football--who is going where?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

Wednesday is a big day for college and high school football fans around the country. It is a day where the players sign their national letters of intent. Massachusetts doesn't have a ton of 1-A talent but let's get a list going of who we know is going where. Feel free to add in 1-AA and even division 2 and 3 teams.

The following are verbal commitments to 1-A schools:

Corey Eason, Mansfield, DE--BC
    Corey Gatewood, Belmont HIll, WR--Stanford
    Jonathan Jean-Louis, AC, DB--UConn
    Chris Shannon, Philips, OT--Duke
    John Needham, Melrose, OT--Duke
    Nathan Richman, Thayer, OT--BC
    Anthony Sherman, N. Attleboro, FB/LB--UConn
    Dave Teggart, Algonquin, kicker--UConn
    Eriks Reks, Xavarian, DE--Duke
    Dan Williams, Belmont Hill, LB--BC
    Austin Monahan, Philips, TE--Vanderbilt
    Isiah Moore, Proctor Academy (formerly of Cambridge), DB/WR--UConn

The following are verbal committements to 1-AA schools:

Shea Allard, Wareham, OT--Delaware
    Greg Martel, Mansfield, OT--Northeastern
    Chris Morales, Central Catholic, LB--Delaware

**Let's keep this real. Let's not throw out something we heard at Dunkin Donuts by a kid who shares a locker with a kid who picks up the jock straps of the football team after hours.**

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

You can never be positive until the player enrolls in July but from what I've heard at BC is that Gatewood gave his committment to Stanford after the new staff backed off of him.

Jean-Louis from AC is very solid UConn verbal. Wednesday at this time we'll know for sure when the NLOI are in and official announcements are made.

**EDIT**

here is a quote from gatewood upon his Stanford verbal:

"I've made up my mind," he said. "Stanford is a great place...It was just a better feel for me after Tom O'Brien and the staff left. I had always been interested in Stanford, I know they offer me even a better education and my family is moving out west".

He goes on to say that perhaps high school teammate Dan Williams' verbal to BC is not so solid. I think he stays east though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Good call on Gatewood to Stanford......... That's disappointing & they lost top recruits to Georgia Tech & Michigan State since O'Brien left.... i don't think this years incoming class is very good, but we neeed to give "Jags" some time..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hold. Show hold's posts

What happened to Tim Wells, I didn't see him in todays newspapers. Also, what does it mean to "commit " to a division 3 school?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

How come no one ever talks about Phillips Andover on here? They have two guys going d1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocl06champs. Show ocl06champs's posts

Zach Wilson- 6'4 265 FB- looked at by BC nothing major. Alot of D1AA offers, has signed a letter of intent to play fullback and linebacker for Bryant University. Is expected to be a major contributor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocl06champs. Show ocl06champs's posts

ok im sorry, let me clarify, he wasnt offered any scholarships, nor was he expected to play fullback. He desired to play fullback, but they said that was out of the question. So he signed with Bryant to play fullback. That is why he chose D2 over 1AA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uc2002. Show uc2002's posts

I heard that Sherr had been looked at by some schools but not "a lot of major 1-a schools." Some looked, none offered. Apparently his only Division 1 offer was Albany (1-aa), not even a full ride, and he also was accepted to both Merrimack and Mass. Maritime where he has siblings playing sports.

UConn and Buffalo offered him preferred walk-on status. He is not happy about that. Neither is his coach. He says no way to prep school. This was all in today's Salem News.

Has anyone heard anything about Foote from North Andover? I know he was looked at heavily by Syracuse, BC, and UConn. None offered. Some 1-AA schools were interested but I'm not sure which offered. I know UNH, Northeastern, and UMass were all in on him. He is also a hockey player, though football is his best sport. He could be waiting until the season is over before he makes up his mind. I have heard that a prep school is also a possibility for Foote. It would be interesting to see which schools keep tabs on him should he go that route. I doubt he'd go to BC even if they offered after he camped at BC last summer and they basically ignored him the whole time he was there. They saw how (relatively) small he was and that was the last bit of feedback he received.