EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Looks to be 19 D1 teams and 14 D2.  Could change a little.

Expect Framingham to make it.  Archies appears to be the low seed in D2.
    Natick has some tough sledding, good luck to a team on the rise !

Cougar Classic results will have an impact.  There's a few teams that need the wins, and host NDA might be the spoiler, despite not making the States themselves ! 

Toughest schedule rest of way might be AC, if they make it, certainly will be battle tested !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Looks to be 19 D1 teams and 14 D2.  Could change a little. Expect Framingham to make it.  Archies appears to be the low seed in D2. Natick has some tough sledding, good luck to a team on the rise ! Cougar Classic results will have an impact.  There's a few teams that need the wins, and host NDA might be the spoiler, despite not making the States themselves !  Toughest schedule rest of way might be AC, if they make it, certainly will be battle tested !
    Posted by cager[/QUOTE]

Hi Cager,
    I count 25 D1 teams better than .500 and 19 D2. I agree Framingham should make it. AC should be there too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hi Cager, I count 25 D1 teams better than .500 and 19 D2. I agree Framingham should make it. AC should be there too.
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]
    3 games left for Framingham.  currently 1 game under .500 at 7-8-2
    Games remaining
    Brookline, Weymouth, and a makeup with Walpole.  If Framingham takes care of business, with Brookline and Weymouth, they will sit at 9-8-2 and the Walpole game won't matter. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

2 of 3 needed taken care of at this point.  Newton N. yesterday, Brookline today and tomorrow's test will be Weymouth. 5-4 win 1st time around. Walpole apparently not being cooperative on the re-schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Actually heard it was the Framingham AD not being cooperative.

[QUOTE]2 of 3 needed taken care of at this point.  Newton N. yesterday, Brookline today and tomorrow's test will be Weymouth. 5-4 win 1st time around. Walpole apparently not being cooperative on the re-schedule.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

No, It's Walpole coach Joe Verderber.  He wants to make up the game this week on Monday or Thursday, Friday but Framingham can't secure ice for a game slot Thursday or Friday and are playing tomorrow.  Framingham would like to make the game up the following week during vacation when they can secure ice.  Walpole is not happy because they have two games scheduled that week on Monday and Wed.  I heard but can not confirmed that Framingham was actually bending over backwards to the point they were willing to head down their and play this upcoming Friday or Saturday if Walpole secured the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

AP with a must win tonite against AC (2-1).  AP netminder stoned AC with nearly 50 saves.  AP back to .500 while AC falls beneath that mark.  Just like last year, AP must steals some points down the stretch to sneak in the tournament.  Must again beat Shrewsbury in rematch from last week, then somehow get two more points against SML, Lexington, and Norwood. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Good - that's pretty much exactly my understanding of it as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Weekly Six Pack

Division 1
    Mary's- game with AB could be good but expect Mary's to win out.
    Woburn- Arlington and AB left for difficult games.
    Lexington- Love their non league, Hingham up next.
    AB- as mentioned, they get tournament test with Mary's and Woburn.
    Hingham- Braintree, Lexington and Duxbury down stretch as the fight for possible bye.
    Arlington - Billerica, AC and Woburn will determine if this team should be in six pack.

4 teams on bubble for D1 tourney.  If all four bubble teams qualify then 27 teams set the field. 27 teams = 11 byes, 26 = 10 and 25 = 9.  AC needs 3 points against Font, Arl and Billerica.  I am assuming they beat Archies again.  Framingham needs 1 win in final 2 (Weymouth and Walpole), Springfield has 2 with Bay View, RI (9-3 in RI, but got smoked by Hingham), Shrewsbury (3-1 L) and Beverly left.  AP needs to beat Shrewsbury and Norwood then their games with Mary's and Lexington will be tune ups for tourney.

Division 2
    Duxbury- Hingham on the docket in Cougar.
    Font. - Gets AC again.
    Norwood- Walpole for the league and AP as a good tourney tune up.
    Medfield- LS, Franklin and Barnstable - good measuring stick V all D1 tourney teams.
    Walpole - Norwood for league, Ursuline and Canton.
    Canton- Medway, Franklin and Walpole to get ready for post season.

Looks like 15 teams with 2 bubble teams to make 16 or 17 if one or both get in.
    Winchester has Burlington, Woburn and Mary's left.  Need to go at worst 0-1-2 or 1-1-1.  They beat Burlington question is who could they tie?  Ursuline is in the same boat.  They have Walpole, Marshfield and either NDA or North in Cougar.  15 teams = 1 bye, 17 teams - 1 prelim game 17 v 16.

Buckle up, here we go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]Weekly Six Pack Division 1 Mary's - game with AB could be good but expect Mary's to win out. Woburn - Arlington and AB left for difficult games. Lexington - Love their non league, Hingham up next. AB - as mentioned, they get tournament test with Mary's and Woburn. Hingham - Braintree, Lexington and Duxbury down stretch as the fight for possible bye. Arlington - Billerica, AC and Woburn will determine if this team should be in six pack. 4 teams on bubble for D1 tourney.  If all four bubble teams qualify then 27 teams set the field. 27 teams = 11 byes, 26 = 10 and 25 = 9.  AC needs 3 points against Font, Arl and Billerica.  I am assuming they beat Archies again.  Framingham needs 1 win in final 2 (Weymouth and Walpole), Springfield has 2 with Bay View, RI (9-3 in RI, but got smoked by Hingham), Shrewsbury (3-1 L) and Beverly left.  AP needs to beat Shrewsbury and Norwood then their games with Mary's and Lexington will be tune ups for tourney. Division 2 Duxbury - Hingham on the docket in Cougar. Font. - Gets AC again. Norwood - Walpole for the league and AP as a good tourney tune up. Medfield - LS, Franklin and Barnstable - good measuring stick V all D1 tourney teams. Walpole - Norwood for league, Ursuline and Canton. Canton - Medway, Franklin and Walpole to get ready for post season. Looks like 15 teams with 2 bubble teams to make 16 or 17 if one or both get in. Winchester has Burlington, Woburn and Mary's left.  Need to go at worst 0-1-2 or 1-1-1.  They beat Burlington question is who could they tie?  Ursuline is in the same boat.  They have Walpole, Marshfield and either NDA or North in Cougar.  15 teams = 1 bye, 17 teams - 1 prelim game 17 v 16. Buckle up, here we go.
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]

What the heck was that display of changing the goalie every other whistle vs St Marys the other night? Has anyone ever seen this before? I asked the Lex parents and they were as dumbfounded as everyone in attendance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]Weekly Six Pack Division 1 Mary's - game with AB could be good but expect Mary's to win out. Woburn - Arlington and AB left for difficult games. Lexington - Love their non league, Hingham up next. AB - as mentioned, they get tournament test with Mary's and Woburn. Hingham - Braintree, Lexington and Duxbury down stretch as the fight for possible bye. Arlington - Billerica, AC and Woburn will determine if this team should be in six pack. 4 teams on bubble for D1 tourney.  If all four bubble teams qualify then 27 teams set the field. 27 teams = 11 byes, 26 = 10 and 25 = 9.  AC needs 3 points against Font, Arl and Billerica.  I am assuming they beat Archies again.  Framingham needs 1 win in final 2 (Weymouth and Walpole), Springfield has 2 with Bay View, RI (9-3 in RI, but got smoked by Hingham), Shrewsbury (3-1 L) and Beverly left.  AP needs to beat Shrewsbury and Norwood then their games with Mary's and Lexington will be tune ups for tourney. Division 2 Duxbury - Hingham on the docket in Cougar. Font. - Gets AC again. Norwood - Walpole for the league and AP as a good tourney tune up. Medfield - LS, Franklin and Barnstable - good measuring stick V all D1 tourney teams. Walpole - Norwood for league, Ursuline and Canton. Canton - Medway, Franklin and Walpole to get ready for post season. Looks like 15 teams with 2 bubble teams to make 16 or 17 if one or both get in. Winchester has Burlington, Woburn and Mary's left.  Need to go at worst 0-1-2 or 1-1-1.  They beat Burlington question is who could they tie?  Ursuline is in the same boat.  They have Walpole, Marshfield and either NDA or North in Cougar.  15 teams = 1 bye, 17 teams - 1 prelim game 17 v 16. Buckle up, here we go.

Norwood has clinched the Herget.  At 13-1 they have 2 games remaining. The worse they can do is end up 13-3.  Walpole is 10-3-1.  They can not catch them.  Game tonight against Milton. A tie would give them the best record in the Bay State overall.  Walpole - Norwood game is good for bragging rights though.

Natick is also on the bubble.  currently 8-6-2 but has a tough 3 games coming up to wrap up the season vs Dedham, Wellesley and Braintree.  They have to manage 1 point out of the 3 games. They've already fallen 3-1 to Dedham and 3-2 to Wellesley.  Braintree, after a tough start is on a roll.   I can easily see Natick getting knocked out.  Unfortunate because they are the most improved team from last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

Have seen Natick girls 3-4 times this year it will be a shame if they can't close the deal, they are the most improved team in BSC no question I am rooting for you girls to go in and give them 45 mins of h.ll play your hardest make the home of Champions proud.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

According to the Metrowest News Natick is in with their win over Dedham last night. Congrats ladies, especially Coach Mabbs. Framingham took care of Weymouth yesterday and clinched their spot as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]According to the Metrowest News Natick is in with their win over Dedham last night. Congrats ladies, especially Coach Mabbs. Framingham took care of Weymouth yesterday and clinched their spot as well. 
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Nice job!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flyerhockeyman. Show flyerhockeyman's posts

Congratulations to Watertown/Melrose Lauren Giordano getting her 100th High School point

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]lol END, the dummers are not even in D-1 lol
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]

Div 1 vs Div 2 means nothing...as it does in the MIAA. with that argument Fontbonne would have no chance against St Mary's and we all know that's not the case. Div 2 beats Div 1 all the time. Duxbury anyone???

Dummer plays Noble inext week...I'll take all of your ribbing if they lose after that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

There have been 8 exclusion games in girl's hockey so far this season. 

Note: Exclusion schools may not exceed the season scheduling limits and must count all contests toward tournament qualification and seeding unless playing each other, then at least one must count, and both may count.

So it counts for excluded school and not for school

SchoolExcluded SchoolGame Date
    Acton-BoxboroughFontbonne Academy (Milton)12/16/10
    Archbishop WilliamsFontbonne Academy12/9/10
    Archbishop WilliamsFontbonne Academy1/5/11
    Austin PrepFontbonne Academy (Milton)12/23/10
    Mount Saint Joseph AcademyFontbonne12/17/10
    Mount Saint Joseph AcademyFontbonne2/3/11
    Mount Saint Joseph AcademyNotre Dame - Hingham1/14/11
    Mount Saint Joseph AcademyNotre Dame - Hingham1/25/11

As I understand the rule, these contests do not count towards post season qualification and seeding.  If that is correct AB's L to Font. does not count.  It also means AP's tie with Font. does not count.  AP will have to go 2-1 in last three (Norwood, Shrewsbury, Lexington) to make post season.  These games do count for Font.

As far as the D2 picture, it's a popsicle headache to look at.  But, the one thing I do see is Archies has a better chance to make tourney with their 2 L's v Font. not counting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Anyone have a summary on the Norwood Milton game?  Surprised by the close score.  

Ditto on the Natick Dedham game.  On that one I'm suprised it wasn't close.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reg-Dunlop. Show Reg-Dunlop's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone have a summary on the Norwood Milton game?  Surprised by the close score.
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

Norwood had a 3-0 lead after 1, then sat the starters.  Same score after 2, then put in the back up goalie.  The Milton goalie had a tremendous game stopping a ton of quality chances.  It looked like she got hurt with about 5 minutes to go, but, gutted out the rest of the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]There have been 8 exclusion games in girl's hockey so far this season.  Note: Exclusion schools may not exceed the season scheduling limits and must count all contests toward tournament qualification and seeding unless playing each other, then at least one must count, and both may count. So it counts for excluded school and not for school School Excluded School Game Date Acton-Boxborough Fontbonne Academy (Milton) 12/16/10 Archbishop Williams Fontbonne Academy 12/9/10 Archbishop Williams Fontbonne Academy 1/5/11 Austin Prep Fontbonne Academy (Milton) 12/23/10 Mount Saint Joseph Academy Fontbonne 12/17/10 Mount Saint Joseph Academy Fontbonne 2/3/11 Mount Saint Joseph Academy Notre Dame - Hingham 1/14/11 Mount Saint Joseph Academy Notre Dame - Hingham 1/25/11 As I understand the rule, these contests do not count towards post season qualification and seeding.  If that is correct AB's L to Font. does not count.  It also means AP's tie with Font. does not count.  AP will have to go 2-1 in last three (Norwood, Shrewsbury, Lexington) to make post season.  These games do count for Font. As far as the D2 picture, it's a popsicle headache to look at.  But, the one thing I do see is Archies has a better chance to make tourney with their 2 L's v Font. not counting.

I believe AWHS record vs D2 teams is what will get them in due to the Murphy Rule

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I believe AWHS record vs D2 teams is what will get them in due to the Murphy Rule
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct sir. AWHS is 6-5-1 vs DII opponents AND they are in the CCL which is 75% DI teams ( /> 70%). They only have one DII opponent left, so they have effectively clincehd a tournamnent spot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from penaltybox. Show penaltybox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I concur.  AWHS is In !   Natick too ! Congrats to both programs. I however, disagree with some of the other postings.  The Exclusion rule is meant to provide "game" opportunities for the schools that have difficulty getting other schools to play them.   Putting them together with schools that have "optional" games, in a painless - No Loss/No Win scheduling alternative for the "optional" school. MSJ, are in the same league as Fontbonne and NDA,  must play them.  As such, they cannot exclude them.  The 1-3 results stand in their record, and their results down the stretch, as they must still qualify, are important.  Going off the results poseted on the EMass site, my view has 14 teams already in for D2, with 5 still capable.  However, 4 have very difficult schedules.  D1, 21 in and 5 still capable,  4 having a tough row.  There is also one team that appears to have too many games.
    Posted by cager[/QUOTE]

I believe the limit is 20 games, however you can play up to 2 additional games if they are games with exclusion schools.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

My AC friends have a big contest today vs Fontbonne, I wish them good luck!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hcky2. Show hcky2's posts

Fontbonne 4  AC 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Matty+Ice. Show Matty+Ice's posts

Walpole 1 Norwood 1.  In a game that was relatively meaningless for the standings, Walpole and Norwood battled to a 1-1 tie.  Walpole scored first on a nice give and go, nice pass from 19 to 6.
    Norwood scored after a questionable intentional offsides call put a face-off in Walpole's end.
    Teams battled throughout the night.  Pretty even game, maybe a slight edge to Walpole, except when they were in the box.  Walpole goalie played probably her best game of the year.  Norwood goalie solid as usual.

Important game for Walpole in case of a potential rematch in the tourney.