EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Walpole 1 Norwood 1.  In a game that was relatively meaningless for the standings, Walpole and Norwood battled to a 1-1 tie.  Walpole scored first on a nice give and go, nice pass from 19 to 6. Norwood scored after a questionable intentional offsides call put a face-off in Walpole's end. Teams battled throughout the night.  Pretty even game, maybe a slight edge to Walpole, except when they were in the box.  Walpole goalie played probably her best game of the year.  Norwood goalie solid as usual. Important game for Walpole in case of a potential rematch in the tourney.
    Posted by Matty+Ice[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right, outstanding game by Walpole goalie.  Can't be a coincidence that Walpole goalies just started getting dedicated goalie training 2 weeks ago.  By my calculations, Walpole goalie and Norwood goalie GAA about dead even.  State tournament should be interesting.
    Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Congratulations to the Woburn Tanners on clinching the Middlesex League title with a 6-0 win over Stoneham!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilledhockeydad. Show Chilledhockeydad's posts

Congrats to Belmont on tieing Lexington.  Anyone see the game?  Belmont has come a long way this year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

Deleted last post.  

Was partially based on a previous discussion with a coach.  Latest discussion indicates information might not be correct.

Big week coming up for the teams at the top of D1.   AB playing both SM, and Woburn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]Deleted last post.   Was partially based on a previous discussion with a coach.  Latest discussion indicates information might not be correct. Big week coming up for the teams at the top of D1.   AB playing both SM, and Woburn.
    Posted by cager[/QUOTE]

you have to give it to AB...going against the 2 top teams in hockey.

good luck to them...a win against either team will make us all feel better about our chances in the tourney.

By the way, why is #11 from Medford not at a prep school? She is an absolute phenom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

I don't know #11, but some kids just view Hockey as just another sport, not a meal ticket to college, and prefer to stay in their hometown with friends.  I figure that good and great players will get noticed eventually where ever they play.  

I knew some really good young Soccer players, who choose to stay with within city leagues instead of Travel teams, just because they preferred it.  When they got to High School they fit right into the teams there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

Can someone explain why Wellesley BSH D2 and Needham BSC D1 play each other 2X and will play 17 Bay State league games and everyone else in the BS plays 16?  My assumption was that the Herget league played each Herget team 2X and each Carey Team 1X.  Carey teams played each Carey 2X and each Herget 1X.  Is that just the minimum and the teams are allowed to play more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

looks like the Dummers dynasty lost yesterday....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]looks like the Dummers dynasty lost yesterday....
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]

Feb 19:
    Lawrence Academy 7vs.Governor's 6 (OT)
    An OT loss to D1 power hose LA is nothing to hang your head about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

Final      AP 0   Norwood 0

Any game reports?    AP now must take three points out of Shrewsbury and
    Lexington games.  Any chance they can steal a point from Lexington?

Tough to be a top 20 team and be left out of the playoffs because of SOS.  But I guess you reap what you sow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone explain why Wellesley BSH D2 and Needham BSC D1 play each other 2X and will play 17 Bay State league games and everyone else in the BS plays 16?  My assumption was that the Herget league played each Herget team 2X and each Carey Team 1X.  Carey teams played each Carey 2X and each Herget 1X.  Is that just the minimum and the teams are allowed to play more?
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

There must be some kind of loophole that gives them some leeway in interleague scheduling.  We only played Brookline once this year but added Winchester, Reading, AC and A/B.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Kind of an iconic week.  2 former Catholic Powers AC and AP have their post season on Life support.  Both teams need 3 points in 2 games.  Good luck to the two teams with great traditions.  One I graduated from and one my kid graduated from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Can someone explain why Wellesley BSH D2 and Needham BSC D1 play each other 2X and will play 17 Bay State league games and everyone else in the BS plays 16?  My assumption was that the Herget league played each Herget team 2X and each Carey Team 1X.  Carey teams played each Carey 2X and each Herget 1X.  Is that just the minimum and the teams are allowed to play more?
    Posted by ghockeydad[/QUOTE]

All of the Bay State Carey teams lost one league game this season.  Brookline appealed to play a modified schedule in girls and I think boys.  They play every team in the Bay State once.  They then fill their remaining games in with non league games that will give them a chance to be competitive.  They are not eligible to win the Bay State under the agreement.  I believe that the Bay State is then decided by winning percentage and not total points as all Carey teams play 1 less league game.  So all Carey teams needed to pick up 1 additional game to make replace Brookline.

Needham and Newton North elected to take Wellesley and Dedham as "non league games."  The master Bay State schedule clarifies which counts as a league game.  Newton's second Dedham game counted and Needham's first Wellesley game toward the league.  Needham plays Dedham non league today as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeydad. Show ghockeydad's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : All of the Bay State Carey teams lost one league game this season.  Brookline appealed to play a modified schedule in girls and I think boys.  They play every team in the Bay State once.  They then fill their remaining games in with non league games that will give them a chance to be competitive.  They are not eligible to win the Bay State under the agreement.  I believe that the Bay State is then decided by winning percentage and not total points as all Carey teams play 1 less league game.  So all Carey teams needed to pick up 1 additional game to make replace Brookline. Needham and Newton North elected to take Wellesley and Dedham as "non league games."  The master Bay State schedule clarifies which counts as a league game.  Newton's second Dedham game counted and Needham's first Wellesley game toward the league.  Needham plays Dedham non league today as well.
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]

Thanks GT.  You need a new name:  411 :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]looks like the Dummers dynasty lost yesterday....

thanks sportsdad but I can take it from here.

paycheck, do you have any idea how sports work? by your post you sound like you need a lesson.

okay, in sports 2 teams play each other and at the end of the game there is usually a winner and a loser. there are some sports that may end in a tie.

i stated that Dummer was the best team in the ISL girls. you then inferred that i didn't know what i was talking about because Dummer is in Div 2. 

because one team (LA) beat another (Dummer) you think that it make Nobles a better team. wrong. ask around...ask the right people...people that have played both Nobles and Dummer. they'll tell you which team is better.

is Fontbonne better than Peabody? Fontbonne is in Div 2 and Peabody Div 1.
    it means nothing...as does your opinion on how good teams are going forward.

i think Duxbury (Div 2) tied St Mary's (Div 1) this year. 

I don't know who you daughter plays for but i would hope she still believes her team can beat the best anytime she steps on the ice.

good luck in the tournament. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

[QUOTE]Final      AP 0   Norwood 0 Any game reports?    AP now must take three points out of Shrewsbury and Lexington games.  Any chance they can steal a point from Lexington? Tough to be a top 20 team and be left out of the playoffs because of SOS.  But I guess you reap what you sow.
    Posted by DaRocket[/QUOTE]

AP only needs 2 more points !

Good luck in your final two games! 

We are pulliing for you !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaRocket. Show DaRocket's posts

Cager.....I hope you are right but if AP beats Shrewsbury and loses to Lexington that leaves them under .500 and out of the post-season, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Ahhh that explains it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

who's the bracket wizard?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]Cager.....I hope you are right but if AP beats Shrewsbury and loses to Lexington that leaves them under .500 and out of the post-season, right?
    Posted by DaRocket[/QUOTE]

Austin Prep has 21 games on their schedule, 1 (of their losses) must be an exclusion game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

End:  thanks for straighten that out ! 

This is my first time involved in sports; but generally, just like to tease/provoke people on blogs. Cool No harm intended Kiss  hopefully someday one of my kids will get on one of these teams Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

[QUOTE]End:  thanks for straighten that out !  This is my first time involved in sports; but generally, just like to tease/provoke people on blogs.  No harm intended   hopefully someday one of my kids will get on one of these teams

Paycheck be nice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Laughing

btw Magel...........nice photo !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmom30. Show gmom30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Austin Prep has 21 games on their schedule, 1 (of their losses) must be an exclusion game.
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

actually the exclusion game was one of the ties. need 3 more points

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Saw a couple of Gentlemen with Framingham Flyer jackets at the AHS vs AC game, with clip board in hand of course! Are the pairings that obvious?

Bob