Weekly Emass B-ball top ten

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlee74. Show hlee74's posts

Wareham is definitely touch even after losing sophomore gaurd Denzel to Lawrence Academy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoopdog1. Show hoopdog1's posts

Great stuff, thinking1. I love these polls. Boston Preps used to do them a few years ago. Don't be afraid to move people around based on what you hear that can be confirmed, or what you see. In D4, Southeastern needs to be listed as well as Avon. They are for real.

Also, after Friday, you will see Abington jump past Norwell. Abington has all the pieces to challenge Archies/Wareham this season. They are tough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoopdog1. Show hoopdog1's posts

I think next week is the first week of standings in the papers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrkbow. Show jrkbow's posts

everyone should watch out for Lexington...they are for real...all 5 starters are experienced seniors...huge game tomorrow home against watertown...two undefeated teams goin at it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bullets. Show bullets's posts

Saw last nightÆs match up between your D1 #1 -->Lexington--> and D3 #1 -->-->Watertown-->--> (77-47). In the early minutes -->-->Watertown-->--> demonstrated a quick, fluid offense and a tenacious, aggressive defense. But over the course of the game -->-->Lexington-->-->Æs incredible depth and versatility prevailed. Henneberry got into his shooting groove late in the first half and Sullivan controlled the pace of the game. -->-->Lexington-->--> starters and particularly the reserves demonstrated solid offense but were even more impressive on defense. You had mentioned that your rankings are based largely on won/loss recordsà not sure any D3 team will challenge -->Watertown--> the way -->-->Lexington-->--> did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from memphis257. Show memphis257's posts

I have seen Eastie play a couple times and I would definitly place them the best team in the North Division 1, with wins coming against some of the best competition beating Holy Name away, and Charlestown away, Lexington is definitly close behind, with BCH being the best out of the South Division 1 with a toss up with Madison Park, Braintree is much better than Weymouth in the games I saw them play in the Braintree Holiday Tournament, they are very well coached.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogsfan07. Show dogsfan07's posts

You have to watch out for Rockland. They lost three tough games to OA and WH and a1 point game to Silver Lake . Another lost was to Charlstown which was a 1 point game at half. They also beat Scituate at Scituate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gilhoj. Show gilhoj's posts

Thinking 1, not sure where you got Lawrence's record at 11-2. They are 9-3, same record as Central Catholic. Lawrence has lost to Eastie, Methuen (ouch), and Lincoln Sudbury this past Sunday. Central just beat Newton North in OT 83-77, after a tough loss Friday to Lawrence (64-52). Central's pre-season Dream Teamer (Yo) Adrian Gonzalez played his best game of the year, scoring 32 points with 15 rebounds. Lawrence and Central are the 2 best in the MVC again, with Andover close behind. Both teams suffered a loss when their best players were suspended for disciplinary reasons. Lawrence's Alex Oviedo is a slick point guard with 3 point range, and when he's on, there's nobody tougher to guard. Central lacks the outside scoring option, but gets great inside play from Gonzalez, Tim Wheeler, and Chris Morales. 6'8" freshman Carson Deroschers will be someone to keep an eye on in coming years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoopdog1. Show hoopdog1's posts

Thinking1 - with all these questions about where people "fit" in with your polls, I would just include a line that says the polls/rankings are from records ONLY, each time you post. There is no interpretation going on here, it is just where the records would indicate seedings, just as the MIAA will do it at the end of the season. I enjoy looking them over. Fenwick's win was solid - but thebea, I think it is much more an indication of problems over there at Archies. Things are not coming together as they did last season.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blckgold87. Show blckgold87's posts

Re-think division 2 north. There's no way a team like Chelsea could play with a Belmont or Woburn especially since chelsea got beat by wakefield by 40 pts in their own gym by a wakefield team without their best player, Nick Serino.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejg904. Show thejg904's posts

Ipswich should not be removed from the top 20

best division 4 team, tooled on masco, wilmington, newburyport, georgetown, north reading

easily could be undefeated, had the refs at north andover game hadn't sucked, even though the team did go cold. They should make a good run in the D-2 tournament, along with Wilimngton, even though we beat em by 20

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from galvao1. Show galvao1's posts

thinking1, i agree with ur top ten, good work