Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State?

Four years of revenue from PSU football's gotta be a hell of a lot more revenue than ONE year's UConn BB brings in, not to mention the deep, perhaps eternally deep, hole PSU is in in football - perhaps extending to their other athletic programs as well. Blow off second semester? Isn't than when about half the regular season games are played, not to mention the playoffs? Should NCAA monitor class attendance as well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State?:
    [QUOTE]See poll
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

forgot who really cares about UCONN, or BC there irrelevant at this stage of the game. Northeast athletics does really suck! Nice to see a true collegiate coach and Champion enjoying the PATS game with Robert Kraft that being Johnny Calapari!

Don't see Bob Kraft inviting Steve Donahue, or Spazoo complete losers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State?:
    [QUOTE]Four years of revenue from PSU football's gotta be a hell of a lot more revenue than ONE year's UConn BB brings in, not to mention the deep, perhaps eternally deep, hole PSU is in in football - perhaps extending to their other athletic programs as well. Blow off second semester? Isn't than when about half the regular season games are played, not to mention the playoffs? Should NCAA monitor class attendance as well?
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

Yes at BC for Montel Harris stated he barely went to class, and had tutors do most of his work .... Nice guy there as he left BC, the almighty academic juggernaut, with some surprising revelations.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : Dude, you are a Notre Dame fan.  They are terrible in hoops (never do anything) and are past their prime for football.  I get it though, I have a lot of irish friends with no real ties to notre dame who jumped on the bandwagon back then and are still hanging on hoping to be relevant again.  Problem is, it aint coming.  You complain about BC, i think that is a fair point but Uconn?  You do know the last ND won a football championship was 1988 (almost 25 years ago).  As for Uconn
    basketball (they are a hoops school)-  the last championship was in 2011, and they have won 3 national titles since 1999 (13 years).  So get some facts before saying Uconn is irrelevant and Northeast sports "suck".  You sound like an idiot making off the cuff posts with no logic or facts to back it up.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

DUDE, UCONN SHOULD BE STRIPPED OF ALL IT'S TITLES FOR IT'S CHEATING WAYS. A FRAUD IN THE ANNALS OF COLLEGIATE BASKETBALL, A FRAUD OF A COACH, AND ALSO A FRAUD WHOSE ONLY WAY TO AN NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS, AND I MEAN PLURAL,  WAS THROUGH RECRUITING VIOLATIONS AS AN UNETHICAL SHAME. UCONN DUDE, IS A FRAUD!  WHOSE PROGRAM IS WORSE? UCONN A NORTHEAST FRAUD
    !

Nice to see their sorry football program losing their top ranked recruit at QB, all State at Lake Braddock HS (VA) (2011)! Went on record "UCONN is a dismal program"
      ..... DUDE!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : Yes at BC for Montel Harris stated he barely went to class, and had tutors do most of his work .... Nice guy there as he left BC, the almighty academic juggernaut, with some surprising revelations.
    Posted by undking[/QUOTE]

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!!

Why do you make this **** up? Please provide a link or a source for your lies about Montel Harris!

You might be confusing him with any number of alleged "student" athletes at south bend

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : Dude, you are a Notre Dame fan.  They are terrible in hoops (never do anything) and are past their prime for football.  I get it though, I have a lot of irish friends with no real ties to notre dame who jumped on the bandwagon back then and are still hanging on hoping to be relevant again.  Problem is, it aint coming.  You complain about BC, i think that is a fair point but Uconn?  You do know the last ND won a football championship was 1988 (almost 25 years ago).  As for Uconn basketball (they are a hoops school)-  the last championship was in 2011, and they have won 3 national titles since 1999 (13 years).  So get some facts before saying Uconn is irrelevant and Northeast sports "suck".  You sound like an idiot making off the cuff posts with no logic or facts to back it up.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

He sounds like an idiot because he IS an idiot

undking = whr = cheeroh = same idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC gets off on wrong foot

Pantale to miss significant time

MORE EXCUSES, AND SPAZOO HAS NOT EVEN HAD A SCRIMAGE AS OF YET! SAD TEAM, SAD COACH AND WERE OFF TO THAT 3-9 SEASON!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : He sounds like an idiot because he IS an idiot undking = whr = cheeroh = same idiot
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Don't include me there sweet boy!
    How was your journey's to Provincetown this Summer?
    Much action?
    Catch Family Day at BC with Spazoo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : forgot who really cares about UCONN, or BC there irrelevant at this stage of the game. Northeast athletics does really suck! Nice to see a true collegiate coach and Champion enjoying the PATS game with Robert Kraft that being Johnny Calapari! Don't see Bob Kraft inviting Steve Donahue, or Spazoo complete losers!
    Posted by undking[/QUOTE]

Kraft has a new philly, as slick Johnny ... UCONN is a good academic school with a crack civil engineering program where I am a proud graduate ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Uconn basketball's punishment just as bad as Penn State? : Don't include me there sweet boy! How was your journey's to Provincetown this Summer? Much action? Catch Family Day at BC with Spazoo?
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

whr = undking = same idiot
    cheerio = different idiot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Learning makes the wise wiser and the fool more foolish.

If you all enjoy predictability, all power to you. Go check out the grass and celebrate that fact that it is growing upward. I am glad that all of you get joy knowing that dogs go to the bathroom and gravity keeps it on the ground. Yeah, there is a shortage of joy and if you can found it in those things, you are blessed. If the New England Patriots can beat a high school team, I am sure that you would be happy over their accomplishment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

BC football tickets go on sale four pack for one. BC needs your support to fulfill its miserable attendance showings in the Sand Box, for the upcoming 2012 season!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]Learning makes the wise wiser and the fool more foolish. If you all enjoy predictability, all power to you. Go check out the grass and celebrate that fact that it is growing upward. I am glad that all of you get joy knowing that dogs go to the bathroom and gravity keeps it on the ground. Yeah, there is a shortage of joy and if you can found it in those things, you are blessed. If the New England Patriots can beat a high school team, I am sure that you would be happy over their accomplishment.
    Posted by postingking[/QUOTE]
    what???????????????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Problems afoot for Al Louis-Jean, BC

Sophomore cornerback Al Louis-Jean yesterday became the second Boston College player to suffer a broken foot in preseason practice.

Louis-Jean, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound speedy cover corner from Brockton, emerged from a contact drill favoring his left foot and received immediate medical attention.

The timetable for Louis-Jean’s return is uncertain, but he will miss the season opener against the Miami Hurricanes at Alumni Stadium on Sept. 1.

OH MY MY; OH MY MY! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

@ Fukowi .... the other rag sheet  

No yhe problem is the BC recruits there just plain soft as butter, all Catholic prep boys from Lawrence Central!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I wonder if the NCAA wants to make an example out of Uconn and Calhoun.  Bit arbitrary tome in their punishments. I still think it's similar to cigarettes being illegal now and the police pressing charges because they had video of you 3 days ago smoking. You complain about BC, i think that is a fair point but Uconn? They need to focus on the combine or NBA camps so finals are the last thing on their minds so they drop out." Horse S___!

"Retro academic scores are just as bad as what Penn State did"

Should have put a 4th option on your poll. "What an dolt the original poster of thei thread is for comparing the two violations in any way". Nice spin and dance trying to defend the Uconn BB program and student athletes having ANY reason to cut class after being given a free education. You could easily work for either presidential campaign!

Calhoun is a great man and great coach but the UConn BB program is done! Stop trying to make excuses for their violations, you are clueless!

25. This post has been removed.