EMASS H.S. Softball 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Re: EMASS H.S. Softball 2013

Yah, if Natick gets past their Preliminary, they get Milford. Not fun that early! Better them than us! LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

In response to Hockeymomsrule's comment:

Yah, if Natick gets past their Preliminary, they get Milford. Not fun that early! Better them than us! LOL

It looks like Weymouth got a good draw.  I think they have a good shot to make it to the Semi-finals for S1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Yah they did, I think we would have been in a better place if we lost the coin toss and ended up with the 3 seed instead of 2. Oh well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to NNDad's comment:

And, how is Waltham in the tournament with a 0.450 percentage.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it is because they had finished 2nd in their side of the conference after Concord-Carlisle, which guarantees them an automatic bid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I agree, Milford appears to be the best team in D-1 EMass. B-R, despite being undefeated hasn't played the same competition as Milford, but it will be an interesting matchup if they meet in the EMass final.

*correction..B-R and Milford can only meet in the sectional final, not sure why I had thought Milford was in the North, probably being a new team from Central Mass threw me off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

Re: EMASS H.S. Softball 2013 BR Luckily Escapes KP and Taunton Roll on

BR narrowly escaped a loss today against DR.  The DR ladies had the lead 4 - 3 going into the Bottom of the 7th, but the cardiac kids from BR pulled it out in the end....5 - 4. BR also narrowly escaped Weymouth in the last regular season game  4 - 2.  

This sets up a quarter final game against the red hot Taunton Tigers.  The Tigers staged an incredible 7th inning comeback of their own against Coyle Cassidy over Memorial Day weekend, scoring 4  7th inning  runs against the tough Warriors....then followed that up with a  2 - 0 win over N Attleboro.  This gives Taunton High 2 wins vs KP, 2 Wins vs N Attleboro, a win vs Coyle Cassidy and a win vs DR.  Big matchup on Monday when Milford and king Phillip meet up.  

Tough day for the Baystate Conf. with Weymouth, Norwood, and Framingham going down, but NN lives on.  Also a big win for Dedham against a High seeded Norton team....Dedham's 10 - 1 win is a statement on Norton schedule.  

Interesting day in D 2 South with Fairhaven, Hopkinton, and E Bridgewater going down.  Nice win for the very well coached Stang team, and a great tourney so far for the strong EAC conference with only Marthas Vineyard and Feehan eliminated and Somerset Berkley, Stang and Coyle still alive.

In my opinon the MIAA has to start taking strength of scedule into account, at east in D1, when making the seedings. Two of the top 4 teams in the state are going to lose on Monday, then the winners in the top brackets of D1 South  are going to roll over the other bottom Brackets.  I realize you have to beat everybody any way to win...but THS and NA should not have met in rd 1 etc 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

Norm Beauchemin KP - Thumbs Up

Sounds like minor stuff, but Tough decisions either way before the Norwood game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

BISHOP FEEHAN COACH - Thumbs Down.

Completely throwing team under the bus in Attleboro Newspapers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

In response to MikeCage's comment:

BR narrowly escaped a loss today against DR.  The DR ladies had the lead 4 - 3 going into the Bottom of the 7th, but the cardiac kids from BR pulled it out in the end....5 - 4. BR also narrowly escaped Weymouth in the last regular season game  4 - 2.  

This sets up a quarter final game against the red hot Taunton Tigers.  The Tigers staged an incredible 7th inning comeback of their own against Coyle Cassidy over Memorial Day weekend, scoring 4  7th inning  runs against the tough Warriors....then followed that up with a  2 - 0 win over N Attleboro.  This gives Taunton High 2 wins vs KP, 2 Wins vs N Attleboro, a win vs Coyle Cassidy and a win vs DR.  Big matchup on Monday when Milford and king Phillip meet up.  

Tough day for the Baystate Conf. with Weymouth, Norwood, and Framingham going down, but NN lives on.  Also a big win for Dedham against a High seeded Norton team....Dedham's 10 - 1 win is a statement on Norton schedule.  

Interesting day in D 2 South with Fairhaven, Hopkinton, and E Bridgewater going down.  Nice win for the very well coached Stang team, and a great tourney so far for the strong EAC conference with only Marthas Vineyard and Feehan eliminated and Somerset Berkley, Stang and Coyle still alive.

In my opinon the MIAA has to start taking strength of scedule into account, at east in D1, when making the seedings. Two of the top 4 teams in the state are going to lose on Monday, then the winners in the top brackets of D1 South  are going to roll over the other bottom Brackets.  I realize you have to beat everybody any way to win...but THS and NA should not have met in rd 1 etc 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

Agree, But any way you do it there will be controvercy. BR, Taunton , DR, NA all in the same bracket did suck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

North's pitching depth came up big against Methuen.  LS pitched two good innings before twisting her knee running out a ground out.  Hopefully it a minor injury, but she couldn't pitch anymore on Saturday.  GV came in and pitched 5 strong innings for the win.

@MikeGage - Thanks for the tournament highlights, it got me digging up the articles on the KP and BF games.  Ranking teams based on something other than win percentage gets talked about a lot with girls hockey, and girls lacrosse has implemented two different ranking strategies, one for North, South,  and Central, and a slightly different scheme for West.  I had a little trouble figuring exactly how the rankings work from the explanation in the published tournament format, but strength of schedule seems to come down to performance against other tournament teams, and in the end the seeding committee gets to rank teams.  Don't know how well received this was, but they seem to be trying.

@HMS - If its not to painful, what happened?  Any scouting info on WA would be appreciated.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

NN - not painful at all, if anything very fitting that it all ended almost exactly how the season started. Young inexperienced frosh in a position she hasn't played all year, both runs for WA scored on fumbled plays to that position. It is what it is, they also didnt help themselves in that not a single of one of their 1-7 hitters got runners around (stranded 8, including one inning  where they got bases loaded with no outs). Combination of bad decisions by players and coaches and not producing when they needed to. Comes down to this - I've said for the past 4 years these girls cannot get themselves into 1 run games that are dependant on strategic thinking by the coaches to be done on the fly. They can't do it.  Did the 2 days of brutal workouts in the heat leading up to the game play a role? Possibly. Because having them run home to home sequences until each one of them shaves at least a full second off their beginning of the season time is a brilliant idea in 98 degree heat the day before their biggest game of the season.  Still can't figure out why they were doing anything other than some relaxed throwing and BP but it is what it is. Am honestly relieved it's over. On to bigger and better things! Good luck to NN!!!

2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

oh and p.s. You guys should wipe the field with WA, the game was ours for the taking no matter what the situation was defensively. We stranded at least 8 runners that I remember, may have been more as I missed the first inning and a half. You guys should roll over them. They have a solid outfield, just hit the gaps, their pitching is nothing to be afraid of. One decent pitcher and when ours started to hit her they took her out and put in a pitcher who was much slower. Couldn't hold back on it enough to make solid contact. Solid defensively, very little to speak of batting wise. 2 fumbled/badly played pop ups in short RF got them both their runs. #23 (1B) has a solid bat, can do some damage if runners on base.

2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisrbaker. Show dennisrbaker's posts

Interesting day in D 2 South with Fairhaven, Hopkinton, and E Bridgewater going down.

and bellingham on sunday.  D2 south is crazy...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to MikeCage's comment:

Makes you wonder if they're battling injuries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

I don't know why, but I'm getting the feeling that people are more excited about the Bridgewater-Reynham - Milford matchup than the Central Catholic-Newton North game Smile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

SOUTH PREDICTIONS

D3: Bristol Plymouth vs. Case    Bristol Plymouth is a good team and well coached. They know the Case coaching style very well, from years on the travel circuit.  BP had an amazing win vs. Avon, and they have some experienced travel players, but Case is just too strong and they have dominant pitching .   Watch our for BP Freshman ?? 3rd baseman  S.M.   She is the next S Shore Superstar.

Case 6  - BP 1

D2:  Dedham vs Bishop Stang    Bishop Stang's huge Wednesday upset of  Coyle Cassidy(who had defeated # 1 seed and defending South Champ Abington) was supposedly the the best, most  exciting game of the tourney so far with a ton of dramatic moments, and a massive controversial play, over the almost 3 hours.    1 to 1 until the 11th inning when Stang put together a couple of hits and bunts to manufacture 4 runs.  Kudos to the Stang team and their coaches...they came to win, and the players executed their coaches strategy to perfection.   Dedham has had a nice run through the bracket but Stang will rule D2 South...Their Speed and pressure will be way too much for Dedham.  

Bishop Stang  8  - Dedham  2

D1:  BR vs. Milford

BR has one or two weaker bats in their line-up but is strong defensively pretty much across the board.  They have speed, power, experience, (1) Superstar and ton of savvy travel Players.  Milford has some holes and defensive weaknesses that most teams cannot exploit because they can't get their bats on the ball against the greatest pitcher we've seen in the NE in our lifetime.  They also have a bunch of experienced Gold travel players.  BR is a better Hitting team than Milford and they have a decent bench.  They have good speed in the outfield, average infield defense, and Superior catching. Milford has better pitcing and at least one dangerous speed kid.   BR wins 2 - 1 or Milford wins 3 - 1...

BR  2  Milford  1

P.S.   No offense intended to any other "Random" D1 South Coach/s but Sunday at 6pm "is" the D1 South Championship game, and your're not in it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsb. Show luvsb's posts

BR has one or two weaker bats in their line-up but is strong defensively pretty much across the board.  They have speed, power, experience, (1) Superstar and ton of savvy travel Players.  Milford has some holes and defensive weaknesses that most teams cannot exploit because they can't get their bats on the ball against the greatest pitcher we've seen in the NE in our lifetime.  They also have a bunch of experienced Gold travel players.  BR is a better Hitting team than Milford and they have a decent bench.  They have good speed in the outfield, average infield defense, and Superior catching. Milford has better pitcing and at least one dangerous speed kid.   BR wins 2 - 1 or Milford wins 3 - 1...

I do agree SS is a great pitcher, but there have been better. I have been involved with HS ball for 10 years and there have been better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

In response to luvsb's comment:

I do agree SS is a great pitcher, but there have been better. I have been involved with HS ball for 10 years and there have been better.

who

we will see what she is made of next year

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsb. Show luvsb's posts

• Alicat4
    • First: 3/29/2013
    • Last: 6/9/2013

who

There was a pitcher who graduated 5 years ago who won back to back D1 state championships. KiKi Saveriano. Six foot plus throwing 70mph with a big bat to boot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

• Alicat4

who

There was a pitcher who graduated 5 years ago who won back to back D1 state championships. KiKi Saveriano. Six foot plus throwing 70mph with a big bat to boot.

Doesn't throw 70

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsb. Show luvsb's posts

• Alicat4

who

Doesn't throw 7
     Yes she does. She has been clocked at 70. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alicat4. Show Alicat4's posts

• Alicat4

who

Doesn't throw 7
     Yes she does. She has been clocked at 70. 

Saw her and the former pitcher from Umass(Plourde) throw last year and Plourde threw 3 or 4 miles an hour faster and she doesn't throw 74!! Kiki throws 65-66.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvsb. Show luvsb's posts

Game speed 68. and has been clocked at 70. I was around her a lot. Regardless, I do not typically jump into the blogs. I like to read them. Just thought the statement was pretty bold statement considering all of the great pitchers that have played in MA. In fact the pitcher that Kiki beat for the first State Championship was from Gardener, can't remember her name, but she was phenomenal. The true test is when they get to college. It is completely different than high school. The top college pithching propect last year ended up with a 7.39 era her freshman year in college. I think Kiki ended her college career with a 2.67 era.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

Game speed 68. and has been clocked at 70. I was around her a lot. Regardless, I do not typically jump into the blogs. I like to read them. Just thought the statement was pretty bold statement considering all of the great pitchers that have played in MA. In fact the pitcher that Kiki beat for the first State Championship was from Gardener, can't remember her name, but she was phenomenal. The true test is when they get to college. It is completely different than high school. The top college pithching propect last year ended up with a 7.39 era her freshman year in college. I think Kiki ended her college career with a 2.67 era.

Didn't mean to leave anyone out, statement was meant to be complimentary...Milford made a strong statement yesterday.