2010 EMASS High School Soccer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

Medford 3 Marblehead 0
    Everett 2 Somerville 2....very pyshical game with alot of chippy plans going on off the ball

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Yeah, I would have to agree, the GBL has been a major disappointment so far. Medford getting bombed by Danvers, 5-1. Somerville has struggled, including the 1-0 loss against Billerica and losing to Medford in the opener. Everett getting trashed 5-1 vs. Cambrigde. Cambridge has been a pleasant surprise so far, but still not quite sure they are ready to contend for the north. It's looking like Malden won't win a game in the GBL this season. Somerville still probably has the best chance to advance in the tourney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

I would agree, Somerville is a dangerous team if they can get it together, with possibly one of the best players in the state. I'm going to head out tomorrow to see some of the GBL teams play, and see first hand how they compare. So happy to find this forum and have people who share the same enthusiasm for high school soccer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Concord-Carlisle 2 Lincoln-Sudbury 1, that must have been a heck of a game. Sorry to have to miss that one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]Concord-Carlisle 2 Lincoln-Sudbury 1, that must have been a heck of a game. Sorry to have to miss that one!
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

It was indeed.  There were a lot of fans, and it was fast and physical throughout.  L-S struck first about 15 minutes in, CC wasn't able to equalize until 15 minutes from the end. In the last 10 minutes the real drama unfolded.  CC had a goal disallowed, followed by an L-S goal that was ruled offside.  In the last minute of the game O'brien punched one into the back of the net giving CC the victory and sending the home crowd into absolute pandemonium, with the students rushing the field to celebrate.

Denormandie was really impressive, but CC marked him tight.  The CC defense looks really tough to break down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Yes, the game is at 4 and Medford plays Cambridge at 6 at Dilboy right after. It is a fund raiser for the Ucal McKenzie Foundation who was the coach of Cambridge and Newton North and friends with the coachs of Medford and Somerville before he tragically passed away

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

Come on,it takes 2 minutes to say everything interesting about soccer.Go ahead and get it out of your systems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

What was the score?  1-nill,1-1,2-nill or 2-2 ? Great game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

Sorry I Forgot nill-nill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Does anybody know how Stoughton beat CM?  That's crazy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

Somerville 3 Newton north 2
    Cambridge 4 Medford 4... It was a CRAZY game.. Medford was up 3-1 after like 50 minutes into the game.  Cambridge scored 3 unanswered goals. Medford finally equalized with 6 minutes left to play. I can't wait to see the second game between these two teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Does anybody know how Stoughton beat CM?  That's crazy!
    Posted by ohreallly[/QUOTE]

CM is going to struggle this season, Stoughton could be a mid pack Hockomock team.

I probably wouldn't have picked Stoughton on a bet, but at the same time I've seen some much bigger upsets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

Wasn't able to go see the games yesterday at Dilboy Stadium..with those scores it seems as though they must have been entertaining. Did Medford and Cambridge forget to play defense? They will struggle against defending better teams like LS and Lexington. Any other analysis on these games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

i caught the end of the somerville vs newton north game and at that point somerville was just hanging back playing defense and holding there lead.

As for the Cambridge vs Medford game it was an entertaining game but I wouldnt say great soccer was being played, Medford missed a couple of chances in the first 10 minutes but looked lethal from set pieces as 2 of there goals came from them and a numerous amount of other chances too. All of cambridges goals came off breakaways where for some reason the medford defenders must of had a bad day and were playing the line WAY too high and a simple flick sent the forward through. The last Medford goal was lucky, a free kick from half and the kid sent it in and the goalie came to punch it a medford kid jumped infront and obstructed his view and it went into the net untouched. 
    I also am anxious to see the second game to see if either team can play some defense. Medford's schedule doesnt get easier as they play two of their rivals, Everett on Wednesday and Somerville on Friday both at Medford High.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridge617. Show cambridge617's posts

medford was extremely lucky against cambridge, i saw the game and cambridge two own goals, medford's first and third goal were own goals that were just unlucky for cambridge and there was nothing that could be done about it, the second game between these two teams will be very important plus tempers flared at the end of the game where players had to be separated after a medford player tackled the cambridge goalie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Madison Park defeated Somerville 1-0 last Tuesday. Sounds like MP dominated the game, until maybe the last 10 minutes when Somerville turned up the pressure.

Look for Somerville to make a big rebound in October.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

Medford 2 - Everett 0..a surprisingly entertaining game with a lot of back and forth action. Medford was the better team but Everett had some adequate chances and I think Medford was fairly lucky to escape with a shut-out. Seems like the re-occurring theme of the GBL is a good offense with very little defense. Good, intense game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

Alex
    how/where did you get the info on Somerville/Madison Park?

The Burke plays at Medford High this Saturday at 10AM at Medford High

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Alex

In Response to Alex:
    [QUOTE]Alex how/where did you get the info on Somerville/Madison Park? The Burke plays at Medford High this Saturday at 10AM at Medford High
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

I did a google search on the game and the person might have been an independent sports blogger that writes on high sports in Somerville.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

How did Malden beat BC High 2-0. Did anyone happen to see that game because that's a really surprising result.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]How did Malden beat BC High 2-0. Did anyone happen to see that game because that's a really surprising result.
    Posted by HSsoccermaster[/QUOTE]

Probably the same way they were able to beat East Boston. BTW: East Boston tied Cambridge 0-0. Maybe Malden is decent and they just weren't ready and out of shape at the start of the season. I know Malden does have a very good player, maybe the nonleague opponents aren't aware.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfollower56. Show soccerfollower56's posts

No, I saw Malden face Everett. They are rather weak this year. They do have an exceptional player in Rincon but unless he scores then they play defense for the rest of the time, I don't think they will do much this season. I don't have an explanation for their wins over BC High and East Boston, maybe luck?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

It turns out the score was a mistake and they corrected it. It was supposed to read Malden Catholic 2 BC High 0.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Medford 2 Burke 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Medford 2 Somerville 2....good game AWFUL officiating which ruined it with a stupid red card for somerville and countless fouls called on each team.