What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?

In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?:
    [QUOTE]Prtetty easy; keep doing his job. I'm sure he's not wasting his time reading idiotic comments from mom's basement boy cave dwellars.  The guy took an Ivy League team to the Sweet Sixteen for heaven's sake. He dominated Penn & Princeton for several years. He's about the only thing this BC AD has done right, although it doesn't make up for the way he treated the ex-coach.  He will be competitive sooner rather than later.
    Posted by neobserver[/QUOTE]

What happened yesterday happened, what BC will do is present you with the theories, back up your facts with evidence, and where possible offer a some conclusion, which is really only an educated guess from a fool. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job?:[QUOTE] He's got two full years to show marked improvement.  I like him as a coach but it's still too early to tell if the players are any good. Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

Beating a ranked team like FSU tonight will help, Donahue will need more like it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Please jump up and down 1948! BC beat FSU in a home game and have improved their negative RPI to -96.8!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

BC basketball beat a ranked team so the suicide watch needs to keep an eye on whr/cheeroh/undking.
    At best their keyboards will burn up from all of the "BC sucks" posts this morning, at worst they may be looking for a window to jump through

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : This is a very up and down FSU team who also lost to Princeton, Harvard and of course Uconn.  How UP do you think FSU was for this game playing in a dead arena?  I'd be bored and looking ahead also...  this may be BC's best move
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I think FSU was DOWN first, but now on the way UP, winners of 7 in a row, including UNC and Duke. Maybe they weren't UP for that UConn game earlier in the year. Hey, a win is a win, and if we have to lull them to sleep first, so be it. And your man Lonnie Jackson had 12 pts., 4 rebounds, and 0 turnovers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : BC basketball beat a ranked team so the suicide watch needs to keep an eye on whr/cheeroh/undking. At best their keyboards will burn up from all of the "BC sucks" posts this morning, at worst they may be looking for a window to jump through
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Preaching to the choir with your Conspiracy Theories again? (PROVPATS, MORMORT, GATTZIE).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Beating a ranked team like FSU tonight will help, Donahue will need more like it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Do hope for a Duke victory... or your statement will be baseless!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : What kind of Kool Aid are you drinking?  The team lacks one important thing that a few years in the gym won't help-  TALENT.  These kids aren't D1 talent and honestly, I think a lot of the d2 teams are more talented.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    HONESTLY, I THINK A LOT OF THE D2 TEAMS ARE MORE TALENTED.
    HONESTLY
    I THINK
    MORE TALENTED
    Those aren't the words of an honest man or a man who thinks or a man who ever played any sport at a high level.  Those are the words of a man who is not fair, objective or honest - but we've known that for quite a long time.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : HONESTLY, I THINK A LOT OF THE D2 TEAMS ARE MORE TALENTED. HONESTLY I THINK MORE TALENTED Those aren't the words of an honest man or a man who thinks or a man who ever played any sport at a high level.  Those are the words of a man who is not fair, objective or honest - but we've known that for quite a long time.  
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

HARVARD has more talented than BC, and a better coach,  Jeremy Lin... 38 points with the Knicks, Jared Dudley never scored 38 points in his pro career with the Suns!

New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin (17) drives past Los Angeles Lakers' Matt Barnes (9) during the first half of an NBA basketball game, Friday, Feb. 10, 2012, in New York.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : BC basketball beat a ranked team so the suicide watch needs to keep an eye on whr/cheeroh/undking. At best their keyboards will burn up from all of the "BC sucks" posts this morning, at worst they may be looking for a window to jump through
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]
    It's tough for the posting entity to jump through those little basement casing windows, especially when the entity has to climb on its bed and jump up to get to the window.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : HARVARD has more talented than BC, and a better coach,  Jeremy Lin... 38 points with the Knicks, Jared Dudley never scored 38 points in his pro career with the Suns!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    Better Coach?  Let's look at the record.  Amaker in 15 years has 1 NCAA appearance.  Donahue in 12 years has 3 NCAA appearances.
    Career winning percentage in the Ivy League: Amaker 59.7%  Donahue 55.7%
    Better Players?  Not sure how to evaluate this but I'm sure that Jared Dudley and Jeremy Lin play no part in answering this one as last time I looked neither was playing on a college basketball team.
    Better Players?  Harvard has 9 players averaging more than 10 minutes a game.  In terms of minutes played, freshman occupy the last 3 spots.  The list goes Jr,So,Sr,Jr,Sr,Jr, F,F,F. Total - 3 freshman in top 9.
    BC also has 9 players averaging double digit minutes.  In terms of minutes played the list goes Jr,F,F,F,F,F,So,Sr,F. Total - 6 freshman in top 9. That Jr leading in minutes played sat out last year and is in his first season at BC. 
    I thnk it's safe to say players tend to improve with age and experience so how do we compare the squads?  I do it this way - Harvard's won the last 2 head up games so right now, Harvard has the better players. Next year - I suggest we have them play the game and go with he winner.  Fair enough?    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Better Coach?  Let's look at the record.  Amaker in 15 years has 1 NCAA appearance.  Donahue in 12 years has 3 NCAA appearances. Career winning percentage in the Ivy League: Amaker 59.7%  Donahue 55.7% Better Players?  Not sure how to evaluate this but I'm sure that Jared Dudley and Jeremy Lin play no part in answering this one as last time I looked neither was playing on a college basketball team. Better Players?  Harvard has 9 players averaging more than 10 minutes a game.  In terms of minutes played, freshman occupy the last 3 spots.  The list goes Jr,So,Sr,Jr,Sr,Jr, F,F,F. Total - 3 freshman in top 9. BC also has 9 players averaging double digit minutes.  In terms of minutes played the list goes Jr,F,F,F,F,F,So,Sr,F. Total - 6 freshman in top 9. That Jr leading in minutes played sat out last year and is in his first season at BC.  I thnk it's safe to say players tend to improve with age and experience so how do we compare the squads?  I do it this way - Harvard's won the last 2 head up games so right now, Harvard has the better players. Next year - I suggest we have them play the game and go with he winner.  Fair enough?          
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

Seems to me you have a little green eyed monster how Dudley's career is gone down the tubes in Pheonix where they are interested in trading him at the deadline. HARVARD has a better athletic program, better coaching, and over all is a better academic institution. Get out the Angel Cloud, do a few more swipes, and flush, this where you see BC's future in athletics going down the toilet.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Donahue is turning it around, and by the end of his contract he will achieved what he was hired for; give BC alums and fan base unfulfilled promises and delusion!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Seems to me you have a little green eyed monster how Dudley's career is gone down the tubes in Pheonix where they are interested in trading him at the deadline. HARVARD has a better athletic program, better coaching, and over all is a better academic institution. Get out the Angel Cloud, do a few more swipes, and flush, this where you see BC's future in athletics going down the toilet.  
    Did youthink of this inane response all by yourself or did you have family help?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

EMBARRASSMENT AT THE HEIGHTS
    8-18! 

BC is bounced at the end

A late tip-in gives Hokies a victory

Virginia Tech’s Dorian Finney-Smith scores the winning basket despite the efforts of several Boston College players.Virginia Tech’s Dorian Finney-Smith scores the winning basket despite the efforts of several Boston College players. (Matt Gentry/Associated Press/The Roanoke Times)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Did youthink of this inane response all by yourself or did you have family help?
    Posted by bc64jg[/QUOTE]

Seems wonder boy needs some family help >>>> moron!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

BC64, don't even try man.  By responding to UNDQueen, Cheeroh, Donna and the rest of the dog pack, you are just fueling their fire.  They don't have anything of any real substance to add so ignore.

Bottom line, by beating FSU and almost beating VTech and by their current record, they have had a better season then anyone could have hoped for.  Now we need to see an improvement on this next season.  It's a process...that is going better than planned right now...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : Seems  wonder boy needs some family help /> />>> moron!
    So the itty bitty little boy is sensitive.  You're just a love to dish it out but can't  take it guy.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : some lofty BC goals in a depressed ACC league!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Oh, God....don't tell me that Donn is the same person as Cheeroh, whr, uofndking, etc.

This entire board is one guy talking to himself.

Look at that sentence: "some lofty goals in a depressed league!". Barely English.

That's how cheeroh writes. He must have forgotten who he was logged in as and then posted anyway.

So whr/cheerho/unofndking isn't someone with a serious mental disabilty but only someone pretending to be someone with a serious mental disability? I am not sure which is worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

[QUOTE]BC64, don't even try man.  By responding to UNDQueen, Cheeroh, Donna and the rest of the dog pack, you are just fueling their fire.  They don't have anything of any real substance to add so ignore. Bottom line, by beating FSU and almost beating VTech and by their current record, they have had a better season then anyone could have hoped for.  Now we need to see an improvement on this next season.  It's a process...that is going better than planned right now...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]
    momort - you're right but I'm fascinated by their total lack of ability to communcate, express a thought or link coherent phrases.  I have never met people before who insanely hate something with the mindless passion they bring to the threads.  I find thm to be funny yet sad at the same time.  Actually, far more sad than funny.
    It's one thing to poke a little fun - we ribbed HC all the time in my day but when they got to the old Garden in NY for a basketball game, we cheered like crazy for them.  This is different - this is just sick.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does Donahue have to do to keep his job? : some lofty BC goals in a depressed ACC league!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    For a depressed year in the ACC league, they could end up getting 6 teams out of 12 into the Tournament. Not bad for such a terrible league. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]BC64, don't even try man.  By responding to UNDQueen, Cheeroh, Donna and the rest of the dog pack, you are just fueling their fire.  They don't have anything of any real substance to add so ignore. Bottom line, by beating FSU and almost beating VTech and by their current record, they have had a better season then anyone could have hoped for.  Now we need to see an improvement on this next season.  It's a process...that is going better than planned right now...
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]
    Has anyone heard anything about when or if Patrick Heckman might be returning? He had some trick or treat games earlier in the year, but they could use him now. And I think Donahue has to at least give Caudill, Odio, and Rubin some minutes. They didn't play at all against VT.