EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]sorry, I was thinking of a different close one that happened a lot earlier in the game. I do remember the rocket that clanged off the post, awesome shot also did you notice the W/L players on the ice didn't really argue the call! Sad thing is, if W/L did beat Hingham, I think they'd take the title. A/B doesn't have the firepower to beat KB, only speed which will help now that they are playing Hingham with BF who looked a little shakey in the 4 periods, stood up ok in the shoot out though. One problem now is when Hinghams CC takes that shot from the point, A/B players better be ready to sacrifice their body because I doubt the 7th grader is going to have a chance stopping it. Bob
    Posted by suburbanbob[/QUOTE]

Bob,

I remember a couple of years back a 6th grade goalie stopping K Davis from Woburn's slapshot. Don't think for a minute that the AB goalie can't stop anything that Hingham has. You don't get to the finals unless you can play.

Lll of this talk about her not being able to handle it will just motivate her more. That year the Wilmington coach did an interview and made a fool of himself not knowing how she could play. He said that 6th graders shouldn't be playing with seniors and how one of his seniors had a "ferocious" slap shot... that it will scare the young players away from the game of hockey. He had no idea how she played or that she had T Brown shooting slapshots at her all year. No comparison between Brown and his player. The ingnorant comments just motivated her even more to prove that she could handle it.

This AB goalie will be able to handle anything that Hingham has. Don't overlook that. Don't motivate her any more than she is now. 

Good luck to both goalies...here's hoping it's a 0-0 tie and everyone has to come back Monday to resume play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudwife. Show mudwife's posts

[QUOTE]wah,wah,wah,blah, blah,blah,   like it or not its hingham-a.b.  i love it.  good luck to two CLASSY tesms.  soccer coach,thanks for the icing lesson wow!            welcome back bobbie. 
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudwife. Show mudwife's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 What makes AB a "classy" program? Am I missing something?

[QUOTE]wah,wah,wah,blah, blah,blah,   like it or not its hingham-a.b.  i love it.  good luck to two CLASSY tesms.  soccer coach,thanks for the icing lesson wow!            welcome back bobbie. 
    Posted by penalty[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Women's D1 final 8:15 pm on Sunday. Last game of the day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]Women's D1 final 8:15 pm on Sunday. Last game of the day!
    Posted by abgirlsfan[/QUOTE]
    Looks like they did it again. D2 final at 9:00am, D1 final at 8:15pm. What is the MIAA thinking?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katprowl17. Show Katprowl17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Looks like they did it again. D2 final at 9:00am, D1 final at 8:15pm. What is the MIAA thinking?
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

Typical move.....it all revolves around the boys...no one wants the first or last game so lets give it to the girls they are lucky to be even playing at the garden anyway right?  I would hope that the coaches of the girls would bring this up with their AD's and get this addressed....but then again if their AD's are like ours it would not go anywhere because he is just like the MIAA ~~ All for the boys and sloppy seconds for the girls!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Typical move.....it all revolves around the boys...no one wants the first or last game so lets give it to the girls they are lucky to be even playing at the garden anyway right?  I would hope that the coaches of the girls would bring this up with their AD's and get this addressed....but then again if their AD's are like ours it would not go anywhere because he is just like the MIAA ~~ All for the boys and sloppy seconds for the girls!!! 
    Posted by Katprowl17[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I knowthat the Hingham AD and the Hingham Coach along with his Assistant/Twin Brother both lobbied to get the girls game back to back as the Hingham Assistant's daughter plays on the Duxbury V.  The MIAA's response - none I am sure the MIAA is still pissed that they have to include the girls at the Garden because it costs them a lot more money as the girls don't draw as many fans.  The MIAA needs to get over it.  9:00 am and 8:15 pm is a joke
    Posted by Onrust[/QUOTE]

I'd rather watch the game at Stoneham , not big enough well ok how about Tsongas. I guess there would be a few saying "why do the boys play at the garden and not the girls"! But if the Girls High School coaches agree to play elsewhere, why not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I'd rather watch the game at Stoneham , not big enough well ok how about Tsongas. I guess there would be a few saying "why do the boys play at the garden and not the girls"! But if the Girls High School coaches agree to play elsewhere, why not?

the problem was the parent from SMH with the dogs had her mug all over the news complaining that the girls had to play at Harvard while the boys play at TD Bank. It should always be played at Harvard. Perfect place with better ice than the Garden.

I know 75 teams that would play that game at the Ice Huts in Dracut if they had to.

Hopefully the MIAA doesn't see this, they may change it to Dracut. it's only $285 an hour

Another instance where parents ruined it for the kids.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

.bravo,end.you mean it really isnt about the parents?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : I'd rather watch the game at Stoneham , not big enough well ok how about Tsongas. I guess there would be a few saying "why do the boys play at the garden and not the girls"! But if the Girls High School coaches agree to play elsewhere, why not?

Hi Bob,
    I agree there are better venues for the fans. But I think (could be wrong) most of the girls would rather play at "The Garden". It just gives the game that big game feel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : the problem was the parent from SMH with the dogs had her mug all over the news complaining that the girls had to play at Harvard while the boys play at TD Bank. It should always be played at Harvard. Perfect place with better ice than the Garden. I know 75 teams that would play that game at the Ice Huts in Dracut if they had to. Hopefully the MIAA doesn't see this, they may change it to Dracut. it's only $285 an hour Another instance where parents ruined it for the kids.
    Posted by endofroad[/QUOTE]

"If they had to", but why should they have to. The girls should be given the same opportunity as the boys. If that means the MIAA has to shell out a few more bucks, then so be it

"Another instance where parents ruined it for the kids.", I guess this is your opinion and you are welcome to it. But I think this is a case where the parents made it better for the kids.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

ghockeyfan, Ya I know your right, if anybody had a choice/chance to play at the Garden they'd take it without a doubt.
    One peice of gossip that I've heard, it was about the time, there was no way they were scheduling the 1A finals at 8:15pm, it was gossip but who knows!!

Endofroad, are you serious an hr. goes for $285.00 at the "ice dump"??

Bob

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from penalty. Show penalty's posts

bobbie, i think he meant $28.50.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

I think this game should be played either directly before or directly after the boys D1 game. Just as the D2 games both boys and girls should be paired together and the same thing for whatever other divisions are playing on Sunday. The last game of the night shows a complete lack of respect by the MIAA for the girls and their fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

My daughter wouldn't have cared what time as long as she was playing at the garden for the finals!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Downtown11. Show Downtown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : "If they had to", but why should they have to. The girls should be given the same opportunity as the boys. If that means the MIAA has to shell out a few more bucks, then so be it "Another instance where parents ruined it for the kids.", I guess this is your opinion and you are welcome to it. But I think this is a case where the parents made it better for the kids.
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]
    any chance you can sneak them dogs in for the girls final. should be plenty of seats and the guards could be caught offguard and sleeping...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calgary-flame. Show calgary-flame's posts

I just wish someone could get through to the MIAA. Everybody knows at your HS you've got to give the same to the girls as the boys. Like ice time for example or it's a "Title 9" issue. The MIAA is such a joke for doing this. How about the future(girls youth hockey)be able to go watch 2 games back to back. I understand the boys Div 1a game is on TV and alot of people go,but why do the girls go 2nd to boys Div 1,2 and 3??? Hopefully next year coaches come together and make sure the MIAA doesn't control the girls tourney. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

maybe that "lady with the dogs" can picket outside the garden Sunday with a sign demanding equal oppoutunity for the girls citing the awful times and split games......bet she would be all over the news......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cager. Show cager's posts

This is not the first year of this set-up.  It's the third year.

The MIAA is an association of schools.  It is run by school administrators.  There is a BOD, and multiple committees.  All is posted online.  

That a coach or two "lobbies" their opinion a few days before an event, has little bearing on decisions already made by committees many months ago.   

The lady and her dogs had no bearing on the decisions either.

There are five active girls coaches that have been on the bench at the Garden.  I've only talked with three, but all would rather not play there.  Harvard is their choice.

IMHO, the games should be back to back. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paycheck4. Show Paycheck4's posts

imho, the garden & HARVARD& Tsongas are a bore.  fans too far away.  Merrimac College, Salem State College......much closer to the action, much more exciting....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PassMeThePuck. Show PassMeThePuck's posts

[QUOTE]This is not the first year of this set-up.  It's the third year. The MIAA is an association of schools.  It is run by school administrators.  There is a BOD, and multiple committees.  All is posted online.   That a coach or two "lobbies" their opinion a few days before an event, has little bearing on decisions already made by committees many months ago.    The lady and her dogs had no bearing on the decisions either. There are five active girls coaches that have been on the bench at the Garden.  I've only talked with three, but all would rather not play there.  Harvard is their choice. IMHO, the games should be back to back. 
    Posted by cager[/QUOTE]

Why should the boys be stuck playing at the garden? They should be allowed to play at Harvard too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : well end you really need to take a lesson from paycheck and ghockeyfan. they lost sucked it up said great job to all and moved on. its the end of the road man and the far superior team won. it would have been a shame after that dominance if hingham had lost just due to a great goalie.. and if u think the miaa is going to add another ref for a girls game u gotta be crazy...
    Posted by Downtown11[/QUOTE]

BREAKING NEWS...

WINTHROP BEATS HINGHAM 4-3 IN OT...FILM AT 11 VIA YOUTUBE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedixiepucks. Show thedixiepucks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Why should the boys be stuck playing at the garden? They should be allowed to play at Harvard too.
    Posted by PassMeThePuck[/QUOTE]

excellent post-lol   as to venue, I have a daughter playing tomorrow and its all about the gawden! it totally adds to the excitement level

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Couple of things....

First of all. Congratulations to Hingham and Duxbury on theirs state championships wins. Also, congratulations to AB and Fontbonne on having great seasons and making it to the finals.

Next, thanks to all of you. You all helped make the discussions on the forum fun and interesting. Granted some people more than others Cool, but thats kind of what this forum is all about. Different strokes. If nothing else, it shows you all have a passion for Girls Hockey.

Finally, although I won't have a "horse in the race" next year, I still hope to drop in from time to time to stir things up.

Have a great Softbal/Lacrosse/Other Spring Sport season. See you next year.