"Parcells loves Tebow"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

"Parcells loves Tebow"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/04/parcells-love-tebow/

"Parcells loves Tebow"

parcells-clicks.jpgRosenthal has reached his Tim Tebow quota for the day.  I haven't.

So now I will.

Pat Kirwan of NFL.com, in a recent effort to identify the teams that potentially will draft Tebow, writes that a former NFL head coach said of Dolphins V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells, "Parcells loves Tebow."

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald thinks that Tebow is a "bigger, stronger, better" (but slower) version of Pat White, a second-round pick in 2009.  And Salguero thinks that, if Tebow is available when the Dolphins use their third-round selection (No. 73 overall), Parcells and company will pounce.

But Tebow likely will be long gone before pick 72.  And the Dolphins, who have invested no fewer than five second-round picks on quarterbacks since 2004 (trade for A.J. Feeley (2004), trade for Daunte Culpepper (2006), John Beck (2007), Chad Henne (2008), Pat White (2009)), would be unwise, to say the least, to use anything higher than a third-round pick on Tebow.

Actually, we believe that Parcells was duped into taking Pat White in 2009 due to the widespread belief that Patriots coach Bill Belichick would select White with one of the umpteen second-round selections that New England had -- just as we believe Belichick's rope-a-dope in 2008 cajoled the Jets into taking Vernon Gholston at No. 6 overall, when Belichick actually coveted the far superior Jerod Mayo.

Though we're not prepared to suggest that Parcells is trying to get someone to reach for Tebow before the Dolphins use the eleventh pick in round two (No. 43 overall), we'd be shocked if the Dolphins were to use a sixth second-rounder on a quarterback.

Finally, let's not overlook the fact that Parcells and Tebow share an agent -- Jimmy Sexton.  So even if Parcells' experiences with Pat White have taught him that limited-role quarterbacks may be a mistake, Parcells would have no reason to profess anything other than love for Tebow.

Remember, this is the time of year when teams that love a given player will spread negative info in the hopes that the player slides through the cracks -- and when teams that hate a player will try to help build buzz in the hopes that someone drafting earlier will burn a pick on on the player, pushing one more step farther down the board a player that the team really wants.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: "Parcells loves Tebow"

Hmmm, well reading from the good book of Tewbow, he is the next comming Messiah for the NFL. He will not only be a number 1 quaterback, but he will help to change the gun carrying thugs, the perverts and rapest's, thieves, drunk drivers, wife beaters, murderers and greedy players. Now that leaves just 12 normal players and those are going to be his decipels. If Im not mistaken the Pope is working hand in hand with the NFL for this very draft!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Can Tebow walk on water too?
    I wish my talent at my position was so mediocre and yet I was so heralded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

let him have him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Tom Curran a noted Patriots appologist... a bit too bought into the team for me even said he would blow up Belichick if he takes Tebow in the first two rounds and went on to say he hoped he wouldn't take him at all when you have a draft this deep with very good players who can help you now...

I agree totally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

belichick duped parcells into drafting pat white? is the author on crack? the dolphins wanted to try and bring an aerial element to the wildcat is why they drafted white

and just say no to tebow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: "Parcells loves Tebow":
    belichick duped parcells into drafting pat white? is the author on crack? the dolphins wanted to try and bring an aerial element to the wildcat is why they drafted white and just say no to tebow
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Totally agree. Parcells knows football talent. He isn't going to be duped into taking any player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'm still sorta tryin' to decipher the relevancy here...it's sorta murky to me. 

Is it that According to a Writer who's quoting a different writer's presumption in a story @ NFL.com that "Parcells LOVES Tebow", Due to the fact that the 2nd Writer himself is quoting a 3rd Writer from a Miami Newspaper, WHO (the 3rd writer) "contends" that Parcell's WILL select Tim Tebow IF Tebow's there in Round 3, Because Tebow's hailed as the Messiah in Florida, AND that lately Miami likes selecting QBs early on in the Draft with certain qualities that Tebow shares, BUT we should as readers take note that it may all be a smokescreen from Parcell's in order so another draftee can fall further down draft boards, OR because Parcells and Tebow share the same agent....THAT NOW, The New England Patriots should really look at what Tim Tebow offers as an NFL Player/QB, themselves, BEFORE Miami and the great Bill Parcells "supposedly" selects him, BEFORE NE has a chance to instead (according to the theory of Florida based writer #3)?