UConn Football to the MAC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

UConn Football to the MAC?

Pete Thamel in today's NY Times says that UConn officials are mishandling their approach to saving their football.  He notes that their public announcement that they want out of the Big East is not appreciated by anyone, the ACC has no need to expand any further, and that their only outpost for football stability under the current situation would be the MAC with UMass for football.  They can stay in the BE for everything else, which is where the BE is headed anyway.  This is in the NY Times!  So much for being big in the NY market!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: UConn Football to the MAC?

The MAC can have the mediocre football programs like the cons of Huskieville. Calhoun and his lacky president are reduced to groveling and begging.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: UConn Football to the MAC?:
    [QUOTE]The MAC can have the mediocre football programs like the cons of Huskieville. Calhoun and his lacky president are reduced to groveling and begging.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Where is BC in this equation?  0-3 and facing a 3-9 season and you talk about the MAC?

Jim Calhoun

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Hi Cheeroh - your moronic question about where is BC? Well the easy answer is in the desireable driver seat of one of the most-sought after conferences in America. Yes the BC football team this year is struggling - for the first time in more than 13 years (longer than Yukon has had a Div. I program). But it is still better than pathetic Sueconn and no one...and I mean no one...... wants your second-rate football program, community college academics and lying, cheating bufoon of a basketball Coach.

So BC (Who is still second in most football wins since joining the ACC) is with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Georgia Tech, Duke, Wake Forest and the rest of the "Best Basketball Conference - The ACC!"

If you are a Boston resident you can proudly root for BC (ranked as the No. 34 Academic institution in the ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!), to continue to be a leader in the classroom, in the community, and on the field and court. It must be hard to root for Yukon when they don't graduate players, bend the rules for hoop players - and worse....no one cares when they win.

The better question is where will SueConn wind up now that no good conference wants them????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: UConn Football to the MAC?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn Football to the MAC? : Where is BC in this equation?  0-3 and facing a 3-9 season and you talk about the MAC? Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

How's that Husker DU hockey program going ? Picked 5th in the mighty AHA and the mighty basketball program is begging it's way out of the the Big Least...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fleetian51. Show fleetian51's posts

"If you are a Boston resident you can proudly root for BC (ranked as the No. 34 Academic institution in the ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!'

Right behind #1 Harvard, #6 MIT and #28 Tufts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Why would the MAC want anything to do with UConn and the increasing stains on the program?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

I think BC is actually #31 tied with Brandeis.  The UConn guy here should spend more time wondering how UConn managed to be completely out maneuvered by Pitt in getting the last seat at the ACC table.  UConn's only chance is to somehow convince Penn State or ND to help drag them into the ACC.  And those are very long odds. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4099728. Show user_4099728's posts

Hello EverToExcell,
    Is that a joke? The DRIVER SEAT of the ACC? On what planet? Nearly EVERY school in the ACC is better at football/basketball, has more tradition in football/basketball, and has a better, more passionate fan base. So, realistically, they fall more towards the back seat behind the schools you listed. In fact, they are more of an afterthought when thinking about the ACC since they are slated alongside such storied programs. BC is a solid academic institution, especially since it was a commuter school not too long ago. Their sports, however have been largely IRRELEVANT the past 20 some years with the exception of Matt Ryan, and your fans, known as the SuperFrauds by the rest of us, travel pathetically. Like it or not, at least Connecticut has been to a BCS bowl while BC continues to dominate their 'Cheerio' bowls. And PLEASE, you sound incredibly hypocritical talking about scandals; if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that BC is quite guilty themselves of said cheating with their infamous point shaving scandal.
    So remember - It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Oh, and GO UMASS!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Hey WHR - did you go to college? just curious - you will be pleased to know that BC JUMPED UP Three spots in the most prestigious collegiate rankings from 34 to #31!!!

And to Yukon fan who questioned the "driver's Seat" I meant we had a secure place in a fabulous conference making Millions of dollars. Also remember, if we still played in the Big Least I'm quite sure we would have been to several BCS bowls in that weaker watered-down league. When Miami, BC and Va. Tech left (the three best teams in the league) it opened the door for the likes of Cincy, West Va. and yes even Yukon to sneak in at a mediocre 8-4 - only to get destroyed by Oklahoma.

also if Yukon is so good, how come no one wants them in any of these expansion discussions. It will be very amusing to see your hoops coach Calclown and your chick president on their knees begging to join the ACC only to get turned away by superior institutions -

Class, academic standards, graduation rates - they all mean something on a bigger stage and you are about to learn that the hard way!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fleetian51. Show fleetian51's posts

"Class, academic standards, graduation rates - they all mean something on a bigger stage and you are about to learn that the hard way!"

BC bloggers have zero class. You are not Texas in football, Duke in basketball or Harvard in academics. You are a decent school with decent athletics, not exceptional in any way. 4th in Boston, middling the ACC.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

WHR - Again did you go to college - just curious? From your incomprehensible anti-BC rants and your random spouting of stats from an admittedly disappointing season so far, you are discounting the facts that I lay out in my posts.

BC is the No. 31 ranked institution in the entire USA! We are a welcome member in what is turning into the best overall conference for basketball, football and academics combined.

Fleetian - Glad you could join us - with your positive energy, Harvard, Brandeis and Tufts don't play Div I Football, so what's your point. BC is the only school in The Country! that plays successful Div 1 football, basketball and hockey and is ranked in the Top 31 universities in the USA - give the Eagles some credit.

As far as class of the posters goes...well we get tired some times of the nit-whit trolls like Cheerio and WHR who don't want to face facts and are jealous about Yukon about to be left out in the MAC Football cold - no one wants them and no one cares.....now Calhoun and the Prez are going to be forced to beg and swallow hard on their false pride in the hopes that the ACC can let them slide in....it's not going to happen and they are now getting EXACTLY what they deserve.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE] BC is the only school in The Country! that plays successful Div 1 football, basketball and hockey and is ranked in the Top 31 universities in the USA - give the Eagles some credit.
    Posted by EverToExcell[/QUOTE]
    EVER - I'm as pro a BC guy as there is, but that statement distorts program and academic reality.  DI programs in fb,bb and hockey are plentiful. For starters off the top of my head:
    ND, Michigan, Mich St, Ohio St, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado all run these 3 athletic D1 programs.  They may not all be in the top 31 universities at the moment, but those ratings vary from year to year, and all these institutions do exist as well respected members of academia as does BC. UConn hopes to be there, and who can blame them?

I agree with the other points about the tiring whines and venom of other posters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Trbow - you are correct and I was mistaken - I forgot about Notre Dame playing all three with the academic clout. Good catch....but still you probably get my point. People love to Bash BC for what they are not.....rather than give them credit for the many awesome things that they are.

Go Eagles!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]Trbow - you are correct and I was mistaken - I forgot about Notre Dame playing all three with the academic clout. Good catch....but still you probably get my point. People love to Bash BC for what they are not.....rather than give them credit for the many awesome things that they are. Go Eagles!
    Posted by EverToExcell[/QUOTE]

Must have been rejected at UND when BC was this commuter school without dorms way back in '79 old timer!  Must be a very tough season with the Red Sox choke, and BC never being recognized in anything but weak sporting blogs put forward by the Globe? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

Actually ND Queen....hold onto your yourself....I was accepted at Notre Dame & BC and chose BC - imagine that. what was even funnier is that one of my room mates was in the exact same boat and did the exact same thing. It was CLEARLY the right choice for me.

How about you, did you go to college? Just curious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In Response to Re: UConn Football to the MAC? : Must have been rejected at UND  when BC was this commuter school without dorms way back in '79 old timer!  Must be a very tough season with the Red Sox choke, and BC never being recognized in anything but weak sporting blogs put forward by the Globe? 
    Posted by UofNDKing

Thanks NDqueen for another pointless post in this weak sporting blog that you seem to particiapte in uselessly but very often.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimy. Show kimy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UConn Football to the MAC? : Where is BC in this equation?  0-3 and facing a 3-9 season and you talk about the MAC?
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

BC is in the ACC!!!
    BC football is having a tough season this year (their first in 13 seasons).

So why are UConn fans on these boards?
    This is a Boston newspaper.
    Nobody cares about UConn football here. No one except for UConn grads.

Why not comment in the Hartford Courant (the UConn mouthpeice) about the fact that UConn unjustly sued and slandered BC back in 2003.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

TR

one minor correction to the schools listed

The University of Colorado, to my knowledge does not have a hockey program; Colorado College does, but I believe they do not play D1 football.

Other than that, I agree.  We should focus on the strengths BC has which have been good all-around athletic programs (not top tier in FB) that have only been strengthened by the prescient move to the ACC and the ability to attract top tier ice hockey players