Best High School Football Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigool. Show bigool's posts

The best player i've played against i'd have to say was Cy Butler hands down was the best i ever played against. His actual game speed was just unreal. There was Mike Mcfarlane from Westwood too who was just a man among boyz. The best i ever saw though was Zack Mcall from Fitchburg he was just a beast on the field and the court!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

please how many brockton high players u can name has being the best, here is a start, rudy harris, anthony colmer, peter harris, lamar lee, the names just dont stop. brockton boxers a powerhouse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlee74. Show hlee74's posts

Stephen Cooper of Wareham Definitely one of the best out of of MASS. High School Super Bowl win 95. Led Maine to playoff semi's and now plays for San Diego chargers (MLB).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Cy Butler was the best, he could score on any play. People know what a gifted

player he was on "O" but he was equally amazing on "D" and special teams.

(Comella has to get credit for having the overall career - stanford and NFL

and don't forget about Willie Hicks from Concord)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatest. Show gatest's posts

I heard that the Azzolino Guy never went offsides in 4 years, is it true?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pepperoni11. Show pepperoni11's posts

best class ever to come out of high school CARVER HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 07

We had greats like Dan Read, Steve Grecco, Zach Hosford, and Jack Sullivan

Dan Read - Fullback who was moved to o - line lived up to his potential on the defensive side of th ball at end with an astonishing 1.5 sacks.

Steve Grecco - Greatest tight end, once ran a blocked extra point back for a touchdown (even though it was called back for a penalty)

Zach Hosford - Best clutch kicker to ever come out of high school PERIOD.

Jack Sullivan - Wide reciever with hands that seemed to be covered in glue - average yard per catch was an amazing 35 yards per catch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

My vote is still with Cy Butler, however the Abare kids from AB have to be mentioned. I forget which one was better- I think Larry- something has to be said for going 40-0with 4 superbowl titles in your career. And if we're including people who have had good careers after HS then you have to throw the hasselbacks, Ryan St piere, Ricky Santos and of course Mr FLUTIE(CY Butler was as good and dominating in HS as Flutie was in college and they had very similar styles)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Cy Butler played for Weston High, not Everett- the confusion is probably because

John Dibiaso coached Cy @ Weston then went on to Everett after taking Weston to

a Superbowl title in '92. As for the pitcher from Peabody, I believe his name was Jeff Allison

great talent- I don't remember that Carver team at all, may have been after my time

when I think about Carver I think about one of the most dominating wrestling teams ever

the Leary brothers(angus and?), a 52 pounder named Emanuel something, he was known as e-man and was awesome- It was 92' or 93'...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

This list is going in the direction of success after HS, so it would be unfair to not throw in

Mike Croel -LS (AFC rookie of the year in 1991, i think?) and Fred Smerlas- Waltham high

NFL hall of famer, but again I still think for highschool alone, Butler was the most impressive.

(he was also an all american @ URI)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dforce. Show dforce's posts

MIKE ESPOSITO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schillingbellicheck. Show schillingbellicheck's posts

joe herra & mike esposito.

out of wilmington high school.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from schillingbellicheck. Show schillingbellicheck's posts

Do you think Everett is over-rated?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schillingbellicheck. Show schillingbellicheck's posts

Joe Herra straight up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

Everett's a legit powerhouse and should be mentioned in any conversation about

the best high school teams in the history of MA. They have dominated the last decade plus

and outside of Acton boxborough nobody can touch their dominance in that time. The credit goes

to Dibiaso, he could easily coach a D1 college team, just wish he had stayed @ WHS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

intereting list, I agree with the top, but Martha's vineyard?

you can't put MV on the same list as AB, Everett , Xaverian and Brocton- I mean Weston high

has made it to 4 super bowls and won 3 of them, but can't hold a candle to the top

teams in the state(well maybe in the Cy Butler, Dibiaso era...) LS was pretty dominating in the late

80's early 90's, people forget that there's another team in the DCL -LS used to beat up on AB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

good point MV has had a good run....I wasn't saying Weston was one of the best I was just using them to compare to MV, but i didn't realize MV had dominated their conference like that

still, not the same as the big dogs (AB,Everett, Brocton,Xaverian and even Mansfield)

can "Kbarros" shout the three is the big question,....and thank God someone has stepped up

and nominated the "best punt blocker" in MAss history, this list just was not complete without

it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

I've been gone for a couple of days- this conversation has taken an unexpected path!

I did see one e-mail that had Cy Butler as the best HS player @ the end of it, so I enjoyed that.

Good luck to all of you going on to play in college, I played with Cy, so i'm more ready for over 30 soft ball then college f-ball, but the conversation was great up until the last few e-mails

Here's the deal, you'll find out in a few years that it's not what college you go to or if you even play in college. The real test will be, can you still fit into your letter jacket in 5 years?!!!!!!!!!!!11

clean it up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brimcshane. Show brimcshane's posts

are Peter and Rudy related?

I remember when I was in middle school, Brocton had to play teams from NY, MD and PA

just to get a good game, some of those teams where ridiculous! I could be wrong but I

think @ one point the cracked the top 10 east of the mississippi, an incredible feat for a MA school. Hey, and for you southshore league guys, there's one name that escaped this list and he played a few years after i graduated, but didn't Corey Farina from Hingham put up some top player type #'s

this is all you will you need to know to have success @ the next level

1 The 4 d's (dedication, determination, desire and discipline)

2 Act like you've been there- it's more impressive to see somone win and be reserved

as a fan you think "that guy must win all the time...)

3 Actions speak louder then words- it's okay to talk a little trash, ON THE FIELD, but you must be able to back it up!

I hope I'm writing about one of you in a top 10 list of college f-ball players form MA one day!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbrc. Show philbrc's posts

HOW ABOUT TOM HART FROM WOBURN

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan123784. Show patsfan123784's posts

flutie? hasselbeck?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigool. Show bigool's posts

You can't list the top #20 storied programs in the state w/o including Milford!!! You know This years Central Mass Superbowl champs!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sahmson. Show sahmson's posts

Ricky Santos Bellingham High. Huck Finn (his real name) from Medfield in the late 6o's then at Marshall and Gordie Brown from Millis high. Played with the NY jets

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcos. Show pcos's posts

I dont believe Peter and Rudy Harris are related in any way

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhk. Show nhk's posts

Ken McAfee, - Brockton High - a tight end with Notre Dame from 1974-1977, the National Football Foundation Hall of Fame. McAfee earned consensus All-American honors in 1976 and 1977, and even received some first team All-American recognition as a sophomore in 1975, finished third in the Heisman Trophy balloting as a senior after catching fifty-four passes for 797 yards and six touchdowns

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpmanjordan252. Show jumpmanjordan252's posts

how can you be the best high school football player if you played d3 jv