2010 EMASS High School Soccer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from balla617. Show balla617's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

When do playoffs start? And who are the top teams in D-1 North?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]When do playoffs start? And who are the top teams in D-1 North?
    Posted by balla617[/QUOTE]

Prelims/1st round should start as early as this Friday or Saturday. Selection committee meets on Thursday and seedings will be out by mid afternoon.

Top Teams in D-1N , no particular order. Lexington, Lincoln-Sudbury, Madison Park, Masconomet, Acton-Boxboro, Brookline and St. John's Prep

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

St. John's Prep defeated A-B 2-0 this afternoon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tictac1211. Show tictac1211's posts

Who's going to challenge CC in D2 N?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

[QUOTE]Who's going to challenge CC in D2 N?
    Posted by tictac1211[/QUOTE]

winchester - won the middlesex league yesterday and are 16-0-2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting, predictions were different between jason and ohreally. Right now, I'm going with experience in the tourney and picking Lexington. However, if L-S is going to win the North, this will have to be the year. Concord-Carlise has lost a couple of players, but think they will be fine. They take out Winchester.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

not sure about either of those. I think L-S has a much stronger team than Lexington this year. Lexington may have gone undefeated, but had no real competition besides Winchester. They certainly are not the same team as the 2009 or 2008 team; i'd argue that they're just as athletic as those teams, but not close to anywhere as skilled.

i wouldn't count out winchester just yet either - although I do think in a matchup with CC, CC would win, i think it would be one of the better games of the year. goalkeeping and defense is what will guide CC throughout the tournament, and winchester's vulnerability lies in its goalkeeping

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

D-1 South pre-seedings  (updated 8:42 pm)

1.  New Bedford 14-1-3 .861   
    2.  GNBV 14-2-2  .833
    3.  Brockton 12-2-2  .813
    4.  Nauset  14-3-1  .804
    5.  Walpole  12-3-2  .765
    6.  Weymouth  11-2-7  .725  
    7.  Silver Lake  11-3-5  .711
    8.  King Phillip  10-3-4  .706
    9.  BC High 9-2-7  .694   
    10.  Wellesley  12-6-0  .666  
    11.  Barnstable 9-4-3  .656
    12.  Attleboro  8-3-7  .639 
    13.  Natick  9-5-3  .618
    14.  Marshfield  10-6-2  .611 
    15.  Franklin  7-4-6  .588
    16.  North Attleboro  8-5-5  .583
    17.  Durfee  9-7-2  .556
    18.  Needham  9-7-3  .553
    19.  Dighton-Rehoboth 8-8-2  .500 
    19.  Mansfield  7-7-4  .500
    19.  Braintree  7-7-5   .500 
    22.  Oliver Ames  5-6-6  .471

Noteworthy:  Sorry I forgot NA in my orginal post, no disrespect.  Correct any errors you see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m8932. Show m8932's posts

what is D2 North looking like for seedings?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

[QUOTE]Who's going to challenge CC in D2 N?
    Posted by tictac1211[/QUOTE]

With the two season ending injuries, Winchester now probably gets favored against CC--if neither team gets tripped up along the way.  Winner becomes the favorite to win States

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjd339. Show mjd339's posts

Oliver Ames is in because they finished second in the davenport hock..final record 5-6-6

[QUOTE]D-1 South pre-seedings  not including 11/1 games wh/ are listed after winning % 1.  New Bedford 14-1-2 .882    11/1 vs. Attleboro 2.  GNBV 14-2-2  .833 3.  Brockton 12-2-2  .813 4.  Nauset  14-3-1  .804 5.  Walpole  12-3-2  .765 6.  Weymouth  11-1-7  .763   11/1 vs. BC High 7.  Silver Lake  11-3-5  .711 8.  King Phillip  10-3-4  .706 9.  BC High  8-2-7  .676    11/1 vs. Weymouth 10.  Wellesley  11-6-0  .647  11/1 vs Medford 10.  Attleboro  8-3-6  .647     11/1 vs. New Bedford 12.  Barnstable 8-4-3  .633  11/1 vs. DY 13.  Natick  9-5-3  .618 14.  Marshfield  10-6-2  .611  15.  Franklin  7-4-6  .588 16.  Durfee  9-7-1  .559  11/1 vs. Taunton 17.  Dighton-Rehoboth  8-7-2  11/1 vs. Bishop Feehan 18.  Needham  8-7-3  .528  11/1 vs. B-R 19.  Falmouth  8-8-1  .500  11/1 vs. Westport 20.  Whitman-Hanson  6-6-3  .500 11/1 vs. Sandwich 21.  Braintree  6-7-5  .472  11/1 vs CM 22.  Mansfield  6-7-4  .471  Stoughton score 11/30? Noteworthy:  W-H vs. Sandwich team, Falmouth vs. Wesport,  Needham should be B-R, Braintree has to beat CM, Mansfield needed to have beaten Stoughton to be in.  Correct any errors you see.
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

[QUOTE]Oliver Ames is in because they finished second in the davenport hock..final record 5-6-6 In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer :
    Posted by mjd339[/QUOTE]

thanks,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GatesGotSteez. Show GatesGotSteez's posts

d1 north seedings?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Braintree defeated CM 1-0, they are in.
    Everett defeated Hingham 3-2, they are also in.

Wouldn't take too much note of the other nonleague games, although their were good wins for some teams, I'm sure a lot of teams are resting their players and protecting them from injury for the tournament.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccer4. Show soccer4's posts

BCH 2-1 weymouth. both teams played their best players for the entire game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

With the Everett win, this now means everyone in the GBL is still mathematically alive.(I think). Malden needs to beat both Everett, if they win they have a makeup game with Dracut(I think). Right now, Malden is 7-9-0(I think)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southshoreexpert. Show southshoreexpert's posts

Jason, barring some technicality, I believe Dighton-Rehoboth and Falmouth are out. Both lost games yesterday.

Does anyone really understand the GNBV situation? One of games against NB doesn't count? And are they playing Shawsheen or not, and if so, does game count?

Despite BCH loss, Weymouth OK drawing Barnstable and then going to Brockton which I believe is better than going on road to NB.

Monster 1st round games: walpole vs. attleboro; KP vs BCH.

Attleboro wins it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nelliebelle. Show nelliebelle's posts

[QUOTE]BCH 2-1 weymouth. both teams played their best players for the entire game
    Posted by soccer4[/QUOTE]

Not true.  It was senior night at BCH and seniors played a good portion of the first half.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

I think Dighton Rehoboth is still in they're .500 even with the loss to Feehan.  As for Falmouth, if they lost, they're out.

GNBV can exclude both of the NB games, they probably choose to exclude one and count one.

Barnstable and Brockton could pose problems for Weymouth, as could NB.  Barnstable has been a formative opponent, especially recently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

[QUOTE]With the Everett win, this now means everyone in the GBL is still mathematically alive.(I think). Malden needs to beat both Everett, if they win they have a makeup game with Dracut(I think). Right now, Malden is 7-9-0(I think)
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Alex, I think Malden has already made up their game with Dracut and I believe lost. Not sure of the score. But from what I've heard it's already been made up and Malden is out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccer5589. Show soccer5589's posts

div 1 south pairings

play in games
    16/17 North Attleboro v Durfee then #1 New Bedford
    13/20 Natick v DR/Mansfield then #4 Nauset
    12/21 Attleboro v DR/Mansfield them #5 Walpole
    15/18 Franklin v Needham then #2 GNBV
    14/19 Marshfield V Braintree then #3 Brockton
    11/22 barnstable v OA then #6 weymouth

1st round games
    8 kp v 9 bch
    7 silver lake v 10 wellesley

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dflchamp. Show dflchamp's posts

I have a couple of differences:

North Attleborough in at 8-5-5 #16 seed.
    Durfee shows a record of 9-7-2 on the MIAA website placing them at #17.
    #18 down all drop 1 spot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : Alex, I think Malden has already made up their game with Dracut and I believe lost. Not sure of the score. But from what I've heard it's already been made up and Malden is out.
    Posted by aksjh[/QUOTE]

The MIAA just updated their website today, it has Malden beating Dracut both times. It would appear if they beat Everett at home, they are in.

Good news is they play the 4th place team at home. Bad news is they are 0-7-0 within the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]I think Dighton Rehoboth is still in they're .500 even with the loss to Feehan.  As for Falmouth, if they lost, they're out. GNBV can exclude both of the NB games, they probably choose to exclude one and count one. Barnstable and Brockton could pose problems for Weymouth, as could NB.  Barnstable has been a formative opponent, especially recently.
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]

GAME EXCLUSION FORM INFORMATION:

To enable the following schools to fill their schedules, the MIAA allows other member schools to schedule contests with Barnstable, Bishop Feehan, Bishop Stang, Boston College High School, Bridgewater-Raynham, Brockton, Cambridge Rindge & Latin, Catholic Memorial, Coyle and Cassidy, Durfee, Everett, Fontbonne, Malden Catholic, Malden HS, Martha’s Vineyard, Medford, Nantucket, Nauset, New Bedford, Notre Dame (Hingham), Provincetown,  St. John's Prep (D), Somerset, Somerville, Ursuline, and Xaverian with the option of choosing not to include these contests toward tournament qualification and seeding under the following parameters.

A. Member schools may exceed the maximum number of seasonal competitions by two and exceed the weekly limit by one, when scheduling contests with the schools listed.

1. The exclusion form MUST BE submitted for games against any of the listed school to NOT COUNT toward tournament qualification
    2. If games versus exclusion school are to be counted towards the seeding record, it is not necessary to submit the exclusion form.
    3. If an exclusion form is submitted, the decision is final and the game will not count. This decision may not be changed.

B. These contests will count for the schools listed, and therefore must be included on the "Season Schedule and Commitment Form" submitted to the Tournament Director. Schools must indicate on the Schedule and Commitment Form if games WILL NOT count toward Tournament qualification.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

[QUOTE]I have a couple of differences: North Attleborough in at 8-5-5 #16 seed. Durfee shows a record of 9-7-2 on the MIAA website placing them at #17. #18 down all drop 1 spot.
    Posted by dflchamp[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the corrections,  I believe the teams that have an identical winning percentage end up flipping a coin to see which place they're seeded.  If there is a three-way tie I believe they still flip for it.  I've never been to a seeding mtg. but I heard that is what they do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Rumor has it that Danver's has accumulated too many yellow cards for the season and will need to appeal to the MIAA tomorrow morning.