MIAA Tourney Scores

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesmarket. Show nesmarket's posts

Re: MIAA Tourney Scores

Westport Beats Hanover 5-0. Expected a closer game than this. Kochman gets three, Fereirra gets 2. No real scoring chances for Hanover.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

Of course the Braintree kids looked at the ref.  They were looking to confirm that it was a goal.  I think their reaction was typical of a goal that was of such a fluky nature.  Not too many goals are scored off a deflection from a throw in.  I'll be interested to see this "video".  Apparently Attleboro had multiple cameras that will give us great quality and tell the true story.  If this is true then I feel sorry for the Attleboro players that they would lose on that kind of mistake.  But call me skeptical that there is video that will give us a definitive answer.

With that said Refs are not privy to looking at replay.  The box was really crowded.  Ellis had been doing his flip throw all game and everyone knew it was coming and that it was just as effective as a corner.  Braintree packed the box and Attleboro defended it as such.  If anyone is truly to blame for this its the Attleboro goalie who was caught in no mans land and didn't catch the ball.  Its not like Attleboro just allowed the ball to go in figuring it wouldn't count.  The ball was contested by a number of players and the goalie misplayed it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopah9. Show poopah9's posts

Brookline 4 Westford 0
    Newton North 1 Lynn English 0
    Brighton 1 Billerica 0 (PK)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Did much better today with the predictions than yesterday, will post all the scores after my 7-11 break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Alex

did you have Brighton over Billerica in your predictions?

is Brookline any good? or is Westford that bad? 4nil in the tourney is a shellacking...

who will win Medford vs. Brighton?  who will win Brookline vs. Chelsea?

will L-S crush Andover?  Andover didn't show me much vs. East Boston, but I am still not sold on L-S...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Re: Alex

In Response to Alex:
    [QUOTE]did you have Brighton over Billerica in your predictions? is Brookline any good? or is Westford that bad? 4nil in the tourney is a shellacking... who will win Medford vs. Brighton?  who will win Brookline vs. Chelsea? will L-S crush Andover?  Andover didn't show me much vs. East Boston, but I am still not sold on L-S...
    Posted by soccerfan12[/QUOTE]

I actually did pick Brighton over Billerica. Brookline when they are on top of their game are very good. However, Westford has had an abnormally "off year". I actually have Medford over Brighton in the next round, Brookline should have an easy time over Chelsea, L-S should win by about 3 or 4 goals. However, even though L-S is capable of being upset, they should give Lexington their biggest test if they can make it as far. I mention that is because if Cole DeNormandie is shut down then you basically take the heart and soul of the team away.

Andover isn't that good .500 team from the Merrimack, but tend to rise to the occaision at times in the tourney or at least they have a history of doing so. Of course, E. Boston likely being without their top 2 player's hurt them......unless they had them back?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

If they play these games in this weather then throw all logic out the window.  Lucky bounces and wind will rule the day.  AD's really need to step up on this one and postpone today's matches.  Apparently, the closer to the coast you are the worse the weather is going to be.

Postponements flying into miaa.net.  Check the brackets to see if your game has been moved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

East Boston

no Alex,  Carlito #10 Ruiz played, but was clearly hurt and Kelvin Martinez (#8) played just the last 10 minutes...  East Boston just is not good enough -- they are too slow in tight space and just don't have the full field tactical ability and vision -- the passing game is short and easy to contain if you have good athletes like most suburban teams have... including Andover of course -- unless East Boston starts to change the way they play, they won't ever be successful at the state tournament level...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUsoccer. Show RUsoccer's posts

In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores:
    [QUOTE]Marshfield definately not the players of years ago.  Not taking anything from D-R, D-R had the more creative play.  Some of the Marshfield players couldn't trap a ball, make a pass to an open man, it was disappointing soccer.  Only Sheridan and Sjoquist resembled soccer players, Marshfield did have some speed but definately not the Marshfield teams of old.  D-R had some good young players Rosa, sophmore, GK and Rego and some other boys.  D-R played better soccer and Marshfield couldn't get things going.  Ref blew the second goal against Marshfield, definately offsides not sure how he missed it.  D-R was more dangerous and overall deserved the win.
    Posted by jason12343[/QUOTE]

Marshfield sure isn't the team of old. Far from the powerhouse they were in the 90's and early 2000's. They have continued their run of 20+ seasons making the tourney, but just barely the last few years. DR was a .500 team from a weak league. Disappointing.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walthamsoccer. Show walthamsoccer's posts

Re: Alex

In Response to Re: Alex:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Alex : I actually did pick Brighton over Billerica. Brookline when they are on top of their game are very good. However, Westford has had an abnormally "off year". I actually have Medford over Brighton in the next round, Brookline should have an easy time over Chelsea, L-S should win by about 3 or 4 goals. However, even though L-S is capable of being upset, they should give Lexington their biggest test if they can make it as far. I mention that is because if Cole DeNormandie is shut down then you basically take the heart and soul of the team away. Andover isn't that good .500 team from the Merrimack, but tend to rise to the occaision at times in the tourney or at least they have a history of doing so. Of course, E. Boston likely being without their top 2 player's hurt them......unless they had them back?
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Andover is .500 team OVERALL, but last time I checked they were Merrimack Valley champions this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emasssoccer2010. Show emasssoccer2010's posts

Winchester 4 - Gloucester 0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmazaika. Show rmazaika's posts

Hopkinton 3 Hingham 2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

[QUOTE]somerville 3 and madison park 1
    Posted by mrsports13[/QUOTE]
      MP and Eastie don't win 1 game between them.  Somehow we get sucked in every year by the mighty City League and they eat up all the high seeds, and the same thing happens every year.  Thank you Somerville.  Anyone at the game?  Did they go quietly or was it the normal BS?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

DCL scores that I know.

L-S wins 3-2 OT over Andover
    A-B wins 3-2 over St. Johns
    C-C wins 3-0 over Dracut
    Weston wins 2-1 over Bishop Fenwick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohreallly. Show ohreallly's posts

What happened to Hingham? Any reports?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheifhowareya13. Show cheifhowareya13's posts

Brookline 6-1 whooping over Chelsea. It seems as though they are a team to watch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccer4. Show soccer4's posts

Mansfield beats nauset 3-1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores :   MP and Eastie don't win 1 game between them.  Somehow we get sucked in every year by the mighty City League and they eat up all the high seeds, and the same thing happens every year.  Thank you Somerville.  Anyone at the game?  Did they go quietly or was it the normal BS?
    Posted by scrapa-[/QUOTE]

This is the last season I pick either of those teams, just very disappointing. At the last moment I knew I should've picked Somerville in my bracket, especially once I heard they were healthy. Somerville is on a mission.As mentioned earlier, Somerville is the GBL's best chance to advance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Mansfield beats nauset 3-1
    Posted by soccer4[/QUOTE]

No surprise here, Nauset was horrid in their last 3 games. Problem was I had Natick taking out Nauset, instead of Mansfield....oh well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Brookline 6-1 whooping over Chelsea. It seems as though they are a team to watch
    Posted by cheifhowareya13[/QUOTE]

Brookline is catching fire at the right time, With SJP out, it's not turned into a 3 team race.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerfan12. Show soccerfan12's posts

Scrapa

I was at the game and MP just didn't have it today -- Somerville scored in 3rd minute and then on an own goal and in the 74 minute on a handball by MP keeper outside the box, Homero Morais chipped the keeper after ref handed him the ball... very disappointing for MP, best team they have had since probably 2005 or 6...  just very difficult for city teams to get any traction in tournament...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tictac1211. Show tictac1211's posts

Another DCL score:

Arlington 5 Pentucket 2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miked070707. Show miked070707's posts

Weymouth with a workmans like effort beating Oliver Amers 2-0.  Weymouth looked a little nervous and like they were feeling the pressure of expectations in the first half.  They pressed and looked a little frustrated at times in the first half which went 0-0.  But they do have one of the best players in the state in Robbie Lynch and he took a loose ball at the corner of the 18, took a great first touch towards the goal and slotted it in the far corner with his left foot.  The second goal saw Lynch facing the sideline and double teams.  He made a turn and split the double team then ran along the touch line and slid the ball to a teammate who slotted it home easily.

The first big game of the tournament looks to be Weymouth-Brockton if Brockton can win tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brodbecks. Show brodbecks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIAA Tourney Scores : This is the last season I pick either of those teams, just very disappointing. At the last moment I knew I should've picked Somerville in my bracket, especially once I heard they were healthy. Somerville is on a mission.As mentioned earlier, Somerville is the GBL's best chance to advance.
    Posted by AlexFilides[/QUOTE]

Ditto, cost me three points!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jod20102. Show jod20102's posts

Norton 2 - Norwell 1