Missing Significant Boston Sports Injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanielDroukis. Show DanielDroukis's posts

Re: Missing Significant Boston Sports Injuries

I can't remember the year at the moment but I would say that Bruins' defenseman Ted Green getting hit in the head during a fight with Wayne Maki back when I was a kid is a significant Boston sports injury that probably fits here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmick87. Show jmick87's posts

what about Robert Edwards?  the knee injury he suffered while playing flag football during the pro bowl virtually ended his promising career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KLS001. Show KLS001's posts

I'll was just a kid but I clearly remember the image of Jim Rice carrying an injured Jerry Remy off the field after Remy blew out his knee sliding into home against the Yankees July 1, 1979. An All-Star the year before, Remy's career was never the same after that injury.

There was also the Len Bias sudden death in 1986, 2 days after being drafted by the Celtics. There was so much jubilation with the Celtics championship and then the coup of getting Bias only to have him taken away so suddenly. Was a big blow to the Celtics that year and they didn't win another championship until 2008.