Who's heading to Greensboro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Who's heading to Greensboro?

Let's give the travel agents of Boston some hope.

All of y'all who plan to hurry down to Greensboro for your treasured ACC Tournament should promptly pledge your travel commitment to the move by Dear Leader and Flippo right here.

That way, we can put to rest the widely-held notion that fans of The Institute talk a big game, but don't show up on the road when it counts.

Surely, THAT is a worthy goal, is it not?

How about it, Gatzie (and his other identities), provpats, Eagle79 et al loyalists?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Re: Who's heading to Greensboro?

LP,

Do I need to point out once again that no one listens to you as you are a complete oddball and social outcast?

No career. No family (wife or children). Just a sad elderly man yammering away into the internet with the small hope that someone somewhere will take you seriously?

Again, LP....why should we believe your take on Fr. Leahy above that of the Board of Trustees?

People like Peter Lynch...educted, accomplished, married, multiple children, good Catholics, success in business and philanthropy vs. the unhinged ravings of crank like yourself?

BC has a whole Board of Trustees composed of well-balanced, sober, acomplished individuals who have invested their trust in Fr. Leahy.

And on the other hand we have you - a bitter and envious old man alone with his keyboard, furiously typing out slurs, lies and character assasination all because someone he knew got fired from a job or a relative didn't get enough financial aid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

With big bad UND being a cool #####5 in the good old US of A Putter  who cares about Greensboro! MSG is where it's at with Spike Lee and the gang, Knicks getting Mello, and the Big East devastating all the competition it's Murderers' Row ... and, the with the failure of the ACC, and a BC fan base that get's lost past WORCESTER who really cares?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

@Longpotter go back to the beanypot with the puckheads ... your relevancy is inside Route 128 only ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Another productive series of posts from uNDking.  King of what?
    Why criticize the Beanpot?  The 2nd game was great!  Too bad uNDqueens are not involved in anything so competitive as the BC-BU rivalry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaglebeagle1. Show eaglebeagle1's posts

In Response to Re: Who's heading to Greensboro?:
    [QUOTE]With big bad UND being a cool #####5 in the good old US of A Putter  who cares about Greensboro! MSG is where it's at with Spike Lee and the gang, Knicks getting Mello, and the Big East devastating all the competition it's Murderers' Row ... and, the with the failure of the ACC, and a BC fan base that get's lost past WORCESTER who really cares?
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Yes, dear....of course.  Now go study for those big English and Spelling tests that must be coming up soon in jr. high.  You'll really need to improve if you want to get good grades and get into a four year college.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

UofNDKing = The Puberty King.

The Puberty King is so dumb that he doesn't realize that LP is a BC Basher.

Notice a trend here....we got one end of the spectrum (a 15 year old boy) and the other end of the spectrum (a 85 year old man) taking out their frustrations that the world ignores them on an internet message board. Sad that the only way they can feel any sense of meaning in their lives is to bash Boston College.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

whr, what's your point?  BC has already had a better season this year than any rational person with any sports knowledge would expect.  First year coach left with crappy roster having to pull kids from intramurals.  The fact that they are even in the NCAA tourney conversation is amazing.

So keep on talking about nothing brother, you're quite good at it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

Sigh. Again, whr....do you realize how dumb you sound? You really have no idea what a "troll" is, do you?

As your stupidity is giving me headaches let me help you out:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Mormot may be lots of things, but he certainly is not a "troll". Trolls on this board are the Pueberty King, yourself and cheeroh. (Though I think that you three are probably all the same person.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

whr, I still don't see what your point is.  First of all, speak english.  This bizzare slang you are typing is nonsense.  Second, i'm on no bandwagon.  Simply, i am a fan of bc basketball.  Whether they are good or bad, i will be a fan.  Not only that, but I am a logical reasonable person.  For this reason, unlike LP and yourself, I refuse to judge a new coach 1/2 through his first season with not yet having a full recruiting class.  That makes zero sense...none.  In fact, i won't judge the guy for 2 to 3 seasons.  Again, this is the only logical way to view this.  Any other way is just another way to fill some deep seeded anger you for some reason have towards BC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

How revealing!

NOT ONE of the avid supporters of alma mater who post here with such bravado has committed to go to Greensboro for the ACC Tourney.

That says it all, my friends - all bluster and no action!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

LP, the more you post the more you reveal how little you know about sports.

Why are you so obsessed with fans travelling to away games? This is a very small part of the experience of any fanbase, but especially so at Boston College. The "away" fans are always a very small percentage of fans in attendance. This is true now and was true when BC was in the Big East. At no point when we were in the Big East did large amount of fans travel to away games in any sport. The one exception is the Notre Dame game in football, which still continues.

Newsflash - If you ever say large numbers of BC fans at an "away" game it was not because they travelled from Boston! It was because they lived in the area! BC fans who went to Rutgers games? They lived in New Jersey! BC fans at Temple games? They lived in Pennsylvania! Get a clue.

I think the logic is this:
    -LP thinks that college sports fans are obsessed with travelling to away games
    -Moving to the ACC made it more difficult to go to away games
    -If LP continues to point out that being in the ACC makes it harder to travel to away games, BC fans will somewow turn against Fr. Leahy.

LP, newflash! No one cares about travelling to away games! It is a small part of the experience. You harping on it is not going to make people hate Fr. Leahy or be resentful of the move to the ACC!

The vast majority of BC fans are very supportive of the move to the ACC and they are well aware that it reduces the abiliyt to travel to away games if you live in Boston. Guess what? No one cares! And you know what else? There are increasing large amount of BC alums who live in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida!

Most BC fans never travelled (except ND) when we were in the Big East so why would we get upset that it is suddenly harder to travel now?

Get it through your head - Miami and Virginia Tech were leaving the Big East no matter what we did! Better to be in a conference with Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, UVA, Wake, Duke, Georgia Tech, VaTech and Miami than Louisville, South Florida, Cincinatti, Rutgers and UCONN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]How revealing! NOT ONE of the avid supporters of alma mater who post here with such bravado has committed to go to Greensboro for the ACC Tourney. That says it all, my friends - all bluster and no action!
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

How interesting that you should accuse others of "bluster"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

And there we go, another episode of, "everyone is smarter than me so i'll just say some lame drivel and hope they don't notice"....

So LP, are you saying that because I'm not going to the ACC tourney this season that I am not a fan and that BC has no fans?  Once again your logic mystifies me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

Tho you also post as Long Potter, your "secret" alter ego is not safe. Never has been, my boy.

Had you attended away games in the BE, as I regularly did, you'd know that The Institute had many fans show up in SEVERAL venues (both New England teams, Nova, Cuse, the 3 NYC-area teams, G'town, even ND, et al.

Now Eagle fans just don't show up virtually anywhere on the ACC map - with limited exception at MD.

Nor do they go to the ACC Tournament, whereas they flocked to NY for the BE Tournament every March.

But, hey,if y'all continue to be grateful to Dear Leader for stripping our teams of a fan base on the road, then Rock on Down that Dear Leader Trail!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]Gatzie, Tho you also post as Long Potter, your "secret" alter ego is not safe. Never has been, my boy. Had you attended away games in the BE, as I regularly did, you'd know that The Institute had many fans show up in SEVERAL venues (both New England teams, Nova, Cuse, the 3 NYC-area teams, G'town, even ND, et al. Now Eagle fans just don't show up virtually anywhere on the ACC map - with limited exception at MD. Nor do they go to the ACC Tournament, whereas they flocked to NY for the BE Tournament every March. But, hey,if y'all continue to be grateful to Dear Leader for stripping our teams of a fan base on the road, then Rock on Down that Dear Leader Trail!  

Please explain why we should value your opinion of Fr. Leahy vs. that of the Board of Trustees?

You have yet to address this issue.

The Board of Trustees are people of achivement and integrity. Upstanding members of the community and the Church. They have endorsed Fr. Leahy.

You don't appear to have eihter a job or a family and your attitude towards Fr. Leahy reminds us of Jared Loughner's attitude towards Congresswoman Giffords.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Oh snap LongPotter!  Yikes......

This would all be solved if he would explain why he hates BC so much.  I can see hating the AD or Prez.  But why use them as an excuse to crap on teams that are doing nothing but trying to be good?  Why use them to judge a 1st season hoops coach a failure?  What's the point?  Wouldn't it be more fun to be excited for a change that was needed and see where it goes instead of finding every little negative thing possible to complain about?  Just doesn't seem like a good use of time.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's heading to Greensboro? : Please explain why we should value your opinion of Fr. Leahy vs. that of the Board of Trustees? You have yet to address this issue. The Board of Trustees are people of achivement and integrity. Upstanding members of the community and the Church. They have endorsed Fr. Leahy. You don't appear to have eihter a job or a family and your attitude towards Fr. Leahy reminds us of Jared Loughner's attitude towards Congresswoman Giffords.
    Posted by LongPotter[/QUOTE]

Gatzie,

At least you had the decency to not try to deny your multi-poster identities.

How about reading - and responding to - my point on another thread about the unauthorized purchase of land in Ireland by your hero?

Finally, you continue to embarrass yourself with the personal attacks. First, you accused me of being a homosexual, a "bad" Catholic, and a liar. Now, you baselessly label me jobless, alone, and akin to the Tucson shooter.

Get a grip, son, and show some maturity - if you have any.

Peace!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's heading to Greensboro? : Gatzie, At least you had the decency to not try to deny your multi-poster identities. How about reading - and responding to - my point on another thread about the unauthorized purchase of land in Ireland by your hero? Finally, you continue to embarrass yourself with the personal attacks. First, you accused me of being a homosexual, a "bad" Catholic, and a liar. Now, you baselessly label me jobless, alone, and akin to the Tucson shooter. Get a grip, son, and show some maturity - if you have any. Peace!

LP, please explain why your personal attacks every day against Fr. Leay and Gene are perfectly acceptable but when the same is said about you, you start to hyperventilate?

You come to these boards every day becuase the world ignores you and your rants against Fr. Leahy. You come across as a stalker, an obsessive and a shuned lover.

So in what way are you different from Jared Loughner? You obviously have some kind of psychological problem related to Fr. Leahy. Why else would you constantly be on these boards attacking him?

And like Louhgner, you are obviously a loner. You have never been married and have no children.

The Board of Trustees are sober, accomplished, educated, professional people of integreity. You are obsessed, resentful and delusional.

So, please tell us how you are not like Jared Loughner?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's heading to Greensboro? : Gatzie, At least you had the decency to not try to deny your multi-poster identities. How about reading - and responding to - my point on another thread about the unauthorized purchase of land in Ireland by your hero? Finally, you continue to embarrass yourself with the personal attacks. First, you accused me of being a homosexual, a "bad" Catholic, and a liar. Now, you baselessly label me jobless, alone, and akin to the Tucson shooter. Get a grip, son, and show some maturity - if you have any. Peace!

Well at least this post has some new material in it. You're talking about the Irish studies center in Dublin.
    Please enlighten us with the details. We would love to hear your version of the "facts" and then perhaps there would be something we could respond to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Just ask ANY member of the Board of Trustees - or even Dear Leader - how that Ireland purchase went down.

Y'all might be enlightened, chaps.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's heading to Greensboro? : momort continues to amaze ... not a BC graduate, a fan of BC, as in Notre Dame subway fan who lives outside of Chicago ... Who is a BC fan? In actuality, someone who is a (BC) want-a-bee, an abstract creature, whose dreams of belonging are confused in his imagination ...
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Please indicate your highest level of education that you have obtained.

Also - you really need to check www.merriam-webster.com prior to posting.

An "abstract creature"?

Abstract?

Are you sure you understand the meaning of that word?

I guess it is a triumph that you have stopped using the word "troll".

Again, what is the highest level of education you have obtained?

And can you explain why the people who hate BC the most are also the least educated? Why is that, do you think?