20 Westford 8 7 3 0.528
    21 Andover 8 7 3 0.528
    22 Everett 7 7 3 0.500
    23 Framingham 6 6 6 0.500
    24 Malden 9 9 0 0.500
    25 Haverhill 7 7 4 0.500

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer

Also rumored is scrapa camping out at MIAA Headquarters tonight with a blanket and chair ready to be the first person in to view the official MIAA tourney seedings. We'll get live twitter reports on appeals and coin flips as they happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Not a bad idea Alex.  I wish I had the time to do just that.  Looks like a lot of coin flipping to be done in D1 North.   Love the tourney.  Meaningful games every day. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer:
    [QUOTE]Not a bad idea Alex.  I wish I had the time to do just that.  Looks like a lot of coin flipping to be done in D1 North.   Love the tourney.  Meaningful games every day. 
    Posted by scrapa-[/QUOTE]

Scrapa, too busy to offer your predictions on the tournament.  Once I know the seedings, and if I'm not too busy, I'll create a bracket on bracket maker.  People can make their predictions.  I'll do up D1 South any other volunteers to cover other divisions or regions.  I also have some older MIAA Tournament brackets from years past.  I think I have 2002 - 2009.  Anyone have any recommendations where to post these with the least amount of effort?  Anyone have other, older brackets?  Anyone care?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

I've never made a bracket through bracketmaker, but I imagine you could post old tournaments there.  I would be interested in taking a look at some of the old results.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Something interesting to note. If Framingham gets the right flip of the coin, wins two games in the tourney and MP wins their first game, that means Framingham travels to MP.

In the words of Avery he vowed never to play MP at their place again. We'll see how that goes down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Division 1 North

1. Madison Park vs winner of 16. Hyde Park/17. Somerville
    8. Brighton/25. Billerica vs 9. Medford/24. Everett
    4. Chelsea vs 13. Brookline/20. Westford
    5. Lincoln-Sudbury vs 12. East Boston/21. Andover
    2. Lexington vs 15. Revere/18. Lowell
    7. Peabody/26. Haverhill vs 10. Cambridge/23. Framingham
    3. Masconomet vs 14. Lynn English/19. Newton North
    6. St Johns Prep vs 11. Acton-Boxboro/20. Malden

Thats what the bracket looks like for prelims and first round match up. Let the predictions begin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]Division 1 North 1. Madison Park vs winner of 16. Hyde Park/17. Somerville 8. Brighton/25. Billerica vs 9. Medford/24. Everett 4. Chelsea vs 13. Brookline/20. Westford 5. Lincoln-Sudbury vs 12. East Boston/21. Andover 2. Lexington vs 15. Revere/18. Lowell 7. Peabody/26. Haverhill vs 10. Cambridge/23. Framingham 3. Masconomet vs 14. Lynn English/19. Newton North 6. St Johns Prep vs 11. Acton-Boxboro/20. Malden Thats what the bracket looks like for prelims and first round match up. Let the predictions begin
    Posted by hssoccer10[/QUOTE]

Are the brackets posted yet?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Madison Park

looks like an easy road to the final for Madison Park...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

all the brackets are up:

D1 North: http://miaa.statebrackets.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=1926
    1. MP
    2, LEx
    3. Masco

D2 North: http://miaa.statebrackets.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=1925
    1. Winchester
    2. CC
    3. Northeast Metro

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

MP wins 1 game.  I see Medford beating everett then MP in the 2d round.  Medford would then face winner of Framingham/Lexington in the North semi's.  I see L-S and the Prep in the other semi.  Just my gut feeling, would like to see L-S take it.  They are a very strong program often overlooked, flying under the radar.

Alex!!!  26 teams in the North-22 teams in the South--14 in the Central--10 in the West!!  They've done it again.  Amherst and Ludlow play their first games in the sectional quarterfinals. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

[QUOTE]MP wins 1 game.  I see Medford beating everett then MP in the 2d round.  Medford would then face winner of Framingham/Lexington in the North semi's.  I see L-S and the Prep in the other semi.  Just my gut feeling, would like to see L-S take it.  They are a very strong program often overlooked, flying under the radar. Alex!!!  26 teams in the North-22 teams in the South--14 in the Central--10 in the West!!  They've done it again.  Amherst and Ludlow play their first games in the sectional quarterfinals. 

with your predictions it would be Medford vs L-S and Lexington or Framingham vs St Johns Prep

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

AB vs St. Johns in the first round is brutal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 EMASS High School Soccer : with your predictions it would be Medford vs L-S and Lexington or Framingham vs St Johns Prep
    Posted by hssoccer10[/QUOTE]

You're right, my bad.  I was reading the bracket top to bottom instead of left to right.  Still sticking with the picks though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

cambridge against framingham
    medford against everett
    Any ideas?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]MP wins 1 game.  I see Medford beating everett then MP in the 2d round.  Medford would then face winner of Framingham/Lexington in the North semi's.  I see L-S and the Prep in the other semi.  Just my gut feeling, would like to see L-S take it.  They are a very strong program often overlooked, flying under the radar. Alex!!!  26 teams in the North-22 teams in the South--14 in the Central--10 in the West!!  They've done it again.  Amherst and Ludlow play their first games in the sectional quarterfinals. 

Looks like we have a bet brewing here. I say Medford beats Everett, it could very well be a battle, but Medford should take it. However, I see MP taking out Medford.  Here's why. Medford has been absolutely abysmal on the road in nonleague matchups. losing to Danvers 5-1, losing to BC High 3-0, tying Billerica 0-0 and E.Boston 0-0. Of course game is at MP, assuming they beat Somerville.

As much of a problem there is with the distibution of teams, I still think not seeding teams according to ability instead of record is a bigger problem. Greater New Bedford as a #2 seed in D-1 South? Chelsea a #4 in D-1N?

Acton-Boxboro probably hasn one of the hardest roads, after Malden, they go play St. John's Prep, then have to play Masconomet, Lexington and then finally Lincoln-Sudbury to win the north, assuming all teams win that are suppose to. Talk about murderer's row.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Not to disappoint Cambridge fans, but think they may be going down to Framingham in the prelims.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

Predictions in North I:  LS beats Madison Park and Lexington beats Masco......
                                    Lexington barely wins the war over LS 

Predictions in North II:  CC (barely) over North Andover and Winchester beats Wilmington
                                    Winchester nips CC 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HSsoccermaster. Show HSsoccermaster's posts

[QUOTE]Not to disappoint Cambridge fans, but thin they may be going down to Framingham in the prelims.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Really?? i am not familiar with framingham so i cannot make any predictions. Cambridge on the other hand is a good team with many flaws. it will be a good game. anyone knows the location of this game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

I created a prediction bracket for boys D1 South, this is the link to it. 

www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=378807">http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=378807

Copy and paste this into your address bar.  Let me know if there are any issues and I'll do my best to remedy them.  You have to register to be able to predict.  Not a techi by any stretch, but let me know of any problems and I'll try to fix them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

I created a bracket for D1 North.  Have fun, hopefully everything is working as planned.  Use this link to predict.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?edit=1&tid=378823&tclass=

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I never really gave it much thought, but Brighton has a chance to win a couple of games in the tournament, they aren't that bad. They did trounce East Boston.

Wonder if Boston International can make some noise in D-3?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

as usual, Alex, you are clairvoyant!  Bos Intl is ok and will make noise -- they will beat Whittier (the tech schools other than Madison tend to be awful in the tournament...) but then waits Ham Wen -- always a tough out -- I think they beat Bos Intl in the tournament a couple of years back -- also Brighton will beat Billerica and then lose to Medford... but Brighton is much improved with their Romanian coach...  I saw L-S and they are nothing special, just a kick and run team, but C-C is excellent, criminal they are not in D 1, they need to move up and play with the big boys... F-Ham is waiting in the weeds and N-N isn't bad either -- should be a tremendous D 1 North flight -- Masco is very good, Lex is Lex, St. John's Prep is always very good -- my upset special is Andover over East Boston 2-1... Andover beat a decent Hyde Park team last year and proved they are not afraid of coming into the city and playing... also East Boston does not play the tough physical style of Hyde Park, rather a finesse passing style -- also Carlos Ruiz and Kelvin Martinez (their two best players are hurt...)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goalazzo. Show Goalazzo's posts

Re: Alex

In Response to Alex:
    [QUOTE]as usual, Alex, you are clairvoyant!  Bos Intl is ok and will make noise -- they will beat Whittier (the tech schools other than Madison tend to be awful in the tournament...) but then waits Ham Wen -- always a tough out -- I think they beat Bos Intl in the tournament a couple of years back -- also Brighton will beat Billerica and then lose to Medford... but Brighton is much improved with their Romanian coach...  I saw L-S and they are nothing special, just a kick and run team, but C-C is excellent, criminal they are not in D 1, they need to move up and play with the big boys... F-Ham is waiting in the weeds and N-N isn't bad either -- should be a tremendous D 1 North flight -- Masco is very good, Lex is Lex, St. John's Prep is always very good -- my upset special is Andover over East Boston 2-1... Andover beat a decent Hyde Park team last year and proved they are not afraid of coming into the city and playing... also East Boston does not play the tough physical style of Hyde Park, rather a finesse passing style -- also Carlos Ruiz and Kelvin Martinez (their two best players are hurt...)
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

I doubt LS is a darkhorse, but to suggest they are "nothing special, just a kick and run team" doesn't give them credit. Their striker is, for the third year in a row, leading what is arguably the most competitive league in the state, in scoring despite being a mystery to none of the other teams. The defense has given up less than a goal a game over the season.

While there may be "prettier" teams out there, LS gets the job done as a team (ask the nolonger undefeated CC, or the haven't beaten them in two years AB), and I would suggest, they're probably one team no one wants to play.