EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blerch2727. Show blerch2727's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012

In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Are you guys going to tweet or blog all the seedings from the MIAA this year on Feb 25th? 
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]

Yes. Jim Clark does the live chat from the Super 8 selection meeting and he'll be posting the boys seeds while I sneak into the other room and grab the girls seeds. Everything will be posted ASAP on the Herald's hockey blog. Keep posted on Twitter also, as I'm sure we'll put everything up there as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghockeyfan. Show ghockeyfan's posts

Great recap Bruce, sounded like a great game to watch....

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/14070/recap-no-1-duxbury-2-no-3-st-marys-2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

nice last couple of games for Duxbury, who said they had a soft schedule and could not compete with the better teams

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Its been said before but I'll repeat it.  The best in D2 can compete with the best in D1.  I think they should eliminate the Divisions.  

From what I see there are 79 teams combined in D1/D2.  This year it looks like ther will be 20 or so in each divisional tournament.  If there were 1 division, they could easily create a Super 8 or Super 16 tournament and a regular tournament.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]nice last couple of games for Duxbury, who said they had a soft schedule and could not compete with the better teams
    Posted by hockeydad2012[/QUOTE]
    Hi HD -
    I said Duxbury had a soft ("cupcake") schedule, up until the last 2 games, and I'll stand by it.  Although, I never said that they could not compete against "better" (D1) teams.  I agree with the next post that they should do away with the divisions which would put an end to the controversy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krmdside. Show krmdside's posts

In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Should reveal that Duxbury is overrated!  I predict Duxbury loses both games. Posted by Go Beez[/QUOTE] Beez, sure sounds to me like you thought they couldn't win vs top D1 teams per your above quote. Still think they are overrated?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtcash. Show wtcash's posts

I deleted my previous post, because its like beating a dead horse. So I'm moving on by saying that there are some very good tilts today, starting with Lexington vs Hingham and Canton vs Wellesley followed by Watertown vs Belmont, then topping the day off with a local rival Arlington Catholic vs Arlington.
    Also this week, there are a few desparate teams looking to get a point or more in order to make the tournament,including two in the Cougar Classic Red Div, good luck to all.

WT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012": Beez, sure sounds to me like you thought they couldn't win vs top D1 teams per your above quote. Still think they are overrated?
    Posted by krmdside[/QUOTE]

i do

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sleeper3. Show sleeper3's posts

[QUOTE]nice last couple of games for Duxbury, who said they had a soft schedule and could not compete with the better teams

i did. why do they insist on staying in Div 2?
    C'MON MAN!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

They may not have a choice at this point.  It looks like the MIAA Froze the division setups for 5 years a few years back based on the info on the MIAA website with respect to girls Hockey and Girls and Boys Tennis teams.  Might have been too much division hopping going on. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

all about the title and winning not the compeitition

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

[QUOTE]all about the title and winning not the compeitition

Sleeper and Hockeydad, you guys are all killing me.  They can't move.  MIAA has frozen the division setup.  Dux just beat Hingham 3-0 and then had StM 2-0 eventually ending up 2-2. 

See my earlier post.  There should not be D1 or D2 in Girls Hockey.  A single division with a Super 8 (or 16) style format would be a great way make sure that the best teams end up playing for the Super title and the rest of the division still has something to play for.  

Just because I can, here is my Super 16 in alpha order.  Later I'll post an order.
    Acton-Boxboro
    Arlington
    Arlington Catholic
    Belmont
    Braintree
    Chelmsford
    Duxbury
    Fontbonne
    Hingham
    Lexington
    Norwood
    St. Mary's
    Walpole
    Wellesley
    Winthrop/Lynn
    Woburn

This would definitely put an end to the "who's best BS"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Sleeper and Hockeydad, you guys are all killing me.  They can't move.  MIAA has frozen the division setup.  Dux just beat Hingham 3-0 and then had StM 2-0 eventually ending up 2-2.  See my earlier post.  There should not be D1 or D2 in Girls Hockey.  A single division with a Super 8 (or 16) style format would be a great way make sure that the best teams end up playing for the Super title and the rest of the division still has something to play for.   Just because I can, here is my Super 16 in alpha order.  Later I'll post an order. Acton-Boxboro Arlington Arlington Catholic Belmont Braintree Chelmsford Duxbury Fontbonne Hingham Lexington Norwood St. Mary's Walpole Wellesley Winthrop/Lynn Woburn This would definitely put an end to the "who's best BS"
    Posted by BSHockeyParent[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012": Beez, sure sounds to me like you thought they couldn't win vs top D1 teams per your above quote. Still think they are overrated?
    Posted by krmdside[/QUOTE]

Yes, Duxbury is overrated in all but the masshshockey.com ratings.  I was 25% right!  They were playing on emotion; if they played D1 quality teams all year (like they should have) they never would have sustained an undefeated season.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Yes, Duxbury is overrated in all but the masshshockey.com ratings.  I was 25% right!  They were playing on emotion; if they played D1 quality teams all year (like they should have) they never would have sustained an undefeated season.   
    Posted by Go Beez[/QUOTE]

MassHockey rating are total BS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : MassHockey rating are total BS.
    You're entitled to your opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blerch2727. Show blerch2727's posts

Been spinning wheels for the last two weeks on boys Super 8 possibilities and still can't stop changing my mind so to take a break I decided to try and mock up a girls Super 8, just for fun.

1. Duxbury
    2. Acton-Boxboro
    3. Woburn
    4. St. Mary's
    5. Hingham
    6. Arlington Catholic

I'm guessing we can all agree on the top 6 'seeded' teams in some order. Now...who gets into the play-in games? Based purely on my own polls, I'm picking four of the following:

Watch List: Chelmsford, Westford Academy, Lexington & Winthrop/Lynn, along with D2 teams Walpole & Belmont

Keeping in mind JUST FOR FUN, who would you take? Am I missing anyone?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from peaceonearth. Show peaceonearth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Sleeper and Hockeydad, you guys are all killing me.  They can't move.  MIAA has frozen the division setup.  Dux just beat Hingham 3-0 and then had StM 2-0 eventually ending up 2-2.  See my earlier post.  There should not be D1 or D2 in Girls Hockey.  A single division with a Super 8 (or 16) style format would be a great way make sure that the best teams end up playing for the Super title and the rest of the division still has something to play for.   Just because I can, here is my Super 16 in alpha order.  Later I'll post an order. Acton-Boxboro Arlington Arlington Catholic Belmont Braintree Chelmsford Duxbury Fontbonne Hingham Lexington Norwood St. Mary's Walpole Wellesley Winthrop/Lynn Woburn This would definitely put an end to the "who's best BS"

BSHP, could not agree more.  The endless diatribe of D1 vs D2 should be and could be eliminated.  MIAA, if you are listening, start working on this NOW.  Probably will take a year to work out the details.  And to Blerch, hard to say who should be the other 2 teams in your "hypothetical" girls super 8 but I would not count out the D2 teams.  Good luck to all the girls in the tournament!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

[QUOTE]Been spinning wheels for the last two weeks on boys Super 8 possibilities and still can't stop changing my mind so to take a break I decided to try and mock up a girls Super 8, just for fun. 1. Duxbury 2. Acton-Boxboro 3. Woburn 4. St. Mary's 5. Hingham 6. Arlington Catholic I'm guessing we can all agree on the top 6 'seeded' teams in some order. Now...who gets into the play-in games? Based purely on my own polls, I'm picking four of the following: Watch List: Chelmsford, Westford Academy, Lexington & Winthrop/Lynn, along with D2 teams Walpole & Belmont Keeping in mind JUST FOR FUN, who would you take? Am I missing anyone?
    Posted by blerch2727[/QUOTE]

Bruce - I cannot argue with the first six and the order of them - might swap 1/2, or 3/4 but they work out fine as those pairs end up on opposite sides either way. For the rest I would go.

7 vs. 10 - Walpole vs. Lexington
    8 vs. 9 - Westford Academy vs. Chelmsford

Those on the ouside:
    Winthrop/Lynn has signature win vs. St. Mary's but lost to both Westford Academy and Chelmsford - giving them the nod over W/L.
    Belmont - tough one here, it came down to them finishing third in the ML large and Lexington finishing second and having all their losses against teams on the list being considered. Having them play Walpole with the good record/weakest schedule seemed the fair way to do it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsoxbs. Show patsoxbs's posts

Question for the MIAA experts out there.  Putting together the Herald's Bracketology, updated for subsequent games as shown on MassHSHockey, can we now accurately predict tournament opponents--or at least some of them?  Do this week's tournaments factor in to winning percentage, and therefore the order of the seeding?  For instance, Sandwich lost 5-0 (!) to Ursuline today, does that get included in their win % for seeding, even though it's their 21st game?  If not, Falmouth (7)  vs. Wellesley (10) and Dedham vs. Sandwich (both T-8th) look like match-ups. If the game counts, however, Sandwich and Wellesley would be subject to coin flip, etc. and therefore the order will change over the course of this week, and we can't know the match-ups yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodtime19. Show goodtime19's posts

Pats if you scroll up on this message board you will see the answer to your questions.  Quick answer is yes these games still count towards win percenatage and as for the over 20 games that should be answered in the older posts above.  Coin flips for any teams with same win percentage.  Most of games will be set by Friday night and officially announcements are Saturday.

I think Woburn is going to finish with number 1 seed.  I think the will beat Medway and AB.  I think AB is going 0-2 against Mary's and Woburn.

Could see Hingham losing to Duxbury and finishing with a 9 seed and getting Watertown preliminary round.  I think Watertown could go 0-2 against Mary's and Lynn down stretch and get 24 seed

Top 6 teams get a bye; my projected 1-6
    Woburn
    Acton-Boxboro
    Westford Academy
    St Marys Lynn
    Arlington Catholic
    Winthrop/Lynn

D2 according to @In_the_Slot's brackets got to love Belmont's road.  They should be in the final 4.
    Norwood has a tough road as they have Westwood or Canton.
    Duxbury - Walpole for D2 championship?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

[QUOTE]Pats if you scroll up on this message board you will see the answer to your questions.  Quick answer is yes these games still count towards win percenatage and as for the over 20 games that should be answered in the older posts above.  Coin flips for any teams with same win percentage.  Most of games will be set by Friday night and officially announcements are Saturday. I think Woburn is going to finish with number 1 seed.  I think the will beat Medway and AB.  I think AB is going 0-2 against Mary's and Woburn. Could see Hingham losing to Duxbury and finishing with a 9 seed and getting Watertown preliminary round.  I think Watertown could go 0-2 against Mary's and Lynn down stretch and get 24 seed Top 6 teams get a bye; my projected 1-6 Woburn Acton-Boxboro Westford Academy St Marys Lynn Arlington Catholic Winthrop/Lynn D2 according to @In_the_Slot's brackets got to love Belmont's road.  They should be in the final 4. Norwood has a tough road as they have Westwood or Canton. Duxbury - Walpole for D2 championship?
    Posted by goodtime19[/QUOTE]

Interesting that A/B would play the extra game, have games against St. Mary's and Fontbonne and choose to exclude the Fontbonne game and not the St. Mary's game. If they had done it the other way around they would have the 1 seed wrapped up already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2011-2012 : Interesting that A/B would play the extra game, have games against St. Mary's and Fontbonne and choose to exclude the Fontbonne game and not the St. Mary's game. If they had done it the other way around they would have the 1 seed wrapped up already.
    Posted by shoot2score[/QUOTE]
    AB does it the right way as a D1 team; exclude the D2 game in which they wiped out Fontbonne 9-0 and include the tougher D1 St. Mary's game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

I think Belmont surprises everyone and goes to finals and upsets Duxbury. Stong team that has played some very good teams and proven they can compete with the best.Goalie is maybe their soft spot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSHockeyParent. Show BSHockeyParent's posts

Beez - how do you really feel about D1 v D2.  You are like an annoying 6 year old who just doesn't know when to stop.  I should do the research but my gut tells me that 9 out of 10 or your posts complains about Dux being over rated, diss'ing D2 or a combination of both. Enough already, we get it.