It has been good for basketball and football.  It has generate exposure in the south and generate much more revenue than the BE had for the school. One of your arguments has been the cost of running an athletic program.  I'd like to see a comparison of revenue versus expenses today versus when BC was in the BE.  I suspect that they lose money considering how many programs they run but I also suspect that the gap to profitability is much smaller. Finally, interesting that you are now touting PC basketball, a team that BC beat this year.  Sorry, you can not have it both ways.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

Eagle79 before you comment on BC baseball know your facts! BC cannot run 9 innings with Bowdoin in Baseball, or for that matter a good Taiwan component at the Little League World Series. BC is dreadfull in Baseball and has never accomplish much of anything since joing the ACC, other than being a good practice squad geek squad for the Red Sox B team each Spring!  

Fact #2; BC is deplorable in Soceer, never has accomplished much in this sport either other than being a John Hopkins or UVA want-a-be. 

Keep on yacking BC troll ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Big East thrives, thank you : Eagle79 before you comment on BC baseball know your facts! BC cannot run 9 innings with Bowdoin in Baseball, or for that matter a good Taiwan component at the Little League World Series. BC is dreadfull in Baseball and has never accomplish much of anything since joing the ACC, other than being a good practice squad geek squad for the Red Sox B team each Spring!   Fact #2; BC is deplorable in Soceer, never has accomplished much in this sport either other than being a John Hopkins or UVA want-a-be.  Keep on yacking BC troll ...
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

BC had a pretty respectable season a couple of years ago in the NCAAs for baseball.  Not too bad and I believe their catcher in that season was drafted fairly high

As far as soccer goes the women made the final four this year and the men were in the tourney as well.  Bringing Johns Hopkins into the conversation is of course in lacrosse not soccer.  I believe Hopkins is in D3 not D1 for soccer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Great game BC a 16 point humiliation, and you call yourselves Division 1?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Big East thrives, thank you : BC had a pretty respectable season a couple of years ago in the NCAAs for baseball.  Not too bad and I believe their vatcher in that season was drafted fairly high As far as soccer goes the women made the final four this year and the men were in the tourney as well.  Bringing Johns Hopkins into the conversation is of course in lacrosse not soccer.  I believe Hopkins is in D3 not D1 for soccer.
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Great showing at Duke ... John Hopkins is NCAA National Champs & often beats up on UVA so how can they be considered D3?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

NDKing, you are worse, way worse than LP you loser.  I mean, do you even want to engage in adult conversation and debate about these topics, or do you want to just throw nonsense out and have people yell at you.  You have to be no more than 14 years old.  If you are an adult, our school system failed again.

I mean, I am not going to waste time proving you are wrong.  Grow up you nitwit.

The best part is, you are still a huge whimp and won't engage me in the topic of "Notre Dame football is no longer relevant on a national scale"....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

So I felt like looking it up.

BC women soccer just made the final 4.....

BC men's soccer made the ncaa tourney....

Seriously you child, if you want to engage in debate, then let's do so, but to just say random things to get a reaction?  Grow up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Big East thrives, thank you : Great showing at Duke ... John Hopkins is NCAA National Champs & often beats up on UVA so how can they be considered D3?
    If you read the post ND's comment was made in the context of soccer.  He brought Hopkins into the conversation and I was merely pointing out to him that Hopkins is a lacrosse power not a soccer power; they play D3 in all their sports except lacrosse

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Big East thrives, thank you : Eagle79 before you comment on BC baseball know your facts! BC cannot run 9 innings with Bowdoin in Baseball, or for that matter a good Taiwan component at the Little League World Series. BC is dreadfull in Baseball and has never accomplish much of anything since joing the ACC, other than being a good practice squad geek squad for the Red Sox B team each Spring!   Fact #2; BC is deplorable in Soceer, never has accomplished much in this sport either other than being a John Hopkins or UVA want-a-be.  Keep on yacking BC troll ...
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Does any post show how much of fraud ND King is than this one.

Quick Question King, who is the ND coach for baseball?

Where did he previously coach?

As you obviously don't know, let me spell it out for you.

The ND baseball coach is Mik Aoki.

His previous job was the baseball coach at BOSTON COLLEGE!

He did such a good job at Boston College that (sadly) Notre Dame stole him from us.

But somewhow in your world BC baseball is terrible...yet ND hired the BC coach in 2010! What does that say about ND Baseball!

You are a complete and total fraud. Not only do you know nothing about Boston College you apparently know nothing about Notre Dame!

Troll.

I will end my post as I do all replies to you: Please state your highest level of education and where it was obtained.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Top 5 NCAA D1 Football Conferences:
    1. SEC
    2. Big 12
    3. Big 10
    4. Pac10 
    5. Big East

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Top 5 NCAA Basketball Conferences

1. Big East