Womens hoops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Womens hoops

People seem to concentrate on the failures of the mens teams at Boston College, but the women's basketball program has gone in the crapper, as well. Cathy Inglese had the women in the tournament every season. GDF fires her and  Syvia Crawly has been a disaster. Every coach gets a free pass the first year or two, but it's time they move on from Crawley. BC was a top 25 team for years with Jess Devaney, Bri Stepherson, etc

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Womens hoops

I do agree that this seems to be a declining program despite seemingly good player influx, and the departure of Inglese was never made clear.  I think she elected to leave though it might have been similar to Tito leaving.

As for the sarcasm, well...the women's team with Devany or Stepherson might have actually competed with this year's men's team.  The '11-12 teams though, not so much...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

In Response to Womens hoops:
    [QUOTE]People seem to concentrate on the failures of the mens teams at Boston College, but the women's basketball program has gone in the crapper, as well. Cathy Inglese had the women in the tournament every season. GDF fires her and  Syvia Crawly has been a disaster. Every coach gets a free pass the first year or two, but it's time they move on from Crawley. BC was a top 25 team for years with Jess Devaney, Bri Stepherson, etc
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

I'm glad somebody else noticed this.  Their losses to Hampton and St. Joe's got my attention.  Crawley's recruiting classes have not been up to ACC standards and until this year she has been reaping the benefits of Inglese's recruiting of Swords and Murphy.  Her teams have major trouble handling the ball and avoiding numerous turnovers.  DeFilippo is a terrible judge of talent as his hiring record proves and this should be Crawley's swan song at BC.  There was no apparent good reason to let Inglese go (at least publicly) - I would hire her back in an instant.  This is a sport you would think a school like BC should succeed at. God - what a depressing situation at the Heights these days.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: Womens hoops:
    [QUOTE]You all please catch the debacle coming up on Friday when UNC toys with the altar boys at Chapel Hill before their usual sell out crowd. You all catch how great the ACC did in these BCS Bowl appearances Zero point Zero GPA ... a terrible grid iron conference in Division 1!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    WHR/Scratch Golfer Indian Wells Front 9:
    The title of this thread is Womens Hoops, not whatever garbage you all feel like commenting about. And you all be sure keep your TV tuned for that game on Friday night (it's Saturday afternoon). Also, we non-trolls like to spell "sellout" and "gridiron" as one word, not two.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

Current record:

2011-2012 SCHEDULE
    Date Opponent / Event Location  
    11/11/11 vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Chestnut Hill, Mass. W, 68-57
    11/16/11 at Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. L, 74-58
    11/20/11 at Arizona State Tempe, Ariz. L, 79-54
    11/27/11 vs. Bryant University Chestnut Hill, Mass. W, 68-42
    11/30/11 at Wisconsin Madison, Wis. L, 58-50
    12/04/11 at Dayton Dayton, Ohio L, 69-60
    12/07/11 vs. Massachusetts Chestnut Hill, Mass. W, 80-64
    12/10/11 at Hartford West Hartford, Conn. L, 54-45
    12/13/11 vs. Boston University Chestnut Hill, Mass. L, 70-62
    12/18/11 vs. Holy Cross Chestnut Hill, Mass. W, 67-58
    12/22/11 vs. Hampton University Chestnut Hill, Mass. L, 71-63
    12/29/11 at Saint Joseph's Philadelphia, Pa. L, 74-57
    01/02/12 vs. Central Connecticut Chestnut Hill, Mass. W, 57-49
    01/05/12 vs. Virginia Tech Chestnut Hill, Mass. L, 38-35
    01/08/12 at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. L, 72-58

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

They actually lost a 38-35 game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

really an interesting discussion here please consider O Magazine for your next blog!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Ranger, Why r u on a blog on women's hoop, if u don't want to be?

In last years "Top 100 recruits", BC had 3, Doherty, Zenevitch and Ruffin. 2 seasons later, the team still stinks. I don't get it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]Ranger, Why r u on a blog on women's hoop, if u don't want to be?  In last years "Top 100 recruits", BC had 3, Doherty, Zenevitch and Ruffin. 2 seasons later, the team still stinks. I don't get it!!
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

Still got one of these high woods' for the woman's programs. Are you one of these followers that also posts on the Bay Window?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I don't follow the team other than knowing they had been pretty good for a while.  I also didn't know about the shady dismissal of the last coach, but it's not shocking.  It's almost as if Gene D is losing his mind?  He's bent on having his "loyal to death" BC people rather than coaches who can actually recruit and win. 

Who knows, maybe they don't care any more.  Seriously.  They are about academic standing and loyal BC people working there above all else and if that means terrible teams then so be it.  Other schools have gone down that road.  It's a choice all college athletic programs have to make.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Womens hoops : get over this BC being some academic mecca.  IT'S NOT AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL! NOT EVEN CLOSE.  IT WAS A COMMUTER SCHOOL NOT SO LONG AGO. Enough of the patting yourselves on your back because you went to BC.  It's really not that impressive!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Look - we all know you hate BC and have nothing constructive to say.  We all know you think UConn is wonderful and that all things UConn comprises your universe.  Great - - I'm happy you have something to support.  But its rather transparent that BC or somebody from BC slighted you or some relative of yours that somehow involved the academic aspect of the school that you felt was unfair.  So its you that needs to "get over it".  If you want to start a UConn thread because its of interest to you then be my guest.  In the meantime, stop behaving like some high school twit.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Womens hoops : Look - we all know you hate BC and have nothing constructive to say.  We all know you think UConn is wonderful and that all things UConn comprises your universe.  Great - - I'm happy you have something to support.  But its rather transparent that BC or somebody from BC slighted you or some relative of yours that somehow involved the academic aspect of the school that you felt was unfair.  So its you that needs to "get over it".  If you want to start a UConn thread because its of interest to you then be my guest.  In the meantime, stop behaving like some high school twit.  
    Posted by Fukowi[/QUOTE]

Bright words of wisdom from Mr. BC MBTA stop Joey...  BC is the mecca of the WORLD and our little small minded BC MBTA Stop Joey really believes in in his arrogance. All things considered, BC is the only school  where you can spend $54,000 /year and graduate to sell insurance in Worcester, or quote John Milton and be a good candidate on Jeopardy! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Will we see BC Woman's hoops in the final four, or is this just a Title IX discussion being all things considered their mannish programs are dead on arrival?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fukowi. Show Fukowi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Womens hoops : I am here to provide a reality check for BC grads when they start talking like everyone views BC as an Ivy type school.  Nobody does so maybe YOU should get over it.  I have never been slighted by BC at all but it does bug me to no end when these BC kids start talking like their school is nationally recognized as a mini Ivy.  Personally I would ran BU over BC and most people would also.  Throw Northeastern and Suffolk in there also!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah - you tell 'em Donnn.  Yeah, yeah BC sucks, BU and Suffolk are better.  Way to go Donnn.  Your bad Donnn.  UConn forever. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Can you say inferiority complex?????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Womens hoops : I am here to provide a reality check for BC grads when they start talking like everyone views BC as an Ivy type school.  Nobody does so maybe YOU should get over it.  I have never been slighted by BC at all but it does bug me to no end when these BC kids start talking like their school is nationally recognized as a mini Ivy.  Personally I would ran BU over BC and most people would also.  Throw Northeastern and Suffolk in there also!
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Are we still talking women's hoops here? Just to throw some objectivity into the ongoing "discussion," the 2011 US News Ranking of top U.S. Universities shows BC at #31, tied with Brandeis and two behind Tufts at #29. BU, NU, and Suffolk didn't crack the top 50. All of the Ivies ranked above BC, along with 4 ACC schools (Duke, UNC, Virginia, and Wake), but only 2 BE schools (G'Town and ND).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Womens hoops : Are we still talking women's hoops here? Just to throw some objectivity into the ongoing "discussion," the 2011 US News Ranking of top U.S. Universities shows BC at #31, tied with Brandeis and two behind Tufts at #29. BU, NU, and Suffolk didn't crack the top 50. All of the Ivies ranked above BC, along with 4 ACC schools (Duke, UNC, Virginia, and Wake), but only 2 BE schools (G'Town and ND).
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Are you talking academics here? In the future The Chonicle of Higher Education needs your subscription support and ideas for baseless comments which our educators are aware.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Suffolk? Suffolk?  Rolling admissions. If u have  all C's you're accepted. Not joking

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Suffolk is a joke especially their  MBA it's worthless! Big time $$$$ and you might as well be a PHEONIX!