high school soccer 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iluvthatdirtywater. Show Iluvthatdirtywater's posts

Re: high school soccer 2012-2013

Any particular team(s) or division that you are inquiring about?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I'm going to go for a Top 25 here, why at this point is anyone's guess, but here goes nothing.

1. Needham( a lot of hype with this team over at TS, we'll see what it amounts to).
    2. Concord-Carlisle
    3. Brockton
    4. BC High
    5. Masconomet
    6. Weymouth
    7. Canton
    8. Framingham
    9. Somerville
    10. St. John's Prep
    11. Lexington
    12. New Bedford
    13. Sandwich
    14. Winchester
    15. Hingham
    16. Acton-Boxboro
    17. Brookline
    18. Walpole
    19. Nauset
    20. North Andover
    21. Dartmouth
    22. Lincoln-Sudbury
    23. Catholic Memorial
    24. Woburn
    25. Lowell

Others
    Silver Lake
    Danvers
    Oliver Ames
    Westford
    Gr. New Bedford
    Hopkinton
    Westford

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iluvthatdirtywater. Show Iluvthatdirtywater's posts

Like I've said before, your insight is spot on. A very fair ranking...especially considering most haven't played a regular season game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SocLife. Show SocLife's posts

How did Medford do against Brocton? Does anyone know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to SocLife's comment:

How did Medford do against Brocton? Does anyone know?

Medford defeated Brockton 1-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to Iluvthatdirtywater's comment:

Like I've said before, your insight is spot on. A very fair ranking...especially considering most haven't played a regular season game!

It's pretty hard sometimes, high school soccer doesn't receive the same attention as hs football, at least not in the preseason.  A lot of it, you have to rely on internet gossip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Word around the BSC is that Wellesley is the class of the league.  Seemed to back it up with their defeat of Needham the other day.  Brookline, Framingham, and NN are all young/rebuilding.  Should be Needham and Weymouth in the Carey and Wellesley in the Herget.  CC should roll in DII. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

Weymouth with an dominant 3-0 victory over Newton North, building confidence on the eve of a rematch against Wellseley Thursday night at Weymouth high 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I may have overrated Needham, most likely fell for some message board hype. Walpole has been wildly inconsistent. Norwood, Milton and Dedham playing out for the last 3 as usual on the other side of the Bay State. Right now, it appears in this order. Weymouth, Needham, Framingham, Braintree, Brookline, Newton North AND Wellesley, Natick, Walpole, Norwood, Milton, Dedham.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to scrapa-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Word around the BSC is that Wellesley is the class of the league.  Seemed to back it up with their defeat of Needham the other day.  Brookline, Framingham, and NN are all young/rebuilding.  Should be Needham and Weymouth in the Carey and Wellesley in the Herget.  CC should roll in DII. 

[/QUOTE]

Needham, once again can't seem to stop the other team from scoring, unless they clamp down on defense, it might be another disappointing finish in the tourney. I think Natick will give Wellesley a challenge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to jcalla10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Weymouth with an dominant 3-0 victory over Newton North, building confidence on the eve of a rematch against Wellseley Thursday night at Weymouth high 

[/QUOTE]

Newton North is way down, but it appears Weymouth is tops in the Bay State, at least at this moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I watching some of the clips from the Needham game. I definitely have a lot of concerns with the back 4....the goalie appears to be average at best, despite their potent offensive scoring threat. I'm not yet sold on this team at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

Weymouth with another win Friday vs Wellesley 2-0 at home...

Looking ahead they have a huge week coming up with games 

At silver lake monday

Home vs needham Wednesday

At Brookline friday

Good chance for Weymouth to take a early hold of the Carey division if they can manage wins over needham and  Brookline. Weymouths team seems to have More depth than most other teams they've faced so far which has lead to a new style of quality possession in the attacking third. 

My prediction for the week is a 

1-0 win over silver lake

1-1 tie vs needham

2-0 win over Brookline 

Big week in the bay state league 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Time for a New Top 25.

1.Weymouth    4-0-0

2. Concord Carlisle 3-0-0

3. St. John's Prep   2-0-0

4. BC High 2-0-0

5. New Bedford 3-0-1

6. Acton-Boxboro 2-0-0

7. Sharon 4-0-0

8. Winchester 0-0-0

9. Needham 2-1-1

10. Masconomet 0-0-1

11. Medford 2-0-0

12. Somerville 0-0-1

13. Nauset 3-0-1

14. Dover-Sherborn 4-0-0

15. Lincoln-Sudbury 1-1-0

16. Milford   2-0-1

17. Oliver Ames 4-0-1

18. Framingham 2-1-1

19. Woburn 1-0-0

20. Wilmington 2-0-0

21. Braintree 4-0-0

22. Hingham 3-0-0

23. Wellesley 2-2-0

24. Westford 3-0-1

25. Dartmouth 3-0-2

25. Barnstable 3-0-0(loss on record should be incorrect)

Others: N. Andover, Watertown, Westwood, Bay Path, Duxbury, Ipswich, Danvers, Canton, Scituate, Billerica, Franklin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

Weymouth starts the week off with a solid 3-1 victory at sliver lake today with goals from each of the threecaptains Mikey lynch, jack lynch, and josh berg... Now time for a real test in needham on Wednesday night at 6pm at Weymouth high school.. So far thru 5 games Weymouth has scored 15 goals and only given up 2 there playing good solid defense and finishing there chances in the attacking third. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked0707. Show miked0707's posts

This really should be a good year for Weymouth.  They have a ton of returning players with 2 or 3 yrs of experience under their belt.  The Bay State league doesn't look like its at its strongest either.  I think it would be a major dissapointment if they failed to reach the sectional final.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncbb939. Show ncbb939's posts

anyone notice the somerville scandal currently taking place? felix de bona is now playing for them... the kid played professionally in spain and is probably 25

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

How is Durfee doing in soccer?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

I just saw an article talking about this kid, de bona, scoring a hat trick in his first game.  I then googled him and he's around 21 yrs old.  There is a globe article stating that he was 8 in 1999 which means he's now 21 years old.  This is kind of silly to allow him to continue to play.  I wish when I was a junior in college I could of come back and played against kids in high school.  That would have been fun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PattyOBri. Show PattyOBri's posts

Just wondering why not all conferences are listed in the Boys Leaders? I follow South Coast Conference. Just curious!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to miked070707's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just saw an article talking about this kid, de bona, scoring a hat trick in his first game.  I then googled him and he's around 21 yrs old.  There is a globe article stating that he was 8 in 1999 which means he's now 21 years old.  This is kind of silly to allow him to continue to play.  I wish when I was a junior in college I could of come back and played against kids in high school.  That would have been fun.

[/QUOTE]

The MIAA gave him a waiver and cleared him to play for the season. Honestly, I don't know how old he really is, but I've heard as young as 19. I'm also not sure what conditions allow you to qualify for a granter waiver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How is Durfee doing in soccer?

[/QUOTE]

they're not bad, have to play Brockton and New Bedford can't be that easy, but they could make the tournament.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In response to PattyOBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just wondering why not all conferences are listed in the Boys Leaders? I follow South Coast Conference. Just curious!

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's up to the coaches and commissioners to call these in. If you noticed, the scores don't always get reported, for instance the Mayflower and Merrimack conferences.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Updated Top 25.

1. Weymouth 12-0-3
    2. St. John's Prep 12-1-1
    3. BC High 11-1-1
    4. Somerville 11-0-2
    5. Acton-Boxboro 9-0-3
    6. New Bedford 12-1-2
    7. Needham 10-1-3
    8. Concord-Carlisle 9-1-1
    9. Dartmouth 11-1-1
    10. Nauset 9-1-3
    11. Wellesley 10-2-0
    12. Winchester 10-0-3
    13. Masconomet 11-0-2
    14. Hingham 8-0-2
    15. Bedford 7-1-4
    16. North Andover 9-1-2
    17. Lowell 11-1-1
    18. Medway 11-2-0
    19. Westford 7-2-2
    20. Oliver Ames 9-2-3
    21. Wilmington 6-1-3
    22. Watertown 7-1-6
    23. Franklin 8-2-4
    24. Marshfield 7-3-2
    25. Brockton 6-5-1
    25. Barnstable 6-2-3

Others: (no order) Pentucket 9-2-2, Rockport 9-2-1, Weston 6-3-2, Coyle Cassidy 10-1-1, Milford 5-2-5, Belmont 7-2-4, Lexington 4-2-2, Lynn Classical 6-0-3, Danvers 8-2-1, Silver Lake 7-3-1, Hanover 9-1-1, Dover-Sherborn 9-2-1, Holliston 9-3-1,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcalla10. Show jcalla10's posts

Needham beats #1 Weymouth 1-0 at home tonight to take a lead in the baystate league.... in the long run hopefully this will leave a sour taste in the mouth of the weymouth players to pick up there game for the rest of the regular season and into the tournament and have a championship type run just like the Weymouth 2007 and 2010 teams did respecitively winning the south sectional in 07 and losing in penalties in 2010