Top 25 Boy's Soccer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Top 25 Boy's Soccer

Why? With not a lot of info? Because it's fun! Kind of like guessing the tournament winners, (which my D-1 picks were ultimate fail last year). I'm really just guessing right now, don't critique it too much. The rankings will probably change drastically after the first week.

1. Lexington
    2. Brookline
    3. Acton-Boxboro
    4. St. John's Prep
    5. Weymouth
    6. Winchester
    7. Framingham
    8. Catholic Memorial
    9. Somerville
    10. Sandwich
    11. Canton
    12. New Bedford
    13. Newton North
    14. Lincoln-Sudbury
    15. Brockton
    16. Masconomet
    17. Nauset
    18. Medfield
    19. Rockport
    20. Braintree
    21. Reading
    22. Medford
    23. Concord-Carlisle
    24. Needham
    25. Belmont

Others(in no order): Marshfield, Falmouth, Walpole, Madison Park, East Boston, BC High, Westford, King Philip, Peabody, Silver Lake, Duxbury, Hingham, Dover-Sherborn

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer

I think AB is a little high here, maybe Winchester also.  Lexington does seem loaded.  CC may be less than last year, but probably better than 23rd.

North Andover probably deserve some honorable mention.  Reading may be higher too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPORTSRGOOD. Show SPORTSRGOOD's posts

Hingham will be good and will move up
    Nauset maybe too high
    Sandwich opens vs Brockton tomorrow at Brockton
    Should be a very good game to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer:
    [QUOTE]I think AB is a little high here, maybe Winchester also.  Lexington does seem loaded.  CC may be less than last year, but probably better than 23rd. North Andover probably deserve some honorable mention.  Reading may be higher too
    Posted by Clemlabine[/QUOTE]

I thought the 23rd was generous. They did lose quite a bit. If you recall after their 2006 championship season, they tailed off to go 10-5-1. I just don't see them ahead of L-S or A-B at this point. It doesn't mean they can't go on a run and win the division 2 tournament, I'm sure they will improve more than any other team in the state. You could be right about N. Andover and Reading.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DTGotshalk. Show DTGotshalk's posts

With one of the top youth soccer programs and a super abundance of fields and coaches what is happening in Bridgewater?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]With one of the top youth soccer programs and a super abundance of fields and coaches what is happening in Bridgewater?
    Posted by DTGotshalk[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but Bridgewater-Raynham should be fielding a much better team than they are. Probably one of the more disappointing programs in the last 10 years in EMass. They were always just behind Weymouth and Silver Lake back in the day with the Old Colony League in the mid 90s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JSO14. Show JSO14's posts

Watch for Taunton, big win today over New Bedford.  Players are mostly made up of Taunton Eagles and Raynham Renegades players. Some very good JRs and Soph.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

Some more DCL stuff...

As you suspect L-S should be very good.  They lost Cakert from the back, and of course DeNormandie, so its hard to picture that they would improve. But Chris Kafina and Forest Sisk(revs player) are both 2x DCL all-stars, and Jacob Weltman was a league all-star as well. Andres Driscoll had two assists in their 2-1 win over Wayland, one to Kafina and the other to Tyler Barnes. I know Malcolm Joseph, Logan Hicks, Matt Birtwell, and Ryan Bassinger all saw time last year as well. They also have senior Tyler McCarthy is in net for them. I believe they have about 11 rostered returners in all. They should be a slight favorite in tomorrows game with CCHS.

On the other hand Alex, I think you greatly underestimate CCHS. The year CC struggled was 08, when the returned almost nobody.  They return maybe the league's top striker and defender in Mikey O'Brien and Chris Walker-Jacks. Although their Revs player who they thought might come back has gone off to Europe, they still return 4 other guys who started multiple games last year.  It may be hard to believe, but the starters in the field might actually be more talented than last years group. But the serious lack of depth, a physical presence in the center(Nickelsberg graduation), and experienced keeper may prove their undoing. While the pipeline is always strong, I think they only have 8 guys returning from last years team.

AB is always tough, but I'm curious as to why you have them as high as you do.  I know the least about this team, but I know they return about 10 from last years roster.  They have some talented attacking players in Jose Chacon and Isaac de Sousa, Ryan Rose and David Lush should be their strongest midfield players, and I'm not sure what they have in the back. What do you know about AB Alex?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

Just to let you know, I don't really hate on any team, I try to be as fair as possible with the rankings and reviews of each team. If I have an opinion on one team, I won't be afraid to hold back. I had received some inside information that A-B was the team to beat in the DCL. However, remember I did say not to take the ranking seriously, because I really had limited information. At this point, the ranking system was for fun and along with my fascination for ranking teams.

However, I did have CC down for obvious reasons this season. But don't forget, I was the one that had Concord Carlise to be ranked 3rd in 2009 when they won the state, where the Globe did not rank them at all.

What do I know about A-B? Not much, which is why I was looking for information on the teams before the season got under way a couple of days ago. Your last post was very helpful, however I can't access this information unless I have some close affiliation to the league. Not to mention the Globe/Boston.com really did not provide any help on who the teams to beat were, except a few Cape Ann teams, which the writer was favoring, Rockport, Lynnfield, Georgetown etc.

However, when we can get representatives to breakdown the conferences, that's always very helpful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

I know you're not trying to hate on any team. You help make the soccer season a lot more fun for the rest of us.  I'm just trying to hand off some information.

While I'm at it, I wouldn't be shocked to see Wayland creep into the top 25 despite the L-S loss.  I think Griffin McGrail and Nico Pascual-Leon come back.  They accounted for a lot of the Wayland offense last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Medford 4 Somerville 1. Somerville scored a goal a minute and 10 seconds into the game. Then Medford scored at the 9 minute mark off a corner. Then scored another off a corner with 13 minutes left in the half. Somerville brought it to Medford in the second half and with 2 mins left in the game medford scored twice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kipmaster24. Show Kipmaster24's posts

L-S beat C-C 1-0.

LS looked the stronger side overall and from a physical standpoint.  They dominated the midfield, and CC really couldn't create many chances. The LS goal came in transition after a turnover on the flank.  The ball was crossed in and flicked onto Kafina on the back post.

But CC was really on their heels the entire game, relying on a strong defense to keep them in it.  But in the end LS was able to wear them down.  It was only a matter of time I think.

CC lacked a central ball winning presence, and with no Puchrick on the team, CC needs to find another creator to get O'Brien looks.

A great start to the season for Hosford and LS

And for CC I expect to see some changes made by Pavlik sooner rather than later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Framingham 2  Weymouth 2.  Weymouth tied it up with a minute to play.  Kind of a sloppy game.  Framingham had the better of the play and more chances.  Both sides are young.  Should be good for a couple of years.

I saw Needham beat Brookline today.  Is this their year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aksjh. Show aksjh's posts

Everett 1 Malden 0 at Malden. Sloppy game, dominated by Malden but Everett had better scoring chances and put one away.

SJP and Masco tied on Thursday, not sure of the score. Just know the result was a tie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clemlabine. Show Clemlabine's posts

Not much to add about the LS-CC game.  LS dominated in the air, and routinely bodied CC off of the contested balls.  Even and competitive first half, but the second was pretty one sided. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridge617. Show cambridge617's posts

Cambridge 2 Malden Catholic 0 at malden catholic

Cambridge looks like a completely different team than last year. It seems as if the coach has implemented a more possession and passing to feet type of playing instead of last years kick and run, Cambridge came out a little slow but after 10 or 15 minutes they dominated for the rest of the game, they continuously attacked Malden Catholics goal and were unlucky to put only 2 away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Boston Globe Top 20:
    1.) Sandwich
    2.) Lincoln-Sudbury
    3.) Concord- Carlisle
    4.) Canton
    5.) Brookline
    6.) Lexington
    7.) Medford
    8.) Weymouth
    9.) Newton North
    10.) Winchester
    11.) New Bedford
    12.) Dover- Sherborn
    13.) Acton- Boxboro
    14.) Cardinal Spellman
    15.) Brockton
    16.) Rockport
    17.) North Andover
    18.) Silver Lake
    19.) Masconomet
    20.) Trinity Catholic

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concussed. Show concussed's posts

Needham is notably missing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]Needham is notably missing
    Posted by concussed[/QUOTE]

I agree, Needham had a very strong week. Acton Boxboro and Canton not as strong as I thought they would be the first week. Sandwich is a little bit of a suprise at #1, however a lot of the better teams lost quite a bit. Sandwich does return 15 seniors.  Didn't even know Tritiny Catholic had a soccer team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

The only poll that matters is the final one. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fghfhfh. Show fghfhfh's posts

[QUOTE]Cambridge 2 Malden Catholic 0 at malden catholic Cambridge looks like a completely different team than last year. It seems as if the coach has implemented a more possession and passing to feet type of playing instead of last years kick and run, Cambridge came out a little slow but after 10 or 15 minutes they dominated for the rest of the game, they continuously attacked Malden Catholics goal and were unlucky to put only 2 away.
    Posted by cambridge617[/QUOTE]

YeaH CAMBRIDGE GOING ALL THE WAY

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 25 Boy's Soccer : YeaH CAMBRIDGE GOING ALL THE WAY
    Posted by fghfhfh[/QUOTE]

Scrapa, we have a new friend here and a potential 2011 award winning team. That one team that shows up each year never lets me down. Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

What's it called?  The Watertowningham award?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DOP45. Show DOP45's posts

Taunton tied Brockton today. Where are they in the rankings?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hssoccer10. Show hssoccer10's posts

Somerville 4 Malden 1
    Everett 0 Cambridge 0