Most Dominant High School Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshin75. Show cshin75's posts

Andover Girls Swimming. They havent lost a meet since 1999 and they have won 8 states in a row. I dont care how bad of a sport it is, its still a good accomplishment

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonathanr5565. Show jonathanr5565's posts

Barnstable girls volleyball 10 state champions i believe and the least 4 in a row

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Disgusting good? or bad?

No matter, they'll finish behind the mighty SJP Eagles!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

But you've got to be used to losing to SJP in everything but Hoops and Hockey...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

K-nucklehead Kelly,

I was reminding CMKnight Guy that The Prep had dominated CM and all other CC schools over the years.
    You're only substantiating my point with your Nason Award stats. (But nobody likes a stat geek)
    Go Eagles

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosizzle. Show bosizzle's posts

Sharon High school boys tennis has won the Hockomock League over 20 years in a row, they have a record for most consecutive wins in their league at over 200, and they are D1 state champs the last 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtmoney44. Show mtmoney44's posts

u really have to be kidding me with this tennis talk unless this kid wins ******* wimbeldon then i dont care and prep kids we no u guys win 70% of sports that matter and 100% of sports like swimming, fencing, and of course volleyabll but you guys dont have to argue about it.

Id go with everett football

Duxbury Lax

CM/ BC hockey

Prep can have everything else if they want

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonhockey. Show bostonhockey's posts

w/o a doubt CM HOCKEY they are usually super 8 champs or runner up every single year they're ridiculous

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

I would give hockey to CM at this point. But there run is about to come to an end, or it has already started to fall. BCH has won the last two Super 8's, and been there in the finals several times, all this without a 7th and 8th grade feeder. This fall BCH is opening up to 7th and 8th grade students, so my guess is that within 3 to 4 years BCH will own hockey hands down, this goes for ISL as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from svg4349. Show svg4349's posts

Not as notable as other sports....but Marian High Indoor Track went undefeated from 1995 to 2007

Something like 120 dual meets in a row....that's pretty dominant...no-one was even close in the tri-county league....i thinks thats the only team that's close to Norwell...not the same division, but I also doubt Norwell didnt loose in that time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sweeney334. Show sweeney334's posts

no one can even deny this. obviously one of the most dominant if not the most dominant team ever is the Reading High track team. Didnt lose a single meet for like 16 years until they lost one 3 years back, and are still constantly winning state championships in all different events. They are the most dominant team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gostangs93. Show gostangs93's posts

SOX_FAN_19

the 'commuter' schools in the ISL ALWAYS have the strongest teams in the league. Nobles is the only partial exception - they have a growing 5-day boarding program, but at least since the '80's St. Sebs, Belmont Hill, Thayer and Nobles have finished in varying order @ the top of the ISL.

personally, I would LOVE to see ISL v publics matchups every year in hockey, lacrosse and soccer; it would settle a lot of arguments...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gostangs93. Show gostangs93's posts

a Catholic & Private school state tourney would be interesting but at the very least a tradition of challenge matches between dominant and/or neighboring programs could be healthy and entertaining....I'm equally interested in competition between Parochials, the ISL, & public schools.

I could see a lot of interest in matchups like Nobles vs Catholic Memorial esp in hockey ....CCHs or L-S vs Middlesex/Groton in lax/soccer....BC High or Duxbury vs Milton in hockey/lax....Wellesley/Needham v St. Seb's...hockey/lax

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gostangs93. Show gostangs93's posts

I'm not sure it's a fact that the "poor publics" have to make do with shorter benches less skilled, less physically mature players. I heard these excuses all the time as an ISL student-athlete and they never matched up with the reality I saw. Most ISL teams are filled with decent student-athletes but few blue-chip talents except in hockey or classically "privileged" sports like tennis, squash, and skiing. so I find it hard to believe that ISL's would hold an unnatural advantage over any other class of school

Also, most public schools are 3 times as big as most ISL schools, so the pool depth is definitely in favor of the publics. Even accepting the idea that ISL schools somehow cherrypick the best athletes, there should still be enough talent left over for deep rosters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfanatic. Show superfanatic's posts

Reading Outdoor Track

Undefeated 1970-2001 - 303 Straight Dual Meets without a loss, Middlesex League Champs

Undefeated 2002-2005

2006 8-1

2005 7-1-1

Numerous Class B Relay and State Meet Championships

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtmoney44. Show mtmoney44's posts

u kidding me otis with any girls sport in the first place and volleyball to boot. no1 cares what you have to say about anything. Yea private schools might talk to kids in 8th grade if they come look at the school or go to a camp, but thats because they are good. The problem is ur public high school just isnt good enough to bring kids in. I dont see duxbury havin a problem with lacrosse or everett with footbal. Go waste time and watch ur daughter or gf play volleyball and stop posting anything on this site.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodder508. Show capecodder508's posts

Anyone who calls themself "Bushguy" has no credability. Bush is the worst president in our nation's history!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodder508. Show capecodder508's posts

You have problems puck. Obviously jealous/sour grapes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

...and a Capecodder is the biggest waste of Vodka!!! Nah,Nah,Nah Nah!!!

Maybe Bushguy has nothing to do with George W. Bush, oh narrowminded one.

Also, anyone that doesn't know how to spell credibility shouldn't use the word.

Good Day. Go Sox!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hbvgamer. Show hbvgamer's posts

I really think Waltham HIgh Baseball is going to be great this year, new and better coach along with a strong sophomore core. The sophs will be there 3 years making Waltham HIgh virtually unbeatable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Spectator,

SJP is not playing on a level playing field with most of their MIAA competition. Kids choose to apply to be a part of the competitive programs that regularly compete for state tiltles and if they score well on the entrance test and/or show athletic/music/drama potential they would get in. The school then helps students that they want with aid where needed. There's no athletic bias, just the abiltiy to draw 350 boys per class. This puts them on an even playing field with other Catholic schools, but with bigger #'s than some and gives them an advantage over most of their out of conference competition.

As far as why SJP doesn't play in a more competitive league, you're a bit off base. They play in the most dominant Hockey, Football, and Baseball conference. One of the top Soccer and Basketball conferences andhave won State titles in other sports. There's no tougher conference to play in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Spectator,
    You're somewhat all over the place in this post, but from what I can understand you agree with
    most of what I said in my post and/or absolutely contradict your own self in your second and third
    paragraphs. Fact is that schools with a higher enrollment have more kids to select from when
    filling their rosters and these same schools with successful programs will draw kids with the potential to be
    part of these succeses. Of course economics is a significant factor, it's a part of life. Most schools like
    SJP, however, do a decent job of accepting a significant % of kids that qualify but need some financial aid.

I don't understand what you're going for with the last paragraph inyour post. 99% of the time College recruitors are able tolook at a successful team and figure out the players that can get tothe next level
    successfully, leaving the others to figure on their own their next step.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Spectator,
    I've not meant to be disrespectful in responding to your posts and I find your 'holier than thou' attitude
    comes accross as schtick.
    I originally responded to a post of yours that inferred SJP didn'toffer scholarships and that is how they could defend not belonging to atougher league. I ask again. Where do they go? You had noresponse because there is no answer. They're where they'resupposed to be.
    In your later post you offered that kids in better programs look betteron a recruitment form. I agree they might get some additionalexposure, but scholarships only get handed out to the cream of the crop.
    Money plays a more and more part in the development of athletes in allsports. Some more than others. The MVC includes Andover, CentralCatholic, Haverhill, Lowell. Is it any surprise that Andover,Chelmsford and Central Catholic dominate Baseball and Hockey? Theless wealthy schools are more competitive in track, basketball(football when they can get kids to stick with it) and this won'tchange. The Andover kids go to camps, get more ice time andbetter private instruction. Just about any kid from Andover couldfind the means to get into SJP, CC, Austin Prep, etc. They chooseto stay in Andover and a big reason why is the traditional success ofAndover in athletics. They've lost some football players to Catholicsand Prep schools, probably because Andover is less competitive infootball.

The MIAA considers the system as fair and competitive as it canbe. If somebody can come up with a better system, great. Ifnot, lets not make stuff up about schools to tarnish their successes.
    Go Dice K

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Spectator,

Let it go or come clean as to what you have against the Catholic Conference, or is it just SJP. There is no more competitive league for these teams to play in. Fact is BCH, CM and SJP could compete with the local prep schools in most sports, despite having no post grads. Many of the successful Public programs could also. Hockey is the sport that draws the highest % of kids to the prep schools and is the only sport where the preps would dominate MIAA programs. Because of the raw numbers participating in larger schools, Catholics and Publics would compete in all other sports against these schools with post grads. Prep schools have smaller enrollments. They alsohave nothing to do with the MIAA. Their is no cross competition between Preps and MIAA schools. The MIAA needs to approve league membership and has moved schools to other conferences to increase competitiveness, such as moving Revere from the GBL to the NEC in some sports where their enrollment matches up better.

I'm curious why you keep this up without offering any other option.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but in the Globe rating system, CM doesn't come close to SJP. Every year it's SJP followed by BC High in the Catholic school rating. They do both have more students. Boston magazine also subjectively named them the top school for sports in the state.