lexington basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

This is where the game will be decided, IMO.

If Lexington's guards can penetrate they'll win. If Central's 4 guard tandem wears them down or keeps them on the perimeter it will be Central.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Central is a tournament hardened and deep team. Haven't seen Lexington play so don't know how they'll match up. I do know Boston Latin was overmatched in their own gym and Everett was down 15 in the 2nd half before Isaac Johnson almost won the game himself scoring 31 of the Everett 62 points.

Central will pressure the Lexington guards and are good against the press. Keys will be which team's guards best penetrates on offense and will Gonzalez and Morales play well or make a ton of mistakes under pressure as they sometimes do.

Someone posted about the MVC teams beating up on each other giving each other 4 to 5 losses--very true. There is no way Lexington would be undefeated playing in the MVC. The games are wars with up to 1500-2000 fans when the best in the conference go at it. I like the Central guards with 4 guys who can really play. If they do their job and Gonzalez plays well they'll be very difficult to beat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Any team winning 22 games without a loss is good. Lexington was 21-1 the last time Central played them a few years ago and the game was close and tough.

Pressure is on Lexington as they're the higher seed and undefeated.....have more to lose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I'm thinking the score tonights gonna be Lexington 70 Central 65 OT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcos. Show pcos's posts

lexington basketball

THUD! That would be the sound of Lexington taking another early exit from the tournament!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

57-50 Central over Lexington.

At the end of the game at nutcracking time Central guards came up big....they've been there, tournament hardened. Lexinton and their fans looked stunned.

Nice comeback for Central down 23-13 in first hald to pul within 25-20 at the break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoops06. Show hoops06's posts

lexington basketball

I think it actually be 4 out of 5 years. I think Lexington played better most of the game, but Central just made the big shots at the end of the game. Mardsen came up huge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

Lexington was good. If they played in the MVC they'd have had at least 4-5 losses. The league is that tough. In the end Central looked composed and Lexington looked frantic. Central had been in nail biters many times, Lexington hadn't even had a really close game. Down the stretch Central never wavered whereas it looked like Lexington hurried and tightened up.

We figured if it was close at the end Central would win it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billjwja. Show billjwja's posts

lexington basketball

I was there and believe you're right. Lexington outplayed Central most of the game holding slim leads and Central was just hanging in there staying close. However, last 3 minutes Lexington guards got outplayed as it seemed Central wore them down.....Lexington missed 2 key 1 and 1's

Central guards just took it to them in the end making key shots, getting stops, and Central's front court getting the big rebounds as Lexington's big guy Cunha fouled out with around 3 minutes to go.

Classy post by the Lexington fan. The Lexington fans showed up en masse supporting their team, and deserve credit for rowdy support throughout the game. Lexington has a very good team--took a strong Central 2nd half effort to beat them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mizz1990. Show mizz1990's posts

lexington basketball

Lexington fans were great!! Team showed up at 6:00 and there was a HUGE line of Lex fans waiting for the team and went nuts when the team arrived. Great feeling. Thanks Superfans!!!