EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magellann. Show magellann's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hey Magellan, you don't fool me... You're just trying to get to see 4 games for $7.00.
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I tring to make a point and you have to tell everyone how cheap I am.
    I hope you have to work overtime Thursday, Cry HaHa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from classof54. Show classof54's posts

Suburban Bob, I am surprised that you would casually mention the behavior of our players & parents as they were only responding to the instigating tactics of your student body & fans to which I have only witnessed at the game of a League rival !!! An honest assessment of the Hockey Game can only leave you with a well played contest between two very good teams that were both subjected to a very questionable officiated game !!! I take exception to the comment directed at our goalie !!! I suppose it is very difficult not to be in your face arrogant since the officials have have not been able to keep the opposing players out of HER CREASE, several times resulting in unnecessary contact !!! She however has never complained or taken a penalty as a result !!! Remember, her reputation & accolades have been brought to light by some media persons & not the persuation of the parents !!! Very respectfully #33's Papa

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Hey Bob I was at the Arl vs. WL last night as my daughter has a few friends that play on the WL team.  WHAT A GAME!!  Both sides played an intense physical game....actually the officials let this one get away from them and someone really could have gotten hurt.  It went into OT and then a shootout....the story of the game as the WL goalie....she was tremendous!!!  There are a few of the top teams I would love to see them play as they have a strong team and then the goalie puts them over the top.  I know they played St. Mary's early in the sesaon and lost but if she plays they way she did last night it is going to be tough for any team to beat them.....I know I will be going to more of their games!!!  Also went to the Woburn vs. Wesford Academy....that was not even an enjoyable game....not sure if their original goalie was out hurt or if this is their goalie...but here is a case of one of those teams that makes it in due to the fact that their conference is not that strong.  And they had one girl that was also conentrating on one of the Woburn top players and was hitting her off the play etc....again I have to agree with some of the converstaion her that some of these teams just cannot compete with some of the top level.  They should have a Super 8 format type tournament for the girls as it will only make it a better tournament for those teams that can compete with the top levels.  It its hard to see a Hingham or St. Mary's get knocked out this early in the tournament when you know they are a top team and one is out just because the bracket put them there because another team got a better seed.  then this will also give those middle of the road teams a chance in the tournaments as they deserve the chance just because they are not a strong as the SMH, Lex, Arl, Hingham, AB, Wob etc....there are also some really good teams in Div 2 that would give any of these Div 1 top teams a run for their money too.....so time for a restructer of the girls hockey as it has reached the level of competition that warrants it!!!  looking forward to more great hockey!!!  Good luck to all the teams that have advanced.
    Posted by Katprowl17[/QUOTE]
    Yes this is 2 straight years of terrible draws for the Hingham team. Last year they definitely were the 2nd best team and forced to play St. Marys early in what should of been the final game. Both years would have been better to have them on the side with Woburn and let those 2 teams battle it out to see who gets to play St. Marys. That Sportsdad must have a lucky coin.What's bigger? Being the team that beats St. Marys and ends the 100 game streak or taking the State title? I'll take either one.... One more chance for Hingham...Lend me that coin Sportsdad....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE] Suburban Bob, I am surprised that you would casually mention the behavior of our players & parents as they were only responding to the instigating tactics of your student body & fans to which I have only witnessed at the game of a League rival !!! An honest assessment of the Hockey Game can only leave you with a well played contest between two very good teams that were both subjected to a very questionable officiated game !!! I take exception to the comment directed at our goalie !!! I suppose it is very difficult not to be in your face arrogant since the officials have have not been able to keep the opposing players out of HER CREASE, several times resulting in unnecessary contact !!! She however has never complained or taken a penalty as a result !!! Remember, her reputation & accolades have been brought to light by some media persons & not the persuation of the parents !!! Very respectfully #33's Papa
    Posted by classof54[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Winthrop Lynn...
    Anyone see the MIAA program. It looks like they have the AC roster instead of Winthrop Lynn, listed under the Winthrop Lynn heading. At least I think its AC. Can anyone verify?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Yes this is 2 straight years of terrible draws for the Hingham team. Last year they definitely were the 2nd best team and forced to play St. Marys early in what should of been the final game. Both years would have been better to have them on the side with Woburn and let those 2 teams battle it out to see who gets to play St. Marys. That Sportsdad must have a lucky coin.What's bigger? Being the team that beats St. Marys and ends the 100 game streak or taking the State title? I'll take either one.... One more chance for Hingham...Lend me that coin Sportsdad....
    Posted by LARRY1990[/QUOTE]

ALREADY GETTING READY TO MAKE YOUR EXCUSES, FLIP OF THE COIN and it is getting old with "we were nbr 2 last yr", you can be nbr 2 all you want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

hingham will beat st.marys.the way they handled medford was impressive.no,suburban bobbie,i am not comparing medford to anyone but i also saw the way they manhandled your ponders.if it wasnt for your goalie that nite...good luck next year bobbie!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Thanks, I tring to make a point and you have to tell everyone how cheap I am. I hope you have to work overtime Thursday,  HaHa
    Posted by magellann[/QUOTE]

Actually, they haven't posted the venue or times for SMH/Hingham or Winthrop Lynn, just the date. I suspect nothing has been finalized so the date could change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Someone at the MIAA is getting $$$$$$$$$ from Watertown rink.  Someone needs to explain how year after year, games end up in this rink when so many superior facilites are available all over MA.

ps; even more on # 8:  she was tossed out of the game midway thru the 3rd period for throwing her stick, and sent to the lockerroom.  Lo and behold, there she is back on the ice just 2 minutes later.  GREAT JOB COACH.

have looked at the tape of the entire game....kid committed penalty after penalty.........and how about this:  this little darling is just a 9th grader. !!!

Metro, guess you missed the 12-2 penalties at that game out in Framingham and the seperated shoulder on the check from behind; all this happening after the Framingham squad was soundly defeated in the playoffs the year before, but, with the Framingham staff begging our people to bring our team out to Framingham, thats what we got.  And metro, because your not from our team, you cannot appreciate how many places the team has gone "because the team was asked to come and play them"  and then be totally hacked and abused when the team shows up.  Its like:  Why the heck do we keep playing these teams ?????????????// when we could play the top teams and not risk injury to bs play, or be treated with respect and kindness; like the Hingham coaches treating for pizza and drinks after the game.

Folks.........the program has gone a bunch of games without a loss and we do not tolerate bs from our players or parents, neither should you.  Our coaches will not allow it, our school will not allow it, and neither will our parents.  Its called accountability.   Players want to act up, your gone, parents want to act up, you will held accountable; by the entire team.  

and finally, how about Paycheck asking for good sportsmanship BEFORE a game was even played..........with the fantasy that he scrumm team coming in would not bring in the repeat performance.  Thank goodness, they are just about all eliminated......with no cheap injuries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

It is kind of funny reading some of these post.  When the Boys 1A teams were being selected the dboards were all saying how they should do away with the super 8.  The problem is simple there is not enough teams out there.  Teams do not want to play in D1 some teams want to play weak teams, some like to pad their stats with wins others play an aggressive schedule and then complain about their seeding. I believe the only fair way is to have 1 division in all of girls hockey call it "open" and then have a Division 1 tournament where they the formula that is in place on the boys side in division 1A.  Problem solved the coaches and committee know who the fraud teams are that take on the weaker programs.

As for the complaining about the behavior of the players the fix is again rather easy.  Take the home games away.  Use neutral sights.  they only draw 100-300 people MAX prior to the finals where you may get 500 people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Paycheck:
    you know the routine the MIAA only offers to pay so much per game slot.  Watertown is not a bad facility and the staff there does the best they can.  Other facilities have their Ice booked in advance, Watertown has a couple of HS teams booking Ice as well as Bently University there as well and they are able to meet the MIAA's needs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

i am not comparing medford to anyone  Great Observation  another bottom dweller fantasy squad meets a real team.......lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

........Icing:  Watertown used to have the best hammies; then the guy screwed me and switched over to frozen pre packaged ones last year..........Cry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]........Icing:  Watertown used to have the best hammies; then the guy screwed me and switched over to frozen pre packaged ones last year..........
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]
    you ate there???? ;-(
    Ugggh that explains alot!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

Paycheck = sucker for hammies Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]hingham will beat st.marys.the way they handled medford was impressive.no,suburban bobbie,i am not comparing medford to anyone but i also saw the way they manhandled your ponders.if it wasnt for your goalie that nite...good luck next year bobbie!
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]

Penalty, I really don't know what your blabbering about! I said that Hingham was outstanding at our game and picked them to beat SMH, I said that Medford was in over there head vs. Hingham last week. I hope Hingham beats SMH, but that depends who shows for them(their state of mind) speaking of state of mind.....
     medication time!

Bob

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

[QUOTE]STUPID  The next round is in Watertown and the Miaa has the 4 games played on 3 different nights, one Tuesday, one Wedsnday, and two on Thursday. The Finals are on the 20th, if your going to have a week off let the teams all go to Watertown on Saturday, together they can enjoy the event with all the teams together. Just my view.
    Posted by magellann[/QUOTE]

Magellann - part of the problem is that there are at least three schools (St. Marys', Hingham, Woburn - am I missing anyone else?) left in the Girls Final 8 that have boys teams playing in the Super8 or the D1 tournaments. I believe they are trying to avoid conflicts where the boys and girls do not have games at the same times on the same days to allow parents and the students to attend both. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Yah, they managed to have both the Woburn Boys and Girls playing at almost the same time on Saturday (4+PM for Boys at Merrimack) and 5PM for the girls.  Not cool since there is a lot of Fan overlap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from metrofan. Show metrofan's posts

[QUOTE]Someone at the MIAA is getting $$$$$$$$$ from Watertown rink.  Someone needs to explain how year after year, games end up in this rink when so many superior facilites are available all over MA. ps; even more on # 8:  she was tossed out of the game midway thru the 3rd period for throwing her stick, and sent to the lockerroom.  Lo and behold, there she is back on the ice just 2 minutes later.  GREAT JOB COACH. have looked at the tape of the entire game....kid committed penalty after penalty.........and how about this:  this little darling is just a 9th grader. !!! Metro, guess you missed the 12-2 penalties at that game out in Framingham and the seperated shoulder on the check from behind; all this happening after the Framingham squad was soundly defeated in the playoffs the year before, but, with the Framingham staff begging our people to bring our team out to Framingham, thats what we got.  And metro, because your not from our team, you cannot appreciate how many places the team has gone "because the team was asked to come and play them"  and then be totally hacked and abused when the team shows up.  Its like:  Why the heck do we keep playing these teams ?????????????// when we could play the top teams and not risk injury to bs play, or be treated with respect and kindness; like the Hingham coaches treating for pizza and drinks after the game. Folks.........the program has gone a bunch of games without a loss and we do not tolerate bs from our players or parents, neither should you.  Our coaches will not allow it, our school will not allow it, and neither will our parents.  Its called accountability.   Players want to act up, your gone, parents want to act up, you will held accountable; by the entire team.   and finally, how about Paycheck asking for good sportsmanship BEFORE a game was even played..........with the fantasy that he scrumm team coming in would not bring in the repeat performance.  Thank goodness, they are just about all eliminated......with no cheap injuries.  
    Posted by Paycheck4[/QUOTE]
    Again, I am asking if you have tape please post it, and as Hockey mom said different group of girls few holdovers. As far as the SMH playing everywhere good for them, give every little SMH wanabe program a chance at knocking off the champs. I hope for your sake you have this much say in your daughters college team as well maybe they can add you as a consultant. PR maybe. When you come down off the Charlie Sheen drug read some of your posts and realize you are wound little tight. It's time to let your girls team alone there is no money involved here. Have fun the playoffs are here this is why you play the game.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Yes this is 2 straight years of terrible draws for the Hingham team. Last year they definitely were the 2nd best team and forced to play St. Marys early in what should of been the final game. Both years would have been better to have them on the side with Woburn and let those 2 teams battle it out to see who gets to play St. Marys. That Sportsdad must have a lucky coin.What's bigger? Being the team that beats St. Marys and ends the 100 game streak or taking the State title? I'll take either one.... One more chance for Hingham...Lend me that coin Sportsdad....
    cheer up larry.your getting another shot at the streak and beating a team that hasnt lost in 100 games will get more attention than the state title.. everyone wants that chance and you got the next shot.... you lucky dog////

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]bobbie,i have taken my meds.thats mean spirted,but o.k.
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]
    Guess you never watched cuckoo's nest!  Penalty what team are you following, medford?
    by the way this was it for me, moving on next year sorry to say,so you'll have to pass that "goodluck" to another AHS follower. sad its over but its been fun.

As far as Hingham vs. SMH, this might be the best game if Hingham comes to play.

Bob

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HockeyDad70. Show HockeyDad70's posts

Fontbonne 3 Walpole 2 in OT.
    Good game, first half Fontbonne controlled the play, but Walpole was better in the 2nd half.  Walpole scored a big goal with 40 seconds left in teh 2nd to cut the score to 2-1, then scored middway through the 3rd to tie it.  Had a few opportunities to win the game, including just before Fontbonne ended it.
    TS was pretty darn good, but IMHO the best player on the ice was on Walpole.
    Congrats Ducks.  Good luck against Norwood.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

As far as Hingham vs. SMH, this might be the best game if Hingham comes to play.

Bob, are you saying HHS did not "come to play" in either of the first 2 meetings ?   hhmmmmm.  That Hingham rink was rocking with rabid <respectful> fans on the last visit.....

The first game was pretty close, the second not so close.  Seems like teams play their best first time around, second time, no so much.....

** Good thing is, low probability of cheap stuff...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Larry - your team and coaches understood the rules before the season started -seedings are strictly by winning percentage. You need to win all the games win it. If you had won one of the games you lost to D2 teams you would have been on the other side of the bracket where you want to be.
    No one cares who the second best team was last year - you think the Atlanta Falcons are claiming they just got a bad draw having to play the Packers in their first game - NO. There is the winner and everyone else - Where does Hingham keep the "We think we were the second best team but lost in the semi-finals banner and trophy?"

By the way - you guys are the most popular team in Mass Girls Hockey on Thursday. Everyone wants to be the one to knock off the kingpin, but no one will care if they win the whole thing without having to beat them because Higham, Wintrop/Lynn or Braintree does it first. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Changed SMH-Hingham, Woburn-Lex to Stoneham. I guess they expect a crowd,

Bob

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

All of the complaining about better teams with low seeds because other teams have easier schedules is starting to sound like a 5 year old that had his Milky Way bar stolen.
    How do the lower tier teams get games with the top teams? Woburn plays in a league with 13 teams...so any of the middlesex teams are out. St Marys isn't going to schedule these teams because it doesn't help their progression. So you have to live with the schedule your coach makes. Hingham could have been the  2 or 3 seed if they had won more games. Woburn and AB had no problem winning their games to make the 2 and 3 seed. You can't complain about their schedule.

Paycheck, I can't believe you're crying about a game years ago. Talk about issues...Didn't you win everything that year? Physical play is a gameplan. When it gets over the top it's painful and even embarrasing to watch. Nobody want anyone to get hurt in a game that's out of hand. It's up to the officials to make sure that NEVER happens. By the way I didn't see any Shrewsbury girl go after SMH's best player on that shift...#3 was on the bench.

And what are you doing with an old video of a high school kid? Did you keep it to show the "cheap shot" years after? 

Parents are killing the sport. I saw 4 parents walking out of the rink Saturday carrying their kid's bag and stick...in HIGH SCHOOL!!! I had to clear my eyes. Parents still baby their little girl...all that does is set them up to be a baby in life. 

I read on an earlier post that neither the coach nor the parents of SMH would allow the cheap stuff to happen...they will be held accountable. Well you are a hypocrite because you are on this board "cheap-shotting" a high school girl with threats of posting a video that you kept for years. Who are you accountable to?

Your daughter's team is outstanding. Don't tarnish it with sour grapes from a game years ago.

By the way how are the pink feather sales at the GB?