UMASS BBALL - is it back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from refuse2lose. Show refuse2lose's posts

UMASS BBALL - is it back?

UMass just beat Saint Louis who was ranked in the top 25 this season. I don't know if there are expectations for an NCAA birth but the NIT is certainly on the table. Just wanted to start some talk about a WINNING basketball team!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

Re: UMASS BBALL - is it back?

Great Win!!!Sealed 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosox04000. Show Bosox04000's posts

20+ wins this year and all key players except Carter returning next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phenten. Show phenten's posts

Almost a sellout today, 8,400 at the game today, most since 2007.  UMass was up by 19 at the half. Place was rocking!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Is Bumbles College on exam or semester break? I have seen nothing in the news about their Basketball Season????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minutemen429. Show Minutemen429's posts

Great to see UMass playing well this year,  still have the toughest strech of the season coming up in February.  I would be great to see CSN carry some of those games against Temple, Dayton, La Salle and Xavier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I hope they keep it up.  It's great to see the program coming back, and that patience in Kellogg has paid off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeUMA. Show MikeUMA's posts

In Response to Re: UMASS BBALL - is it back?:
    [QUOTE]Great to see UMass playing well this year,  still have the toughest strech of the season coming up in February.  I would be great to see CSN carry some of those games against Temple, Dayton, La Salle and Xavier.
    Posted by Minutemen429[/QUOTE]

TV's okay, but go out to the Mullins in person.  It was a rockin' time yesterday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

UMASS is on the selection bubble, with Harvard, and UCONN a lock three teams from New England could be dancing in March madness!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkelly1984. Show mkelly1984's posts

I was at the UConn game in 2007 as a student and I went to the game on Saturday as an Alumni. The Mullins Cnener was electric. I'm thrilled to see that Umass is playing well. I'm happier still for Kellogg who has poured in heart and soul into this team for the past four years. I saw that Umass just made it onto Joe Lundaris bracket and I hope they stay there. If they keep up this tempo they'll be dancing in March.

Oh and the Globe should stop focusing resources and energy on articles about BC. They keep saying that BC is in a rebuilding year and are playing 9 freshman but they freshman they have suck and they wont be any better next year. Umass has a solid team and only one significant player who will be gone next year, Sean Carter. Umass is the team to be talking about. Lets get the coverage for Umass going.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

I wanted Kellogg's head after last season. Now I have to admit he finally figured out what he needed to do to win. Can we finally break through?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minutemen429. Show Minutemen429's posts

Talk about a let down game vs. URI

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

Yeah but beating GW on the road is getting back on track and still moving in the right direction. 

Hoping we can win our home games and maybe pick up another road win. 

UMass hoops looks better than they have in years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phenten. Show phenten's posts

Among the games left this season are five huge games; @ Temple, @ Dayton and home vs. Lasalle, Xavier and St. Joe's - all teams above them in the RPI.  To even have a shot at an at-large bid they need to win 4 out of 5 of those games.   The Lasalle game is a Saturday night, 6pm game The Mullins Center should be packed!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from refuse2lose. Show refuse2lose's posts

Let's not forget that there are still 7 games to go, not just 5. The most important game will be the @Temple game, as stated. But X and Dayton will be pretty important as well. And wins against St. Bon and (god willing) URI are still W's. Even with a loss to Temple, that would put UMass at 23-7, and one of the top seeds in the A10 tournament. Also, Miami beat Duke over the weekend, so that helps UMass's RPI, even if it's in the most miniscule way possible. A decent showing in the A10 tournament MIGHT be enough to squeeze them into the NCAAs.

However, i agree, it's still a long shot, a win at temple would be HUGE even if they take a loss to dayton or X on the road. A good NIT run would be great to get some post season experience for these guys and prime them for a Sweet Sixteen run next year! haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from phenten. Show phenten's posts

UMass needs a more top 50 RPI wins to be in the at-large conversation.  Lucky for them they have three games left vs. top 50 RPI teams, Temple, St Joes and Xavier. A win at Dayton would also go along way even with them in a free fall winning there would be huge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox01. Show redsox01's posts

nice if we can beat st. joe's tonight. Go UMass!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

I guess Saint Joseph's shut this door......there will always be some Jesuit school that will beat UMass. The Hawk will never die!

25. This post has been removed.