3. Ronnie Perry -CM
    4. Pat Ewing- CRL
    5. Felton Sealy-Don Bosco

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bij7g22. Show bij7g22's posts

Who's The Best You Ever Saw???

max kerman/bobby murgo/chris hurley

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

Lot of great names up there...original Boston 6 etc...Mike Herren, at least at the hs level, should also be included...played with such intensity/heart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Patrick Ewing @ # 12? How can you be an NBA Hall of Fame player & not be # 1? In 1981 he had the whole state watching & waiting for his decision. It was even on TV..... Most of the guys mentioned never played college ball & the ones who did were average college players

Ewing was the most dominant player ever, by far....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Matt Curley was a below average college player, & his br other played in the NBA...

Matt was NOT the best Curley brother

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

Cr&L PATRICK EWING... C'mon people surely you have to know he is better that all of the names you have provided thus far. I beleive CR&L went 88-1 with Ewing there...I mean seriously.. The guy is a NBA HOFer... No brainer people...

2nd Tier:

Rumeal Robinson, Travis Best, Ron Perry, Ron Lee, Bill Curley, Steve Bucknall

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigool. Show bigool's posts

Anyone ever heard of Rufus Harris from Framingham South High School. He played under Smokey Moresi in the early 80's and went to Maine and set the all-time scoring record which still stands. He was also drafted by the '86' Celtics fresh off another champion run, but got cut do to some off the court issues. He gets my vote hands down as the best i ever saw!!! Tyhe man was just bad!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlee74. Show hlee74's posts

I have been very impressed by Brian Rudolph. besides the troubles this past year he is an incredible talent. I hope he gets to a decent Div. 1 program. I think if he does he will be in the NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

Never heard of him and are you sure he got drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1986? Bostons 1986 draft picks were as follows:

Rd 1 Len Bias (Maryland)

Rd 4 Tony Benford (Texas)

Rd 5 Dave Colbert (Dayton)

Rd 6 Greg Wendt (Detroit)

Rd 7 Ton Ivey (Boston Univ)

There is no one with the last name of Harris in the entire 1986 Draft??????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigool. Show bigool's posts

Sorry I was wrong on the year he was drafted here is a list of the 1980 Celtics draft picks off of databasebasketball.com

RndNameCollege/HS/CountryNote
    1Kevin McHaleMinnesota
    2Arnette HallmanPurdue
    3Ron PerryHoly Cross
    3Donald NewmanIdaho
    4Kevin HamiltonIona
    5Rufus HarrisMaine
    6Kenny EvansNorfolk State
    7Les HansonVirginia Tech
    8Steve WrightBoston U
    9Brian JungNorthwestern
    10John NolanProvidence

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

OK. I found Rufus Harris bio.. He was drafted in the 1980 draft not 1986. Big discrepancy but anyway kind of figured he wasnt going to beat out a guy nmaed Kevin McHale who the Celtics also drafted that year (1980)... Incidently Ron Perry was also drafted in 1980 by Boston.

The Celtics that year (1980) picks by round:

Rd 1 Kevin McHale (Minnesota) 5th overall

Rd 2 Arnette Hallman (Purdue) 46th overall

Rd 3 Ron Perry (Holy Cross) 54th overall

Rd 3 Donald Newman (Idaho) 69th overall

Rd 4 Kevin Hamilton (Iona) 92nd overall

Rd 5 Rufus Harris (Maine) 114th overall

Rd 6 Kenny Evans (Norfolk State) 137th overall

Rd 7 Les Hanson (Virginia Tech) 158th overall

Rd 8 Steve Wright (Boston Univ) 177th overall

Rd 9 Brian Jung (Northwestern) 197th overall

Rd 10 John Nolan (Providence) 212th overall (last player in entire draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

You must be getting old like me and confusing years...JK He must've been pretty good as he was elected to U of Maine HoF (1983)..Sorry I missed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejg904. Show thejg904's posts

It may be prep school

but god damn MIchael Beasley is amazing

saw him at Chelsea high

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

JGBAMBI-

It was 1980 the Year the Celtics drafted McHale.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlown87. Show mlown87's posts

AS A FORMER DURFEE HIGH PLAYER 1983-1987 (STATE CHAMPS '84 )I HAD A CHANCE TO SEE ,IN MY OPINION SOME OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN THE STATE ALL TIME.

MIKE SHELBY,CURTIS JACKSON,GREG MCMURTRY,ODELL WILSON,ORLANDO VANDROSS

AND THAT WAS JUST BROCKTON-RUMEAL ROBINSON,THE JARVIS BOYS,LANCE DOTTIN AND JIM EDGEHILL-CAMBRIDGE

ROGER LEWIS ,STEVE WYNN -NEW BEDFORD

THE MIDDLETON BOYS AT LEXINGTON

HAD THE PLEASURE TO PLAY WITH BRIAN ONEIL AND PAUL HART IN 84 AND ALSO

MIKE HERREN IN 86-87 -THE YEAR BEFORE HE WON BACK TO BACK STATE TITLES

MOST INTENSE PLAYER I EVER SAW-BETTER THAN HIS BROTHER AT THAT LEVEL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlown87. Show mlown87's posts

YOU ARE RIGHT AND HOW ABOUT ALL THOSE RECENT CHARLESTOWN TEAMS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gilhoj. Show gilhoj's posts

In person? Easy - they would have to be great HS players who went on to the NBA.

Patrick Ewing was the best player to ever play in EMass, by far. His teams were almost unbeatable, and he dominated each and every game.

Others: Dana Barros (Xaverian), Ronnie Lee (Lexington), and someone that people forget about - Bob Carrington (Archbishop Williams, early 70s). Carrington went on to BC and the NJ Nets. I was at Central Catholic in approx 1971, and we were leading heavily-favored Williams by 8-10 pts going into the 4th quarter. The Williams coach instructed his players to get the ball to Carrington EVERY time, and I think he scored about 24 points in the last 8 minutes to win the game. What a player!

King Gaskins at CM was probably the best guard of his era. Games he had at Central's gym in the old New England Catholic Schools tournament are legendary to old timers like me. Marvin Safford of Holy Name (Worcester) was outstanding too.

And last buit not least, my friend and local hoop hero, Danny Cargill of Lawrence High School in the 70s - still the all time leading scorer there with over 1600 points, all before the advent of 3 pointers. He would have been a 2000 point scorer had there been a 3 point line back then. Never saw a shot he didn't like, and single-handedly reversed the hoop program at Lawrence, which had experienced 50+ consecutive losses prior to his freshman year. What a great shooter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlee74. Show hlee74's posts

Would anyone agree that of late Anthony Gurley of Newton North and Brian Rudolph of New Bedford. If your saying Chris Herron you have to add Brian to the list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonag11. Show jasonag11's posts

ronnie lee...lloyd mumford?? what about him...he averaged 35 a game his senior year...and was mvp of the boston shootout...sconie penn...chris herron...jamal jackson...that wud be my starting five..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from arta35g. Show arta35g's posts

King Gaskins was nasty. Played for CM in the 70's. I saw him do a 360, double-pump, off the glass from about 20 feet out against Bosco. He was the original human highlight film.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigool. Show bigool's posts

Don't know about you, but i beleive the rest of us are mentioning the "The best you ever saw". I grew up a huge Ewing and Knick fan and obviously it would be hard to say he isn't the best player out of MA. However i never "SAW" him play other than in a pro uniform. And i believe many people responing to this thread never saw him play as well , but then that's what makes this issue so interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlown87. Show mlown87's posts

actually mike herren and patrick ewing were the only

3 time players of the year in ma.herren in his 4 yr career was an astounding

94-8 including 51-1 his last 2 yrs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

Ok Here's my line-up:

PG Dana Barros

SG Travis Best

F Ron Perry

F Bill Curley

C Patrick Ewing

6th Man Steve Bucknall

Coach Mike Jarvis

And YES I've seen them all play (In HS)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wjfein. Show wjfein's posts

How about B.C.High`s Terry Driscoll who went on to a stellar career at Boston College and was the number 2 pick in the 69 nba draft behind,only exceeded that year by #1 pick Lew Alcindor a.k.a. Kareem Abdul Jabaar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

wjfein-

Please don't put too much weight to where a player is picked in the draft... The greatest player on the planet was chosen 3rd! Behind the superstar Sam Bowie *L*

1985 Draft:

1. Olajuwon

2. Bowie

3. Some guy named JORDAN!

Beleive me I've heard his name repeated alot more than that Bowie guy and same for that Alcindor guy.. Heard his name alot more than Terry Driscoll...Driscoll may have been a very good player but clearly not the best to ever come out of MASS HS Basketball. That honor goes to Mr Patrick Ewing of CR&L.