Umass Lacrosse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanalSt82. Show CanalSt82's posts

Umass Lacrosse

Umass lacrosse is looking very solid again this year. Ranked 7th in the nation, they beat Harvard by two this past weekend. A solid defensive game.

They have a tough schedule this season. The game against Penn State in March out in Amherst could shape the season and their ranking.

Go U.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Re: Umass Lacrosse

In response to CanalSt82's comment:

Umass lacrosse is looking very solid again this year. Ranked 7th in the nation, they beat Harvard by two this past weekend. A solid defensive game.

They have a tough schedule this season. The game against Penn State in March out in Amherst could shape the season and their ranking.

Go U.

BC is at the bottom of the ACC barrel in that venture also... UVA & UNC cream of the crop with the John Hopkins' not too shabby!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Men's LAX is essentially a club sport at BC.  The league they play in isn't part of the NCAA, I think they try to call it D1 LAX, but it isn't.   They really ought to think about a move up, since the ACC is the premier league for the sport.

As for the Gorilla's,  they're coming off a season where they were ranked number 1 for a bit,  undefeated all the way until the end.  There was alot of controversy about it being undeserved,  and their seed at the tournament was closer to where they really stood, which was on the tail end of the top 10.   Still not bad at all.  Fun sport to watch in small doses, and it still seems way too early for them to be playing right now.  

Edit:  Whoa,  I totally missed that they've already played and beaten #4 UNC.  Nice, but mid February is just wrong. 

Good post Slim, but you're showing your age - Garber's Gorillas were a long time ago .... but for 40+ years of watching 'crosse at UM, I'm still a fan in big doses or small -- fastest growing sport in the country, they tell me ...................

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Yup, I'm getting long in tooth.  Lacrosse was just starting to get popular in HS around here while I was a student at UMass. Never saw it until I got there though.  Fun, especially in the Spring. Not digging that new turf on the field, and they don't allow drinking anymore.  I guess that was never really totally legal, but back in my day there would be kegs outside the fence, hydrating those inside and out.  Now I hear it's a no-no.  I only rarely catch a UMass game, generally a double header when hoops is playing the same day. 

Now slim you were not at Baker House were you?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

LAX, as Rugby are club sports but don't tell the folks at UNC, or UVA this!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

82nd,  the LAX championship weekend, which covers D1, 2, and 3,  generally draws 120,000 for the weekend, at a floating site. I thought I should point this out. I understand that Spring Football Practice is well underway at this point in time down in Hicksville, so you haven't a clue. But I really hate to think that your world is that small, so I have to at least try to expand your horizons.   The world does not start and end College Football.

Slim, That's ALL there is in the South. Check out this site, counting down the days, hours, minutes, and (even ) seconds 'til kickoff. If you lived in Tuscaloosa, you'd be into it too. What else is there? Sad, but their world does begin and end with college football.
    http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/alab-m-footbl-body.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

82nd,  the LAX championship weekend, which covers D1, 2, and 3,  generally draws 120,000 for the weekend, at a floating site. I thought I should point this out. I understand that Spring Football Practice is well underway at this point in time down in Hicksville, so you haven't a clue. But I really hate to think that your world is that small, so I have to at least try to expand your horizons.   The world does not start and end College Football.

Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

When all else fails there's always delusion @ BC!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to postingking's comment:

Wonder Boy Donahue has a good start on failure 0-3 in the NCAAs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

BC's failure in the ACC is due to the lack of recruiting in 82nd Airborne's Dixie divide south of MD!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack ryder. Show jack ryder's posts

In response to postingking's comment:

Like your boy Teo's girlfriend?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to undking's comment:

BC's failure in the ACC is due to the lack of recruiting in 82nd Airborne's Dixie divide south of MD!

FYI Gipper, the Dixie divide, AKA Mason-Dixon Line, is north of MD. Didn't you learn that at UND?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

In response to undking's comment:

FYI Gipper, the Dixie divide, AKA Mason-Dixon Line, is north of MD. Didn't you learn that at UND?

Hacks at Buffoon College came up with the $7.00 special for the GT game - - 48. Last chance to see those YWCA scrubs, not to mention,  three shut out years in a row without an invite coming up on March 17th St. Irish Day!

Loss of Endowment funding keeps on taking a hit where these invites are becoming less frequent in the past five years.

Cheers,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Honor Joe 1948 get your 3.00 off the three pointer!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Nice to see Bill Gates admonishes Buffoon College for sending a Gateway Scholarship awardee student to Buffoon College, and then the  Buffoons turn around and jack him for $2,500.00 for extra Dough Ray Me for their second collection!

BILL GATES ALEDGES FRAUD AT BC.