super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

Worldwidetixx, I believe you are spot on in your player evaluations; very insightful.

I do believe that you left Westminster Prep's Tommy Cross off your list. He is from CT and is listed as the 10th ranked N.A. skater

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I am their Dad's oldest brother,their Dad was a pretty good baseball player also.I have seen them play this hockey season,5 times so far.I don't usually talk to Don but I do talk to Steve almost every game before he gets dressed to play.

If you play baseball with them then maybe I have seen you play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

Now it is wait and see if they make the Super 8,They hung in there pretty good against two of the best schools in the state.

My brother told me that the game could've been a lot more lobsided but Steve Hopkins kept them in the game.They just couldn't score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

From what I was told by my brother,that BCH totally dominated the first period.The game could've been 5 or 6 to nothing,but Waltham's goaltender (Steve Hopkins)stood on his head to keep the score at 2-0.

From then on,it was back and forth with the play being fairly even.I also read the account in the News-Tribune which said pretty much the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from therick9. Show therick9's posts

super 8 outlook

Initial recommendations from Coaches Committee, as confirmed by Boston Globe

1. Catholic Memorial
    2. St. John's Prep
    3. BC High
    4. Malden Catholic
    5. Weymouth
    6. Austin Prep
    7. Reading
    8. Waltham
    9. Central Catholic
    10. Springfield Cathedral
    11. Woburn
    12. Needham

AP and Reading should be switched...I don't see how they could possiblygive the 6 spot to AP after their end of season performances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmorgan14. Show jrmorgan14's posts

super 8 outlook

Bishop Geurtin is a proven team. They smoked Arlington 8-0. From what i was told it was a s..hit show and BG comepletely dominated Arlington. They actually beat them twice. They are the best team in NH and would be in the Super 8 if they were from MA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

At the risk of sounding like a homer,I think Waltham should've been in the top 6.They lost three games,1 each to the #2 and #3 seeds and neither game was a blowout.

AP lost to Hingham and Waltham beat Hingham,yet they got the eighth seed.I think they should just keep all the public schools in their respective divisions playoffs and leave the Super 8 to the Catholic Schools.Just my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I am their Dad's oldest brother,I live in Maine and try to get to as many games as I can for all the sports they play.It is hard to see the High School baseball games because of the times of the games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I think it is pipedream but is it really fair to public schools to be lumped into this Tournament with very little,if none it all,hope of winning the whole thing.

We could go on and on about the public vs Private,but the fact is that Public Schools have to draw from that particular town while Private can draw from anywhere in the state.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stim8ed. Show stim8ed's posts

super 8 outlook

I thought I heard that the rule will go into effect next year. This years play-in losers will be allowed into the D1 tourney. I think it was Coach Donovan from Weymouth that confired that right after the rule change meeting... But I might be wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

super 8 outlook

I remember reading an article that said that the new rules start in 2008,so if I am correct then the losers of the play-in games drop to the Div 1 Tournament.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

no if you lose the play in you are then dropped to the d1 tourney. Starting in 2008 if you lose the play in game your season is over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

that's incorrect that doesn't go into effect until 2008

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

you just answered your own question about Reading-They didn't play bad against CM and they still lost 4-1. The game was never in question and they scored their lone meaningless goal late on the power play. they don't have the horses to play the top teams like CM,BC High,MC.......I do pick them to upset SJP.I have been saying it all along that SJP is a #10 seed wrapped in a #2 seeds hockey jersey. Their weaknesses will be exposed in the Super 8-Those ties will need to be finished and that will spell trouble. If anything Waltham should have been the top Public- They played SJP to a 6-4 game (1 EN) and BC High 2-0 (0-0 after the 1st period). Reading got manhandled by CM & BC High; Weymouth had a great regular season but is untested.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

they are a EXTREMELY overrated team. I am happy with their seeding though- They will finish no better than 1-2 in their bracket . They have 1 quality win all season and that was against MC with 20 seconds left. I hardly see how wins against Bellows (2) St Johns Shrewsbury (2) is a strong team. They finished 1-2-3 against the top teams (CM #1, BC High #3, MC#4). They will have their hands full with Reading. BAHHHH BAAAAHHH a #10 seed in a #2 seeds jersey! I can't wait to hear the Reading student body roll out the SJP chant......"OVER RATED" OVER RATED"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

yes, Austin has an outstanding goalie and that spells trouble in tourney games. Look for a 3-1 AP win

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

In years past the higher ranked teams played the late games. I would think MC and Weymouth will be game #1 and BC High Reading the prime time game. Hey Wey, anywhere I can catch and video on your boys? Who are the players to watch? I heard the goalie has played pretty well this year? Is he solid? If so Weymouth could realy be a nice sleeper

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

the Central Waltham winner goes to CM's bracket and the AP Woburn winner goes to SJP's. CM is beatable this year as well.....I would say BC High is the scariest team in this tourney. they are the most physical and could dominate their bracket

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

SJP is a VERY OVERRATED team 1-2-3 against the big teams. What did they do against the CCL this year? Beat AC in a barn burner 1-0 and tied Autin Prep. They squeak one out against Waltham and tied a Central Catholic team that was POUNDED by St Mary's of Lynn. 4 Wins against sub 500 teams....Tied Austin Prep, tied Medford......I mean the list goes on and on. I have seen them play alot this year. Their only decisive wins were against BELLOWS who is a 2-3rd rate team if they were in MASS and SJS who was A F W F U L this year. Mark my words they will come crashing back to earth and everyone will be saying "wow TIXX was on the money" this team is average how were they a 2 seed? Let's reconvene after the reading game!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

how did SJP perform against the Super 8 teams? 2-2-5!! TWO WINS in 9 games????? 1 against MC with 20 seconds left and a squeaker against Waltham 6-4 (1 Empty Netter).

Should we EXPOSE it some more? say these names slowly and look for a solid top 10 team...

St, Johns Shrewsbury..........Bellows....................Bellows......................St Johns of Shrewsbury..................Medford.............Hingham..................Talk about OVER RATED with a CAPITAL O!!!

I hope for your sake that they don't get blown out by Reading......Their fans will be all over you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

#10 seed in a # 2 Sweater or a real #2 seed.......It depends on which way you look at it. I'm staring at it straight in the face and it smells like HORSE PUCKY! I have seen SJP play 8 times this year and have easily seen over 100 games this year across New England and I can guarantee I forgot mor about hockey than the Super 8 committee knows! That is a fact so save me the MIAA knows this and knows that,,,,,,,It is a committe made up of educaters and school administrators not HOCKEY aficionados.

A hot streak???? SJP is on a hot streak???? They finished 3-1-2 in the month of February. In that strecth they had trouble with a W E A K Arlington Catholic team (they were BELOW .500 at the time) that was on the brink of missing the tourney for the first time in 15 years . They had their hands full with Waltham and pulled it out late in the 3rd period .They tied a Central Catholic team that was absolutely throttled by St. Marys (NOT ST. Marks don't get all confused) this week. They tied BC High again (because SJP can't put the puck in the ocean).....and then rounded out the the season with a loss to Notre Dame CT which is nothing better than an AVERAGE team........SJP has scored only 13 goals in the last MONTH that's barely 2 goals a game.

BC High finished the season off 4-1-1 only loss was to CM (not the Notre Dame of CT) and MC who should have been the 2 seed 7-0-0 including a win against the #1 team CM.

Have you seen Reading play this year?? I'm not saying they are any thing special but if you look at COMMON OPPONENTS AC, CM and BC High......They played them about as tough as you have!! They have an outstanding line that will give SJP all it can handle and they have pulled these upsets before.

SJP will play Reading and be looking past them towards the BC High game and is going to be in for a RUDE awakening. I just hope that their sake they win game 1 because if they don't they'll be looking at elimination against Reading (because there is no way SJP will knock off BC High) and they will be in a dogfight against a team that can SCORE.

Let the players do the talking over the next 10-14 days and I promise you I'll be sitting here with my feet up laughing at how predictable this was......just do me a favor just show up here afterwards and let me hear all the excuses of why they lost !!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I believe tomorrow is 6:10 and 8:20 for the play ins and round 1 on Wednesday is 5:00 and 7:00

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

GUnit- You must be a straight up gangsta G??? Wuzz up wuzz up wuzzup. I've never seen a gangsta rock some bling with penny loafers! A prep gangsta.....that's as good as a it gets. You must get heated when moms doesn't let you roll with the fellas on a school night. You the shizzle!

SJP is a top 10 team but they are by NO MEANS a #2. I said they were an average team and the numbers are clear as day.

CM was easily the #1 team during the regular season and probably will roll to their 17th title in 20 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

I believe so and the early game should be MC and the late game CM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

so you rock the 24 cap or you're just a red neck with a fishing pole and shot gun in the back of the old chevy??