EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011

Billerica-3 Springfield Cathedral-1

Sounds like it was an interesting game.
    Did Springfield Cath. loose a lot of players, seems like they were ranked a top 10 team last year?

I saw that the Globe newspaper had the top 20 ranked, not sure how accurate it is since on there web site, they had Woburn beating Lex 3-1!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofroad. Show endofroad's posts

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011:
    [QUOTE]Billerica-3 Springfield Cathedral-1 Sounds like it was an interesting game. Did Springfield Cath. loose a lot of players, seems like they were ranked a top 10 team last year? I saw that the Globe newspaper had the top 20 ranked, not sure how accurate it is since on there web site, they had Woburn beating Lex 3-1!
    Posted by wtcash[/QUOTE]

Couldn't happen to a better team. They were the cheapest team by far last year. Can't wait to get them this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

Dboard post has MIAA sending representatives to run tryouts for Barnstable due to parent complaints...and the coach responded by resigning along with her staff. A sad situation on the Cape if true...here is a link to another article:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/barnstable/news/x205736733/Barnstable-girls-hockey-program-reeling

Lexington came out with something to prove, and Woburn never matched their intensity. We'll see how the team responds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

Final from yesterday afternoon

Fontbonne 3  AB 1

Wasnt at the game so I cant provide any details other than what I was told. Sounded like neither team played particularly well, Fontbonne took adantage of more of the opportunities they had.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

Looks like the Middlesex league will be as competitive as always!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : GHF: As you know SMH lost a lot of depth, They still have a wealth of Talent.  Your comment about finishing I figure would be their problen early in the season until the players are comfortable in their roles.  You do have arguably the fastest skaters in Girls hockey, Coach P will be challanged to find 2 players who can keep up with "SI".  If you are going to get to SMH you best do it early in the year, I think when the players that have been role players the last couple of years get comfortable in their consistant and extended playing time they will show they are still the team to beat.  See you next week.
    Posted by Icing-2[/QUOTE]

Hi Icing,
    I hope you are right about SMH getting better as the season goes on. Right now, as you implied, they are vulnerable. I guess AC has it's own problems to worry about but it should still be a great game on Wednesday. See you there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

Lex. plays Wakefield tomorrow night, I thought I saw Wakefield ranked @ 5-8 in todays Globe, is that right, not sure why they are in the top 10!

I saw a few surprises early on this season, most from the Middlesex and as icing-2 says they seem to be the strongest div.
    Lex. of course(crowds their slot and has speed), Watertown actually looked like a good skating team and one more is Duxbury(saw many skaters in the NEGHL) even though they got the "L" vs SMH.

[QUOTE]Looks like the Middlesex league will be as competitive as always!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

AC player out for 2 games for punching, Hmmm wonder how the ND player made our for kicking??Bet they didn't write it up as a kick!

bob

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danajim. Show danajim's posts

Hello everyone.  just learned about this forum.  my daughter is a senior on the newton south girls' team--the tiniest team in Dual County League--almost have 2 lines! but they are very feisty...well, maybe Weston-Wayland is smaller, will have to see...yes good luck to us all, and may we stay realistic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]Hello everyone.  just learned about this forum.  my daughter is a senior on the newton south girls' team--the tiniest team in Dual County League--almost have 2 lines! but they are very feisty...well, maybe Weston-Wayland is smaller, will have to see...yes good luck to us all, and may we stay realistic!
    Posted by danajim[/QUOTE]

DJ,
    Newton S. looked good vs. Arlington, like you said a feisty bunch for sure! Won a lot of battles in the corners,which surprised the players.

bob

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Question for you Spy Ponders out there....

I am seeing 3 names for the rink or rinks in Arlington.

Ed Burns Arena
    Arlington Sports Center
    and Veterans Memorial Rink

Are these all the same place on Summer Street? Or is there a rink out there that I have not been to yet?

THX GHF

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]Question for you Spy Ponders out there.... I am seeing 3 names for the rink or rinks in Arlington. Ed Burns Arena Arlington Sports Center and Veterans Memorial Rink Are these all the same place on Summer Street? Or is there a rink out there that I have not been to yet? THX GHF
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

All the same place!!

This will help
    http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/hockey/articles/2010/12/19/arlington_honors_hockey_coach_for_50_years_of_service/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]Question for you Spy Ponders out there.... I am seeing 3 names for the rink or rinks in Arlington. Ed Burns Arena Arlington Sports Center and Veterans Memorial Rink Are these all the same place on Summer Street? Or is there a rink out there that I have not been to yet? THX GHF
    Posted by ghockeyfan[/QUOTE]

The Eddie Burns Arena and Veterans Rink only make us think we have 2 rinks. so now they can raise our taxes and Athletic Fee, Oh they've already done that!

nevermind!

bob

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Saturday: Framingham 5 Weymouth 4.  One of those days for our goalie, poor kid, scored 3 on herself in last 5 mins of the game. Am sure she'll bounce back and be fine though. Lines still being played with, changes throughout all 3 games so far, one of the forward lines that they tested out Saturday seemed to be clicking pretty well.  We'll see if they keep them together later today against Belmont.  So frustrating knowing the depth the girls could have had if there was support from the school on using a waiver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

If Hingham plays Hamden CT, how is that game factored into their MIAA results?

Saturday Scores From Herald:

BAY STATE: Braintree 3, Newton North 0Norwood 5, Milton 0Wellesley 5, Dedham 3Walpole 2, Natick 0Framingham 5, Weymouth 4
    CAL/NEC: Winthrop/Lynn 5, Everett 0 … Beverly/Gloucester at Masconomet/N. Andover, 8
    CATHOLIC CENTRAL: St. Mary’s 8, Archbishop Williams 0
    CATHOLIC CONFERENCE: Ursuline 9, Notre Dame (H) 4
    CENTRAL: Gardner/St. B’s 1, Springfield Cathedral 0
    DCL/MVC: Billerica 5, Westford Academy 3 Acton-Boxboro 4, Concord-Carlisle 2 Chelmsford 9, Wayland/Weston 3Lincoln-Sudbury 6, Andover 3Waltham 3, Boston Latin 2
    GREATER BOSTON: Wilmington/N. Reading 7, Cambridge/Somerville 5 … Medford at Peabody, 6
    MIDDLESEX: Watertown/Melrose 3, Reading 1Woburn 8, Belmont 0Stoneham 6, Winchester 1 … Lexington 9, Wakefield 3
    SOUTHEASTERN MASS: Barnstable 2, Martha’s Vineyard 0Duxbury 3, W-H/Pembroke 0 … Quincy/N. Quincy at Medway/Ashland, 1:50; Sandwich at Scituate, 2; Franklin 1, Westwood 0; Dover-Sherborn 1, Latin Academy 1; King Philip at Medfield, 8; Falmouth at Marshfield, 8:45
    NONLEAGUE: Hingham 4, Hamden (Conn.) 2

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

[QUOTE]If Hingham plays Hamden CT, how is that game factored into their MIAA results? Saturday Scores From Herald: BAY STATE: Braintree 3, Newton North 0 … Norwood 5, Milton 0 … Wellesley 5, Dedham 3 … Walpole 2, Natick 0 … Framingham 5, Weymouth 4 CAL/NEC: Winthrop/Lynn 5, Everett 0 … Beverly/Gloucester at Masconomet/N. Andover, 8 CATHOLIC CENTRAL: St. Mary’s 8, Archbishop Williams 0 CATHOLIC CONFERENCE: Ursuline 9, Notre Dame (H) 4 CENTRAL: Gardner/St. B’s 1, Springfield Cathedral 0 DCL/MVC: Billerica 5, Westford Academy 3 … Acton-Boxboro 4, Concord-Carlisle 2 … Chelmsford 9, Wayland/Weston 3 … Lincoln-Sudbury 6, Andover 3 … Waltham 3, Boston Latin 2 GREATER BOSTON: Wilmington/N. Reading 7, Cambridge/Somerville 5 … Medford at Peabody, 6 MIDDLESEX: Watertown/Melrose 3, Reading 1 … Woburn 8, Belmont 0 … Stoneham 6, Winchester 1 … Lexington 9, Wakefield 3 SOUTHEASTERN MASS: Barnstable 2, Martha’s Vineyard 0 … Duxbury 3, W-H/Pembroke 0 … Quincy/N. Quincy at Medway/Ashland, 1:50; Sandwich at Scituate, 2; Franklin 1, Westwood 0; Dover-Sherborn 1, Latin Academy 1 ; King Philip at Medfield, 8; Falmouth at Marshfield, 8:45 NONLEAGUE: Hingham 4, Hamden (Conn.) 2
    Posted by Sportsdad23[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the scores...

Not sure about Hamden.CT, but St. Mary's is playing Bishop Guertin (NH) in January and according to their coach the game will count in their MIAA record.

BTW, Archbishop Williams scored a goal in the 3rd period vs. St. Mary's, the final was actually 8-1 (just for correctness)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

If Hingham plays Hamden CT, how is that game factored into their MIAA results?

It counts in the MIAA record

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : If Hingham plays Hamden CT, how is that game factored into their MIAA results? It counts in the MIAA record

Thanks Icing, and the surprise out of the gate so far has to be Billerica:

http://www.masshshockey.com/rankings.html?did=F

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icing-2. Show Icing-2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Thanks Icing, and the surprise out of the gate so far has to be Billerica: http://www.masshshockey.com/rankings.html?did=F
    Stoneham with their 6-1 drubbing of the defending D2 Champion Winchester has the eyeopener for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Thanks Icing, and the surprise out of the gate so far has to be Billerica: http://www.masshshockey.com/rankings.html?did=F

Sportsdad23,
    I know a few players and if the rest of the team feeds off these 2, Billerica will be a very strong team, getting stronger after each win!! Good luck to them, they've earned it,

S.Bob

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from suburbanbob. Show suburbanbob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Stoneham with their 6-1 drubbing of the defending D2 Champion Winchester has the eyeopener for me.
    Another Middlesex team, can't wait "till next year when the ponders join,will be fun. But lets get through this year first, we got LS tomorrow night.
    a long waited 2nd game!

S.Bob

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2010-2011 : Stoneham with their 6-1 drubbing of the defending D2 Champion Winchester has the eyeopener for me.

No surprise from Stoneham as they have some very skilled players, and will make some noise this year. Billerica has reached down for 7th graders due to lack of depth, and is still winning.

Bob,

We will see how Billerica stacks up against AC soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Can't sleep.  So I guess I will make some picks regarding today's games of note:

Springfield appears to be down this year but gets 1st win v. 1st year program Auburn.

Lexington stays hot and beats Winchester.  I don't expect blowout but I question Winchester's fire power after Michaela

Framingham also appears down and while Natick is young, they are also talented.  I'll take Natick

Algonquin/Hudson might be catching Shrewsbury at the right time.  Shrewsbury has some injury issues as well as they practice only 1 or 2 times a week.  As Shrewsbury gets health and works on funding for more ice expect them to get better.

Stoneham has a letdown after beating Winchester.  Watertown is under the radar but I like them to beat Stoneham.  Watertown beat Reading, a first in the program's history last Saturday.

Marshfield gets a real test today in Hingham.  It's pass/fail...I say fail.

Arlington and LS will be close, still think Arlington is a bit better.

Despite having a goalie, Wellesley finds a way to beat the non offensive Needham.  Wel goalie torn ACL or MCL last spring, may return later this season.

Braintree looks for a little Herget revenge, sorry Milton you're up.  Hopefully your 8th graders are ready.

UPSET ALERT UPSET ALERT: CC beats Billerica

Game of the night, not sure it ends up being a game.  Mary's rolls and they have done for the past three years.

Getting sleepy, back to bed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Probably the right pick to go with on the Fram v. Natick game. Very frustrating to know what is available for middle schoolers and not be able to have them added to the h.s. girls. What a joke it is when schools the size of Belmont and Weymouth can put out 4 lines of players and we're still walking in the door with 2 1/3 lines. Urgh. ::banging head on desk:: Saying a silent prayer from now through June that MIAA passes the middle schooler rule for next season. Unfortunately it will be too late for this years seniors, but better late then never I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsdad23. Show Sportsdad23's posts

[QUOTE]Probably the right pick to go with on the Fram v. Natick game. Very frustrating to know what is available for middle schoolers and not be able to have them added to the h.s. girls. What a joke it is when schools the size of Belmont and Weymouth can put out 4 lines of players and we're still walking in the door with 2 1/3 lines. Urgh. ::banging head on desk:: Saying a silent prayer from now through June that MIAA passes the middle schooler rule for next season. Unfortunately it will be too late for this years seniors, but better late then never I guess.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Mom,

Did Framingham elect not to file for a waiver? It looks like the MIAA rubber stamps waivers for girls hockey Middle School players, and maybe that’s not true, or we would have had CD last season.