GBL BOYS SOCCER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

GBL BOYS SOCCER

Which team has the best "possession" game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

Re: GBL BOYS SOCCER

somerville

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

What are the GBL Standings?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Medford clinched the gbl after yesterdays round of games. 

Medford has 12 points with 1 game to play
    Everett has 7 points with 2 to play
    Somerville has 9 with no games left
    Cambridge has 6 with one game to play
    and Malden hasnt won a game in the GBL all year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

In Response to Re: GBL BOYS SOCCER:
    [QUOTE]Medford clinched the gbl after yesterdays round of games.  Medford has 12 points with 1 game to play Everett has 7 points with 2 to play Somerville has 9 with no games left Cambridge has 6 with one game to play and Malden hasnt won a game in the GBL all year
    Posted by hssoccer10[/QUOTE]

SOMERVILLE and CAMBRIDGE have how many points?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

[QUOTE]somerville
    Posted by emasssoccer2010[/QUOTE]

I would have to say Medford has the best in GBL. Somerville hasnt quite put it completely together this year. A few standout players, but I would have to disagree with the best "posession".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Somerville probably has the best chance of going anywhere in the tourney. Medford hasn't fared well in nonleague matchups, got blasted against Danvers 5-1 and lost to BC High 3-0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

[QUOTE]Somerville probably has the best chance of going anywhere in the tourney. Medford hasn't fared well in nonleague matchups, got blasted against Danvers 5-1 and lost to BC High 3-0.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

GBL NON LEAGUE RECORD

MEDFORD:           5-2-3
    SOMERVILLE:       5-2-0
    EVERETT:            2-2-2
    CAMBRIDGE:        8-0-1

Somerville has played better the last couple games.
    Medfords lost to Danvers was the 1st game of the season
    Cambridge hasnt lost a out of league game yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

Who does Cambridge play? They are good, but last year they were like 12-4 seeded about 7, and all their losses came from League games... I sense weak non league games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

If im not mistaken Cambridge has 4 losses. Medford, Everett, Somerville, and Burke the first game of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

Everett is 4-3-2 in Non League

Beat Peabody @ Peabody, Hingham @ Hingham, Chelmsford and Xaverian home.

Lost to St Johns Prep @ Prep, Malden Catholic @ MC And Chelsea High @ Chelsea

Tied Xaverian and Haverhill. Both away games

Everett is suspect playing away....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Only team that really went out of their way to schedule tough opponents was Everett. Most of the GBL teams either tied or won by a goal against Burke or East Boston. Burke is not a good team this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Thanks for the report mrsports13. I still think Somerville has the best chance. As mentioned Medford has not looked good during nonconference play and Cambridge has nearly squeaked by against a couple of BCL teams, neither one being MP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

I would love to see any GBL team go deep in the tourney, but to be honest I think all of the teams arent playing to their potential. Kick n Run is not how you win games. Its desperation! I believe that Somerville if they put it together will go far. Surprisingly but I really believe that if Cambridge coaches changed their strategy n didnt have those boys rushing to goal, they would go deep as well. I dont believe that Medford is as strong as they are on paper.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingdaddy8685. Show kingdaddy8685's posts

[QUOTE]If im not mistaken Cambridge has 4 losses. Medford, Everett, Somerville, and Burke the first game of the season.
    Posted by hssoccer10[/QUOTE]

Cambridge beat Everett 5-1, then lost 4-3, tied Somerville and Medford, then lost to them in the 2nd games.

Cambridge did lose the 1st game to Burke. I hear it was given to Cambridge because Burke added several players that werent on the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958B. Show 1958B's posts

Cambridge beat Catholic Memorial, Malden Catholic, Chelmsford, Xaverian, Burke, Lawrence, West Roxbury and Methuen, the tie came against East Boston
    DateOpponentTime/result
    Mon., Sept. 13BurkeW, 1-0
    Thu., Sept. 16EverettW, 5-1
    Wed., Sept. 22at SomervilleT, 1-1
    Fri., Sept. 24LawrenceW, 7-0
    Sun., Sept. 26MedfordT, 4-4
    Wed., Sept. 29at MaldenW, 3-2
    Thu., Sept. 30at East BostonT, 0-0
    Wed., Oct. 6at EverettL, 4-3
    Fri., Oct. 8SomervilleL, 2-1
    Mon., Oct. 11Malden CatholicW, 2-1
    Fri., Oct. 15at MedfordL, 2-0