EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) AND TOURNEY SOCCER CONVO.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

Re: Madison Park/East Boston

In Response to Madison Park/East Boston:
    [QUOTE]today at 330 at East Boston Stadium out near the airport -- this is for the # 1 seed in Div 1 North as after today neither one will lose again until they hit the city final -- there is controversey brewing because the match is going to be played on the old astro turf at the stadium and not the brand new field turf right next door -- what do people think about that?  game is on despite the rain -- rain will be light by 2 PM today... thoughts?  discussion?  you are talking about 2 of the at worst 7 best teams in the state playing today... huge match
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but there is no way East Boston is one of the best 7 teams in the state.  Every year they get a top seed and every year they lose their first or second game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: Madison Park/East Boston:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Madison Park/East Boston : I'm sorry but there is no way East Boston is one of the best 7 teams in the state.  Every year they get a top seed and every year they lose their first or second game.
    Posted by miked070707[/QUOTE]

Latest rankings are on either page 5 or 6. East Boston was supposed to have a very good team, but haven't shown much other than the tie with MP this afternoon. They have actually dropped out of my Top 25 since.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Madison Park/East Boston:
    [QUOTE]today at 330 at East Boston Stadium out near the airport -- this is for the # 1 seed in Div 1 North as after today neither one will lose again until they hit the city final -- there is controversey brewing because the match is going to be played on the old astro turf at the stadium and not the brand new field turf right next door -- what do people think about that?  game is on despite the rain -- rain will be light by 2 PM today... thoughts?  discussion?  you are talking about 2 of the at worst 7 best teams in the state playing today... huge match
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

soccerfan12,

They haven't exactly had the results to show for it this season, however in you opinion is East Boston as good as advertised? It may not be on top of their priority list, but can they compete in D-1 N with the Lexington and L-S?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

I dont think EB is good at all -- I put them in top 7 just b/c they are an undefeated team in D 1 N which is by far the toughest div of all in the state -- also i was trying to sell the match up on here to get people to come to the game to decide for themselves... which didn't work... ;-)  MP is good and talent wise as good as any public school team in new england probably, it's just a matter of putting it all together... eb is no slouch though -- they are not bad -- talent wise they are pretty good...  no LS Lex and the like are just machines -- you are talking about long term coaches who have systems that they use year after year and the kids go to the games starting at about 10 yrs old when their older brothers and cousins play -- suburban kids are typically more accustomed to and disciplined about playing in the context of a team passing style with less of an emphasis on individual dribbling and skill -- not as much fun to watch sometimes but unquestionably more effective in the state tournament...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25)

It's time again, knew you couldn't wait. And you know someone is going to complain about Attleboro's Top 10 ranking even though those rankings were posted in early Sept. Maybe I should just replace the first week's rankings with the current rankings so it's on the first page?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

1. Concord-Carlisle 10-0-1
    2. Winchester 11-0-2
    3. Lexington 9-0-4
    4. Lincoln-Sudbury 8-2-1
    5. Sandwich 9-0-2
    6. Weymouth 7-1-5
    7. Canton 10-0-2
    8. Walpole 10-1-2
    9. Madison Park 10-0-2
    10. New Bedford 10-1-2
    11. Brockton 8-2-2
    12. Masconomet 10-1-1
    13. St. John's Prep 8-2-2
    14. Brookline 7-2-4
    15. Nauset 10-1-1
    16. Acton-Boxboro 8-1-3
    17. Hingham 8-0-3
    18. Weston 7-2-2
    19. Hamilton-Wenham 8-1-3
    20. Bp. Feehan 9-1-1
    21. King Phillip 7-1-3
    22. Rockport 10-1-0
    23. Medford 9-1-5
    24. BC High 4-1-6
    25. N. Andover 8-2-2

Others: E. Boston 7-1-3, Medfield 9-2-1, Lynnfield 6-2-3, Wilmington 6-2-1, Wayland 7-4-1, Attleboro 5-3-2, Franklin 5-1-5, Cardinal Spellman 11-0-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Concord-Carlisle and Winchester headed on a collison course for the D-2N Finals, currently now ranked #1 and #2. Might be the first time I've ever ranked two D-2 teams at 1-2. Lincoln-Sudbury is playing it's best soccer of the year right now. Sandwich with a major meltdown against Marshfield, fortunately they held on for the tie, despite that it was still a meltdown. Walpole is probably the surprise of the Bay State. Very good week for MP. Masco loses against Lynnfield. Brookline will need to get it back from the start of the season if they hope to contend in the north. A-B has been amazingly good in arguably the best conf in EMass, as of now they appear to be falling under the radar. Nice of Rockport to finally post some scores, took about a month and a half. After beating ABP Williams and Nantucket by just one goal, I'm convinced more than ever Card. Spellman doesn't belong anywhere near the Top 25, but will keep them around in the others category just for fun. Watch King Phillip in the tourney, they should be dangerous once again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

Alex - Do you have any preliminary tourney favorites?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25):
    [QUOTE]Alex - Do you have any preliminary tourney favorites?
    Posted by jod20102[/QUOTE]

Right now:

Lexington over Lincoln-Sudbury in D-1N.
    Concord-Carl over Winchester in D-2N.
    Weston over Cape Ann team(Rockport vs. Hamilton Wenham winner)
    Brockton over Weymouth D1S
    Canton over Sandwich in D2S.
    Dover Sherborn over Hanover in D3S

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

L-S probably has the talent to beat Lexington, but still don't see it happening. Concord-Carlisle should win D-2N. Weston will have easy road until D-3N finals one of the CAL teams could knock them off.

Brockton has done it in the past in the tourney, like D-1N Weymouth has the talent to beat Brockton, but after the Steve Schoff era, Weymouth hasn't fared great in the tournament. Canton and Sandwich should be a good matchup, right now give the edge to Canton. Dover Sherborn, another team under the radar could very well win D-3S, but will fall in EMass final.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublea399. Show doublea399's posts

Concord Carlisle vs. Weston tomorrow. predictions?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Concord Carlisle vs. Weston tomorrow. predictions?
    Posted by doublea399[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with CC 4-1, but won't be entirely shocked if Weston pulls off the mild upset.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : Right now: Lexington over Lincoln-Sudbury in D-1N. Concord-Carl over Winchester in D-2N. Weston over Cape Ann team(Rockport vs. Hamilton Wenham winner) Brockton over Weymouth D1S Canton over Sandwich in D2S. Dover Sherborn over Hanover in D3S
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I don't know much about the South Shore leagues, but I've seen D-S play a couple of times (I live in Hopkinton) and wouldn't be surprised to see them go far in D3S. They have one excellent attacking player and a solid supporting cast which seems to be getting better as the season goes on.

I was very impressed with Sandwich last year; they should be poised to make another deep run through D2S. Also watch out for Medfield and (of course) Hopkinton - both teams are very deep and will be tough outs for anybody come tournament time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : Very interesting. I don't know much about the South Shore leagues, but I've seen D-S play a couple of times (I live in Hopkinton) and wouldn't be surprised to see them go far in D3S. They have one excellent attacking player and a solid supporting cast which seems to be getting better as the season goes on. I was very impressed with Sandwich last year; they should be poised to make another deep run through D2S. Also watch out for Medfield and (of course) Hopkinton - both teams are very deep and will be tough outs for anybody come tournament time.

Right now, it's Dover-Sherborn's tournament to lose, Hanover has been struggling in the Patriot League recently and the league hasn't been anything great other than maybe Hingham. After hearing about Card Spellman's last two performances, despite winning, I would think DS is the favorite. Westport might be in the mix.

Medfield is good, but it might be a bit much to overtake Canton and Sandwich. It's hard to judge the TriValley because they can only play within their division. I know Boston.com likes Hopkinton, maybe their right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Weston is probably the favorite in D-3 right now. Concord-Carlise in D-2 and Lexington in D-1. I think Weston and Concord will win the state, with Lexington losing in the state finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slowbutquick. Show slowbutquick's posts

Duxbury (heard they outplayed canton in 3-1 loss) and (boy I hate to say it)Hingham along with Medfield (Love to see them play Framingham during regular season) & Hopk (good coach there) are underweighted.  Hingham has already tied sandwich this year. Hock league has the advantage of having 1/2 teams in div 1 and 1/2 in Div 2.  I always like Brockton but they become undisiplined in the tournment.  Walpole I think does not have the experience but may run far with Emotion, Weymouth may be my dark horse (they play better as underdog).  Is MP div1 s or north.  I think MP will give all trouble if they are in Div 1 South.  Unless proven wrong I think NB is a disappointment.  Feehan needs to play better competition like Canton or Hingham to battle test themselves for the tournment.  I agree with CC but am not convinced of Lexington....My dream is Randolph in Div 3 (I think they are div 3)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Duxbury (heard they outplayed canton in 3-1 loss) and (boy I hate to say it)Hingham along with Medfield (Love to see them play Framingham during regular season) & Hopk (good coach there) are underweighted.  Hingham has already tied sandwich this year. Hock league has the advantage of having 1/2 teams in div 1 and 1/2 in Div 2.  I always like Brockton but they become undisiplined in the tournment.  Walpole I think does not have the experience but may run far with Emotion, Weymouth may be my dark horse (they play better as underdog).  Is MP div1 s or north.  I think MP will give all trouble if they are in Div 1 South.  Unless proven wrong I think NB is a disappointment.  Feehan needs to play better competition like Canton or Hingham to battle test themselves for the tournment.  I agree with CC but am not convinced of Lexington....My dream is Randolph in Div 3 (I think they are div 3)
    Posted by slowbutquick[/QUOTE]

I'm not as confident this year in Lexington as I have been in the past, mostly with a couple of shady results. I guess it's a disappointment to some if they finish with 4 ties, despite going undefeated. However, have to go with Lexington with the thinking of the coach knows how to ready his team for the tourney.

MP is actually in the north, it's been a very long time since they've been in the south.

Randolph is a great story, they've been down seems like forever until finally reared their head into the tourney. No they don't play the best competition, but for a school that probably hasn't made the tournament in probably well over a dozen years, it really is a good story.

Anyone want to bet New Bedford beats Brockton for the second time in the regular season and loses to them in the playoffs?lol. It actually happened in both 2008 and 2009.

Bp Feehan did lose to King Phillip, 3-1 earlier in the year. However did beat Durfee 5-1. Durfee isn't great, but they always have a decent enough team where they have large numbers at their school to put a good team together, despite being third tier to NB and Brockton. Feehan did beat Sharon 6-0, where Canton only defeated them 1-0, sometimes as you mentioned when you don't have much in the way of tough competition to go by, you have to look at those types of results. But yeah, it would be nice to see Feehan play some better competition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

CC has a lot of injuries and suspensions, if CC is going to stumble now is the time.

I still think they pull it out at home.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12343. Show jason12343's posts

For D2 South my picks are

1. Sandwich
    2. Canton
    3. Bishop Feehan
    4. Hingham
    5. Hopkinton

Maybe not rocket science but these teams appear to have been the dominant teams in the south D@.  Let me know you're input or who else is note worthy.  Sandwich could take the south and Canton with their set plays and tough defense can be a PITA.  Hopkinton has had better results as of late and Feehan has had some high scoring games, but defense wins tournament games.  Good luck to all 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]For D2 South my picks are 1. Sandwich 2. Canton 3. Bishop Feehan 4. Hingham 5. Hopkinton Maybe not rocket science but these teams appear to have been the dominant teams in the south D@.  Let me know you're input or who else is note worthy.  Sandwich could take the south and Canton with their set plays and tough defense can be a PITA.  Hopkinton has had better results as of late and Feehan has had some high scoring games, but defense wins tournament games.  Good luck to all 
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Medfield; they can play with anybody in D2S. (And they beat Hopkinton twice)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

Any word on the Weston-CC game?

Also, Hopkinton beat Wayland 4-0 today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Any word on the Weston-CC game? Also, Hopkinton beat Wayland 4-0 today.

Concord-Carlisle defeated Weston 4-0

Not sure if Hopkinton actually played Weston, maybe it was Westwood. The Tri-Valley doesn't normally play out of conference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

Just heard Silver Lake gave Hingham their first loss of the season. Can anyone confirm?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Boys Soccer Rankings by Week(TOP 25) : Concord-Carlisle defeated Weston 4-0 Not sure if Hopkinton actually played Weston, maybe it was Westwood. The Tri-Valley doesn't normally play out of conference.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Impressive win by CC. They must be the odds-on favorite to repeat in D2.

The Tri-Valley league has actually fared quite well out of conference this year. Medfield played Canton tight but fell 1-0. Hopkinton destroyed Wayland (not Weston) today and beat Algonquin 1-0 in the preseason. And I heard D-S tied Weston 1-1 in the preseason without their best player. Obviously preseason scores should be taken with a grain of salt, but they still mean something

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

My mistake, didn't think the TVL played out of conference, I was wrong. Big game for Hopkinton if they did beat Wayland.