EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013

Why no chatter lately.    One of best hockey games ever played in Chelmsford today, best two girls D1 teams in Massachusetts, Woburn and St. Marys.   Teams were SO evenly matched, it took a 10 round shootout to determine the winner.        Coaching on both sides are amazing.    It could have gone either way,  but SM won.   8th Grader scored for SM in a shootout.     Congrats to SM players and staff.   SM continues to dominate.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

SM continues to find a way to win may be the more appropriate statement. :Dominate: implies they are still destroying every team they play as in years past, which is simply not the case. It's a shame that these two teams ended up on the same side of the bracket, they are both truly 2 of the best in the State.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwc1904. Show bwc1904's posts

Great games yesterday--why the lack of coverage here on Boston.com?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Congrats to StM, heck of a game, based on all the write-ups.  I really expect them to beat AC in the final this time and it might not even be that close.  (Hot goalies not withstanding).   Its a bummer for Woburn thou.  That also means that when you combine the two games together (first meeting was a 2-2 tie), the difference after all that play was one shot in a 10 round shoot out.

Shoot outs are annoying, but frankly, how long might those two teams have matched up and continued playing when they blanked each other in the OT.  Heck even the World Cup will boil down to PK's at some point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeychrishna. Show hockeychrishna's posts

I hate shootouts to decide a teams' season.  Not fair. Just book 3 hours of ice in case you need it.  MIAA pays very little for the rinks and get hundreds at the door, making a tidy profit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobky. Show wobky's posts

Congrats to Woburn's Kayla Smith she is truly one of the best players that has played for the public schools. She had over 250 points and did that in only 4 yrs on a public school team! Best of luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to wobky's comment:

Congrats to Woburn's Kayla Smith she is truly one of the best players that has played for the public schools. She had over 250 points and did that in only 4 yrs on a public school team! Best of luck!

Yes, congrats Kayla and the rest of the Woburn team, great season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blerch2727. Show blerch2727's posts

Hi everyone - wanted to drop in and point you all toward video highlights I put together from Sunday's D1 girls semifinals. I posted them up on my YouTube page...enjoy!

St. Mary's-Woburn highlights

Arlington Catholic-Westford Academy highlights

I hope I see you all for the live chat Sunday morning - Bruce

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Beez. Show Go Beez's posts

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:

Congrats to StM, heck of a game, based on all the write-ups.  I really expect them to beat AC in the final this time and it might not even be that close.  (Hot goalies not withstanding).   Its a bummer for Woburn thou.  That also means that when you combine the two games together (first meeting was a 2-2 tie), the difference after all that play was one shot in a 10 round shoot out.

Shoot outs are annoying, but frankly, how long might those two teams have matched up and continued playing when they blanked each other in the OT.  Heck even the World Cup will boil down to PK's at some point.

Very fitting to see showboat, classless Woburn lose!  Did Woburn score on any of their 10 shootout attempts?  Looks like their coach needs to work on that aspect of their game!  As for AC vs SM matchup, I'll go with AC;  #17 and #26 are exceptional players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlesextoday. Show Middlesextoday's posts

and your team got knocked out when?  Also I thought you were one of those oldtimers...your kid still playing college hockey?  I think Woburn played GO BAAAAEZ...this year..how did that work out?  If you were at game...funny but AB was nothing but cheapshots all game long...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Go Beez's comment:

In response to PetefromNorthofBoston's comment:

Very fitting to see showboat, classless Woburn lose!  Did Woburn score on any of their 10 shootout attempts?  Looks like their coach needs to work on that aspect of their game!  As for AC vs SM matchup, I'll go with AC;  #17 and #26 are exceptional players.

Who's talking about classless?  Re-read your comment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bwc1904. Show bwc1904's posts

This is NOT a repsonse to the previous few messages--just trying to highlight the disparity between the girls and boys coverage.  I think it's time to take down:

Woburn girls favored to win Division 1 hockey title

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spj8. Show spj8's posts

In response to bwc1904's comment:

This is NOT a repsonse to the previous few messages--just trying to highlight the disparity between the girls and boys coverage.  I think it's time to take down:

Couldn't agree wth you more, not to mention Division 1 girls plays at 9am Sunday. Lowest division, regardless of boys or girls, should get the early slot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pp29. Show pp29's posts

Why does St. Marys have 8th graders playing?  Are all the girls programs allowed to use 8th graders?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sudco. Show sudco's posts

In response to pp29's comment:

Why does St. Marys have 8th graders playing?  Are all the girls programs allowed to use 8th graders?

They are allowed to use 6th, 7th, and 8th graders if they cannot draw enough 9th-12th graders to form a team.  My daughter's team had four 7th graders and three 8th graders this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to bwc1904's comment:

boston globe has been thin with girls coverage in general.   Its too bad because its great hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Why?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pp29. Show pp29's posts

In response to Hockeychix's comment:

Why?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Teams that use 6th-8th graders for the most part are looking for girls that can at least play hockey.There are plenty of girls that try ice hockey for the first time when they reach High School but are not varsity level players and never will be. I think most people would agree that hockey maybe the only sport where you have to start early in order to at least compete at the varsity level.Many girls programs have trouble with numbers of girls playing from one year to the next. just my own thoughts on the use of 6th-8th graders.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeydad2012. Show hockeydad2012's posts

Each school must ask for a wiaver and  explain why they need to use non High School players and be approved by there league ADs and the MIAA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pp29. Show pp29's posts

In response to hockeydad2012's comment:

Each school must ask for a wiaver and  explain why they need to use non High School players and be approved by there league ADs and the MIAA

thanks hd didn't know and or why

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scooter8. Show Scooter8's posts

Re: EMASS Girls Hockey 2012-2013 DUXBURY

Congratulations to Duxbury. Once again THE BEST girls public high school team in the state. Falmouth right there too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

In response to Scooter8's comment:

Congratulations to Duxbury. Once again THE BEST girls public high school team in the state. Falmouth right there too. 

Congrats to St. Mary's Girls Hockey team, Division I Champions, five state championships in last six years, that is quite a hockey program, obviously the best in D1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoot2score. Show shoot2score's posts

Might be time to step it up to D1? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeychix. Show Hockeychix's posts

Congrat on your "D2" win.