EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

sugarandice,
    I apologize if you think I bashed a teenage player, what I meant to say is there is an ego problem on the team and if you don't think so, well thats your opinion and I've said mine.
    I will also let you know that I do know a lot more about AC then you think, this also includes as to why the last two coaches left. Which brings up my bashing of the AD. Well your right, this is not the place to vent my frustrations of how he has treated the girls program in the past, maybe he's changed and seen the light over at St. Agnes,so I apologize again.
      I do agree that your present coach is young and new, but as I said, once she/they get their feet settled, I believe AC will once again become a team to watch out for, maybe they'll find or correct the present problems and make that run to the tournament.

Anyways goodluck,
    Bob

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

1000% classy Hingham coaching brothers deliver hot pizza and drinks to the SMH locker room within minutes at the conclusion of todays game.

Many of the players from both teams played togather at HNIB; and the HHS coach is pretty good freinds with several of the SMH parents as well as the coaches.

Wonderful example of coaches and parents that understand "its only a game."

GREAT JOB FINDLAY BROTHERS !!! Very much appreciated, very classy.

** ps, always great playing in Hingham; great parents, great sports !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Framingham 3 Needham 2 Great come from behind for the Flyer ladies last night.  Down 2-1, with a minute and a half or so to go goalie pulled and they tied it up with about 40 seconds or so remaining.  Were doing a decent job keeping control of the puck until a Needham player intercepted a pass and took off on a breakaway, goalie makes the save and the rebound goes out nicely to one of ours and they had one of their best/fastest transitions into the offensive zone they've had all season long.  A couple more passes and with 6 seconds left in the game the Flyers got the game winner.

Ref's let A LOT of stuff go in this one, they did it on both sides, but some of the hooks and outright hip and shoulder checks (again from both sides) that were let go were ridiculous when you saw the ticky tacky stuff that they did call. It was wierd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckenpeter. Show puckenpeter's posts

Nogame.....I did remove the post as I was commenting on the many coaches that have been through the AC program in the past few years. Growing up in Arlington I know first hand what is happening at the Summer Street Rink. First, the AD provides the same amount of ice as the boys and quite frankly, there are few girls programs who get as much practice ice as the AC girls program. My comment which I deleted was in fairness to the program, as it is difficult to have 3 different coaches in 3 years no matter how much talent you have. Arlington Catholic has a few good high school hockey players, but from the rumblings in the stands, there are many who believe that their kids are better than good. You can blame the AD, you can blame the coach and the ref's but it all comes down to quality and depth and that is the reason there aren't many wins as in years past. Going back a few years ago, they won a championship because of quality and depth and while many were critical of the coach at that time, it didn't matter who was behind the bench because there were so many skilled players.

Let the girl's play and enjoy the high school expeirence and good luck the rest of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Weekly Six Pack

Division 1
    St. Mary's - The best
    Woburn -AB and Arlington at the end of the season.  Should be some good hockey.
    Lexington -Hingham and Mary's down the stretch.  Good way to get ready for tourney.
    AB- give AB the 4 spot.  Beat a quality Billerica squad and tied Arlington.
    Hingham- Beat Arlington but haven't seen another marquee win.  They do play the elite teams though.
    Arlington- Play's AB for league title this week.

Division 2
    Duxbury - Can't wait for the Cougar Classic
    Fontbonne - A win or a tie V. Mary's gets you the number 1 spot and a ton of admiration.
    Norwood - Playing Wellesley for what could end up being league this week
    Medfield- LS will be a nice non league tilt
    Walpole - Only because they beat went 1-0-1 v. Wellesley.  I think Wellesley could just as easily be in the 5 spot.
    Canton - Solid hockey team, should make some noise in tourney
    Canton

Belmont v. Winchester today.  Both teams fighting for tournament lives
    Braintree v. AP.  AP needs wins and Braintree needs to know where they stand in D1
    Framingham v. Reading.  Chance for Framingham to pull to .500.  Reading is no slouch.  Points are hard to come by when you play in the toughest league in girls hockey.
    AC v. Arlington. Do or Die time for AC is fast approaching.
    Medway v. Medfield tomorrow.  Great GHL North battle
    Ursuline v. AP.  Both teams fighting for tourney.  AP playing second of back to back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Reading 2 Framingham 2 Framingham up 2-1, late in the 3rd Reading tied it up.  Reading goalie definately the difference in this one.  She made some unbelievable stops and was essentially an impenetratable wall for Reading.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirdmanin. Show thirdmanin's posts

Arlington Catholic 3 Arlington High 0.

AC dominated this one from start to finish. AHS goalie played great and kept her team close by coming up big. No score going into 3rd period. AC gets one 15 seconds into third and added another later on...Third goal was eng with a few seconds left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Arlington Catholic 3 Arlington High 0. AC dominated this one from start to finish. AHS goalie played great and kept her team close by coming up big. No score going into 3rd period. AC gets one 15 seconds into third and added another later on...Third goal was eng with a few seconds left.
    Posted by thirdmanin[/QUOTE]

Was such a great game for AC, they wanted it while the AHS girls were very lax.
    Where was this AC team all year, shows what a rivalry will bring out in a team.
    Should be a good game on the 21st when these two see each other again.

Bob

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

I don't know if anyome has said this but congrats Taylor Shepherd on her 100th goal vs Mount St.Joe's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flyerhockeyman. Show flyerhockeyman's posts

Congratulations to Watertown/Melrose Erica Kelly getting her 150th High School point

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedixiepucks. Show thedixiepucks's posts

ab just kicked some serious Arlington butt 4-1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

[QUOTE] Congratulations to Watertown/Melrose Erica Kelly getting her 150th High School point
    Posted by flyerhockeyman[/QUOTE]
    Congratulations... one of the most talented and unselfish players in the league.  Great Job!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

Braintree and Framingham game was another classic Carey matchup. Braintree you can see is very well coached unselfish with the puck and very well schooled in driving to the net. Kept pressure on Framingham, Flyers goalie was up to the task held Wamps in check till late in second period. Odd man rushes killed Flyers in the third period along with third and fourth chances by the Lady Wamps in front. Braintree's speed and overall skill level was evident in this one. Good effort by both teams, playoffs for Wamps and Flyers will need to scramble in coming games to make it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Walpole 1 Milton 0.
    ED is a very good goalie. (with a mean streak ala Billy Smith)  She kept Milton in this game despite quite a bit of pressure by Walpole.  There were times that the first line had puck possession for well over a minute in Milton's zone, but they could not capitalize.
    Walpole also played a little selfish yesterday, many of the girls opted for low percentage shots when they had teammates open in much better scoring position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

congratulations to Peabody...first win in 3 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

looks like Fontbonne had a tough week. 
    lost to SMH 6-0, a team that has decent success against
    then tied NDA 2-2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Walpole 3 Nobles 0.

Oh, did I forget to mention it was Walpole Varsity/JV against Nobles JV?
    Nobles pretty talented for a JV team, but what do you expect from the top Girl's program in Mass?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]Walpole 3 Nobles 0. Oh, did I forget to mention it was Walpole Varsity/JV against Nobles JV? Nobles pretty talented for a JV team, but what do you expect from the top Girl's program in Mass?
    Posted by Matty+Ice[/QUOTE]

THE TOP GIRLS PROGRAM IN MA IS DUMMER ACADAMY...HAS BEEN FOR 3 YEARS.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE NOBLES VS ST MARY'S. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD GAME.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Top girls program in last 15 years is Nobles.  From championships to girls playing in college.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]Walpole 3 Nobles 0. Oh, did I forget to mention it was Walpole Varsity/JV against Nobles JV? Nobles pretty talented for a JV team, but what do you expect from the top Girl's program in Mass?
    Posted by Matty+Ice[/QUOTE]

I would take nothing from any game against a Prep school JV team!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : THE TOP GIRLS PROGRAM IN MA IS DUMMER ACADAMY...HAS BEEN FOR 3 YEARS. WOULD LOVE TO SEE NOBLES VS ST MARY'S. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD GAME.
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]

From USHR web site:

Girls Prep Rankings

If the regular season were to end today, this is how the seeding would appear for the postseason.

Calculations are up to date through this morning (Wed. Feb. 2).

Div. I

1. Westminster – 3
     2. Choate – 7
     3. Nobles – 10
     4. LA – 13
     5. Berkshire – 15
     6. Brewster – 18
     7. Tabor – 22
     8. Winchendon – 24
     9. Loomis – 27
    10. Hotchkiss – 32
          Williston – 32
    12. Pomfret – 36
          St. Mark’s – 36
    14. Milton – 37
    15. Taft – 42
    16. Cushing – 43
    17. Deerfield – 45
    18. BB&N – 48
    19. Andover – 54
          Exeter -54
          NMH – 54
    22. St. Paul’s – 55
    23. Kent – 58

Div. II

1. Rivers – 14
     2. Governor’s – 16
     3. Canterbury – 18
     4. Southfield – 25
     5. Millbrook – 26
     6. Proctor – 29
     7. Thayer – 33
     8. Hebron – 35
     9. Middlesex – 36
    10. Gunnery – 48
    11. Kimball Union – 51
    12. K-O – 52
    13. Brooks – 53
    14. Holderness – 58
          Vermont – 58
    16. Tilton – 59
          Pingree – 63
    18. New Hampton – 64
          Newton CD – 64
    20. St. George’s – 67
    21. Greenwich – 68
    22. Groton – 73
    23. Berwick – 80
    24. Kents Hill – 84
          NYA – 84
    26. P. Abbey – 97
          Rye CD - 97

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

lol END, the dummers are not even in D-1 lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Newton today, Brookline tomorrow and Weymouth on Monday.  Girls have to win all 3 to get in.  Time to dig deep and fight for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

The seasons next Biggest game is Lexington vs SMH tonight who has any predictions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Tournament hopes still alive and well for the Flyer ladies.  Framingham 3 Newton N. 2. 2 more wins to go.