MASS HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL - 2014 - Let's Get Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

MASS HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL - 2014 - Let's Get Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Predictions - Top 10 in the State

1.  Bridgewater Raynham

2.  King Phillip

3. Taunton

4. Weymouth

5. Coyle Cassidy

6. North Attleboro

7. Grafton

8. Apponoquet

9.  Somerset Berkely

10.  Case

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NNDad. Show NNDad's posts

Re: MASS HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL - 2014 - Let's Get Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems a little early, but...  Your top 3 seem reasonable.  I gather you think Milford will drop from the radar without SS.  I am a little puzzled by Weymouth at 4.  They were good, and NN had trouble with their pitcher for some reason, but they didn't really distinguish themselves in the Bay State or the state tournament.  Do they have some talent on the way?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Milford will without a doubt drop off the map without SS, and Fairbanks as well. Both of them were their major producers offensively and SS prevented anyone from ever being able to do much of anything but play small ball. They also graduated a centerfielder that went DI (BU) which will leave a huge hole down the middle. 

Do agree with NNDad on Weymouth though, unless they have something coming in that Mike knows about that gives him reason to believe they will overtake Newton North. I just don't see Weymouth doing that as I believe NN retained the majority of their impact players.  Maybe the slight will be good motivation for both NN and Framingham to show him exactly how wrong he is, especially considering both finished above Weymouth in the standings and Framingham took both games against them to boot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeCage. Show MikeCage's posts

In response to NNDad's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This seems a little early, but...  Your top 3 seem reasonable.  I gather you think Milford will drop from the radar without SS.  I am a little puzzled by Weymouth at 4.  They were good, and NN had trouble with their pitcher for some reason, but they didn't really distinguish themselves in the Bay State or the state tournament.  Do they have some talent on the way?

[/QUOTE]

Although Weymouth will be very strong this year, with top 5 pitching, top 2 Catching and much more depth, they were listed at # 4 in error. Accidently omitted at #4 should have been Silver Lake.  I cut and pasted wrong, sorry.  Silver Lake almost took out BR last year, and they return one of the top 3 pitchers in the state and one of the top hitters at 3rd base.  For newcomers in their lineup, they will also have the best hitting freshman in the state Bar NONE!

Although Milford will still be a good team, they will not be anywhere near the top 10.   

1.  Bridgewater Raynham

2.  King Phillip

3. Taunton

4. Silver Lake - Corrected

5. Coyle Cassidy

6. North Attleboro

7. Grafton

8. Apponoquet

9.  Somerset Berkely

10.  Case

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Now *that makes much  more sense Mike! Baystate will come down to a battle between NN and Framingham again, but not sure how deep either will go in the post-season. Yes, Framingham lost their 2 big bats and have holes at 3 infield positions that won't be filled easily, but they do retain their pitching, ss and a few talented OF's. They'll be up there battling with NN for the Baystate again this year I think. Could go either way and will come down to coaching I think. If it does come down to coaching, NN is going to come out on top. 

Edit: Baystate Carey is NN's to lose. Some returners who did not return and one who started and has since quit. Incredibly young and inexperienced team when all was said and done. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbyorr. Show bobbyorr's posts

I would like to put a top 10 vote in for St. Mary's, Lynn. They beat Case in the D3 semi-finals last year (lost in the finals to Assabet Valley). Although they lost 4 starters to graduation they return a solid core up the middle including some solid young pitching.

Also a vote for Danvers 19-1 last year and should be a contender again in D2.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TransitDependent. Show TransitDependent's posts

Does anyone know when boston.com is going to update the baseball/softball section with this year's schedules and standings??  This is annoying!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbyorr. Show bobbyorr's posts

In response to TransitDependent's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone know when boston.com is going to update the baseball/softball section with this year's schedules and standings??  This is annoying!

[/QUOTE]

Very annoying. But if it was Super 8 hockey it would be well covered...