Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!

LP,

All of BC's traditional rivals are in the BE?  Not Holy Cross.

You continue to long for a time that has gone by.  HC made a decision in the 80s to de-emphasize sports while BC continued with their effort to build a D1 program.  Part of that was creating the BE but the league was split between basketball and football.  Further, ND would not join for football.

Now, imagine for a moment, that ND joined for football.  I suspect that Miami, VT and BC may very well have stayed in the BE.

Finally, it is pretty easy to schedule traditional rivals in basketball.  BC schedules PC every year and probably would schedule others . . . except UConn.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

As they say "in a better place"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

ACC takes a big time hit with the Duke loss! Cup cake ACC in trouble with the RPI for the Dance!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

It's very impressive what the BE is doing in BB. Nine teams currently in the top 25 RPI.  And yet some of their fans remain incredibly insecure and defensive.  Why is that?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

It's time for our boy wizard  coach to concede that his major programmatic change this year  has failed.

Man up, Stevie Wonder.

With 3 straight losses, failure to beat any of the Ivies on the schedule, a now .500 record in a mediocre conference, and the emerging impression that you have lost the confidence of your best player, how about doing the right thing:

Bring back them headbands!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

You're right, he's hitting a bump in the road and has made some mistakes.  It's not unexpected when new to a program.  I'm hoping that you make sure you post when the team is doing well and he has not defamed the institution so badly in your everclear eyes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Wait a mintue LP.  First off, their best player is Corey Raji.  Anyone who knows basketball will tell you this.  He can't score like Reggie but he does everything else better.  Second, how do you know Reggie has lost confidence in his coach?  You have no idea.  There are a 1000 reasons why he's playing badly.  One being that he's the only real scorer the team has and as soon as he touches the ball 2 guys are running at him.  Or it could be this, Reggie just isn't that good.

Second, his major program shift has not failed.  It's not even close to being done.  In reality this team has had a much much better year thus far than any rational person expected.  He hasn't even had a recruiting class come in yet.  So give me a break on your conclusions.  They just show you to be a shallow nitwit.

And guess what, they will be WAY worse next year.  It's what happens when you come into a program and have to start over because the coach ahead of you stopped recruiting.

If you actually went to any games you would see how much more every player on that team is invloved.  Last year the only guys in the huddle who were paying attention were those in the game.  Sanders was the worst.  If he wasnt in, he would be looking in teh stands, lookin at the cheerleaders, doing anything but actually listening to his coach.  This year, they are all invested.  They simply don't have any talent.  That will come in 2-3 years.  Until then you can keep saying a team that has to play a guy who played his first 3 season IN THE PLEX is a failure because you are bored, mad, bitter, who knows but its anything but rational.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

Gracious me, where is our friend Cheeroh now that UCONN has lost 2 in a row?  I almost miss the semi-literate (yes, I know I'm being generous) rantings...but the sun seems to have risen today, anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

He might be snowed in down the basement.  Mom can ask him to come and shovel, but she can't make him work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:
    [QUOTE]He might be snowed in down the basement.  Mom can ask him to come and shovel, but she can't make him work.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

Undoubtedly!! Enough snow must have melted to allow him to get to mom and dad's computer, because he's chimed in on BC's win over VT.  I retract my characterization of his commnents as "semi-literate".  Much, much too generous on my part.  Our young friend from the cornfields also "contributed" - must have been allowed to stay up past his bedtime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:[QUOTE]It's very impressive what the BE is doing in BB. Nine teams currently in the top 25 RPI.  And yet some of their fans remain incredibly insecure and defensive.  Why is that? Posted by SlimPickensII[/QUOTE]

Take a look at the teams in their football conference it's a mish mash of teams left out of the good conferences so they turn their frustration towards Boston College and it's fans to take their frustrations.

I can only imagine the reality of not being able to let something go it's the mentality of a child who has now discovered that their mom has thrown away their security blanket. Moving to the ACC for BC was a progressive move.

I don't fear fido but I always wish Irishman Jimmy Calhoun well. I marvel at Notre Dame football on NBC losing to Tulsa and Stanford. I'm glad ND renewed their contract so i can watch more.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Skinner When You Need Him!:
    [QUOTE]... Sam Doggy go west BC troll to the Big Ten, SEC or Big 12 and witness big boy football ...
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Best part of the BC haters is the more they post, the dumber they show themselves to be.

You keep using that word "troll".

Dude  - That word doesn't mean what you think it means. Even in an "internet troll" context.