East Boston is out!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

East Boston is out!

lowell or lexington will win the north

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem. Show guesmem's posts

East Boston is out!

I went to the game. It was outstanding. I saw the first Eastie - Charlestown game at C-Town in January; Eastie handled them fairly easily. Didn't see the second one, but with Eastie up 45 - 19 at the half it's safe to say they handled them then also.

Though Eastie had been off for 5 days, I don;t think rust was a problem. They were up by 10 points early. Two things happened: I actually believe Eastie beacame a little over confident. After all when you wipe out a team twice, then have them down by 10 early on your homecourt, who wouldn't get over confident. The second thing is that C-Town went with a two point guard offense for the second half of the first half and the last 4 minutes of the game. This effectively negated any pressure Eastie tried to put on the ball.

Remember this name: Shabazz Napier. He's a sophmore for C-Town but played like a d1 prospect this evening. He also hit the winning shot (3 pointer) with 4 seconds left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eljefe81. Show eljefe81's posts

East Boston is out!

Despite missing 4 of its top players due to academics this year, Charlestown is again in the running. Kudos to first year coach Steve Cassidy and some gritty upper classmen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebelrouser. Show rebelrouser's posts

East Boston is out!

All I know is that probably the best individual player in the Middlesex League is Anthony Coppola of Watertown, and the Minutemen were the only team this year to somewwhat shut him down as they crushed the Red Raiders the first time they met. Lexington has the horses, and I think last years ML MVP, Tom Henneberry, is about to bust out of the corral.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem. Show guesmem's posts

East Boston is out!

I'm a C-Town supporter, and went to last year's game at Salem versus Lexington. C-Town isn't quite as strong as last year. I believe Lexington graduated the big guy (O'Keefe?). Other than that how do they compare versus last year?

Is the coach that is there the same one that coached Ronnie Lee way back when?