super 8 outlook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dontwantascreenname. Show dontwantascreenname's posts

super 8 outlook

ok - all those at the weymouth/austin game...........................i agree with letting the boys play - but quite a few missed calls - especially on when king skated down boards....tripped - and then crossed checked. two seconds after that - foley intefered with in front of net. Have to call one of these?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Jjim-who'd you play for Hingham or Triton?? they were a great team and it was a great game. Our goalie was a freshman who went 16-1-1 dow the stretch and took us to the promised land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbaneely. Show bubbaneely's posts

super 8 outlook

I agree with the cross check, but not the tripping, don't recall the interference. Overall I thought Weymouth got away with more than did AP. I thought the holding call on AP that led to the 3rd Weymouth goal was ridiculous. They were both wresting, call both or none on that one.

Congratulations to Weymouth, it was a great game! The rink was packed and loud; and the game was a roller coaster. Great HS hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

Tixx, If I read right, you played for AP on '89 -D2 champs. You beat Rockland in opening round, something like 12-8 (strange game, playing the 4th line and backup golaie most of the 3rd and let them back in) and beat Canton 6-2 in second round (2-1) going into the 3rd, but had more depth. You beat Matignon in Round 3, then Acton 3-2 in the E-mass finals?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjim1234. Show jjim1234's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey, some great stats there. Any more books? Interesting to note the teams that aren't listed that are known to be D1 powers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

correct and Springfield Cathedral for the State Championship. Rockland was the opener and it was a SLOPPY game.Canton was the team I was thinking not Triton. They were all over us early on. The Matignon game was the ugly game but is was nice to knock them off because we couldn't beat them for a couple years.... we had great Seniors that year...Ervin,Scourletis, Grava, Pasquale, but our goalie Diddario carried us

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

super 8 outlook

Tixx,
    Following this post a little has left me wondering where some of thisstuff comes from. Who, or at least for what level do you scoutfor? Why as an alumnus of AP did you not have the stones topick them over Weymouth? I only read you stating thatWeymouth would not win it all, not who would beat them.
    AP had a great year, be proud.

Oh, and another thing...I think many people are now clear about your disdain for The Prep. You, like many,
    have Prep Envy. Understanding that The Prep has a much largerenrollment than AP, I thought it was cute that you make fun of The Prepfor winning State Championships in Swimming, maybe Fencing, etc. but
    fail to mention the many Championships won in Baseball, Football, Soccer, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

know the Fitzgeralds well; no Tom didn't Brian came in 1990 as a Freshman. He was on the 90-91 State runner up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

super 8 outlook

Tixx,
    The Prep pulls from further away than they did in the 80's and 90's. They are a much less elitist institution
    than they were in the past. They accept kids that are interested inPerforming Arts, Academics, Athletics, etc and have a more well roundedmix of students than they had in the 80's and 90's. They accept25-30% of
    all applicants and offer much more aid than they did to get kids of average wealth into their school.
    Not sure why you headed to AP in the late 80's when the Prep wasplaying against D1 competition, had won it all a few years previous andsent a bunch of players to D1 and at least a few to the pros?

As scout and an adult, and I know the Prep hasn't had many prospects inrecent years, I'm surprised you'd show such a bias when arguing withsome that are obviously Prep students.

Just my take

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bushguy. Show bushguy's posts

super 8 outlook

The Prep won 1 with Carpenter in 80, and another in 85.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

SJP has changed tremendously over the past few years. It is defintely the best HS around (very strong in all athletics and academics) but the administration has lost its roots.....tell me if they are attracting the average kids now then why is MC able to attract kids right in their back yard? They need to take a look in the mirror and realize where it all started and refocus what thei philosophy really is..........as for picking AP over SJP it was easy we played alot of D1 Schools CM, SJP, Billericas, etc and we were turning out State Titles 86,89 and Runner up in 90. SJP couldn't hang after 85 they had some individual stars but tailed off considerably after Kelfer, Hodge and Moccias group....they have a couple of potential D1 players DiCarlo and Miller but when you talk to a SJP group you would think they were the Russians in the 80's! AP has been doing a nice job over the past few years....look at my boy Capraro tonight lighting the lamp in HIGHLIGHT reel fashion and leading the #10 team in the nation in scoring......He'll sign a free agent deal right after the NCAA tourney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

super 8 outlook

The player from AP in the late 80's that really stood head & shoulders above the rest was Rich Lombardozzi. Did he ever end up going pro??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-You have been top notch since day one.........That AP Weymouth game was like a home game for your CATS. Something tells me tomorrow will be like that as well. I love seeing the teams that are new to the Super 8 respond with the massive crowds. Weymouth's fan support has been as impressive as the is run through the tourney. I know its hard to gauge how Weymouth would have done in the CC...I venture to guess they probably would have done pretty well. There is no denying this bunch they are a great TEAM......Cinderella or not we'll find out tomorrow. I can say one thing this years format is better for Weymouth than the last public team-Medford -to reach the final. When Medford played CM in 1993 they came from the losers bracket and would have had to beat CM twice in a row. The single elimination semi & finals defintely gives Weymouth a better shot. Im just happy I picked the 2 correct finalist after Weymouth knocked off MC..I felt the only team that matched Weymouth's size and physical play was BC High so we'll see what happens....BC High has a ton of pressure on them (Weymouth will have some butterflies but hey who thought they would be here?) . Weymouth is a better defensive team than CM and CM held BC High to 13 shots on Thursday so I think they have their hands full...They are expected to win this game and need to save the entire conference!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Upset Sunday?

Does the glass slipper fit Cinderella at the Super 8 Sunday????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Outstanding season for all the teams that played in the postseason this year.

Super 8 All Tourney Teams

1st Team

D-Vasilchuk- BC High

D-Tuplin-Weymouth

F-King -Weymouth

F-Heller-BC High

F-Collins-CM

G-Cannata BC High

2nd Team

D- Starrett- CM

D-Keenan-CM

F-Foley- Weymouth

F-Rosata-CM

F-Tracia-AP

G-Casey- AP

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Kally-Thanks for the keen observation. I'd love to respond but I heard that they were running a 2 for 1 special on MATCH.COM during happy hour. I have to throw my NIKE's on and prepare for the long walk to the cyber cafe!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from worldwidetixx. Show worldwidetixx's posts

super 8 outlook

Wey-He was actually my pick. I typed in the wrong name. Tuplin is a D1 type DMan. You are 100% right I think he was the best DMan in the tourney. I have corrected that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchrob91. Show bchrob91's posts

super 8 outlook

dmnc - Yeah it must be getting incredibly old for anyone not a BC or CM fan. It was great to be playing a different team, especially a public this year, rather than CM. Don't get me wrong I'll never get sick of seeing my team in there. I don't know if you will solve the problem by having publics play in the CC or having them play a CC type schedule. It will probably help their chances of getting in the tourney (Super 8), if they fare well, but the outcomes might continue to be the same.

I only see the seperation growing in the future. BC High is finally going the way of CM and adding 7th and 8th grade to the mix. Now you are going to have kids that will be in a program for 6 years, that should make for some pretty good teams. I know I would like to send my son if he is still interested in 4 more years. I'll have to start saving now (that sux).