"SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

"SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!

He can play on the left side or the right, When the Pat's used a high pick on this guy, I said In Bill we Trust.......... turn's out this huge guy is turning heads in training camp!!!!!!! Anyone that can protect BRADY is fine with me!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Re: "SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!

Sounds to me like if he's not a starter by the end of this season then he will be next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

he has reportedly been playing both sides of the OL which is difficult to do. This leads me to presume that he will be at the very least a premiere backup, if not a starter at some point before '10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Can we at least see him in few games first.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: "SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!:
    [QUOTE]Can we at least see him in few games first.....
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

Killjoy!  He was close to getting his HoF jacket fitted before you burst his bubble :^)

Your point is 100% correct.  All these new guys need to play in real games before we really know anything solid about them.  All that said, good news from training camp is still better than bad news from training camp.  As for Sea Bass, even BB seemed to put some praise upon him (insofar as BB praises rookies).  I'm crossing my fingers.  The O-Line is the one area on offense where I'm not completely convinced we are as good as some say we are.  Maybe I just can't get the Super Bowl out of my head.  It's easy to forget that the Giants D had a bunch of studs.  And it's not like our O-Line lost that game for us anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

OH MY GOD!!  I didn't know Gisele posted on BDC!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Looks like we may have a new troll (or at least a new handle for an old one) with Captain Z!

I agree we need to see how he'll do against real competition. But like Caraway stated, good news from camp is a lot better than bad news! If they are playing him on both sides it could mean two things. One, they are not sure yet which side he's best at, or two, he can play well on either. The guy is a beast, though. Also add to that the fact that Daunte is one of the best line coaches in the business. He has taken guys not considered blue chip prospects and also guys who didn't have a lot of football experience, and turned them into quality linemen. I have to assume if BB picked this kid up he has some football smarts. He is in a great position to realize his potential. hopefully he has the attitude and work ethic to step in and make his mark. While he should definitely hold off on getting fit for a gold jacket, he should keep the tailor's card! Hopefully he will need it 15 years or so down the road!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to "SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!:
    [QUOTE]He can play on the left side or the right, When the Pat's used a high pick on this guy, I said In Bill we Trust.......... turn's out this huge guy is turning heads in training camp!!!!!!! Anyone that can protect BRADY is fine with me!!!!!
    Posted by bradyslady12[/QUOTE]

Many people were pushing off on this pick.  However, all one needed to do is take a closer look at his profile.  The people of Hosuton are not surprised- they new this kid was a (blue) chipper.  He's got size, athleticism, and smarts.  BB knew this; grabbed him right away.  Sea Bass does the M-A-S-H!  (He does the MONSTER Mash.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to "SEA BASS" Vollmer look's like a Stud!!!:
    [QUOTE]He can play on the left side or the right, When the Pat's used a high pick on this guy, I said In Bill we Trust.......... turn's out this huge guy is turning heads in training camp!!!!!!! Anyone that can protect BRADY is fine with me!!!!!
    Posted by bradyslady12[/QUOTE]

There is tremendous upside for Bas. I caught some footage of him during the combine and for a man 6'6" or so he moves his feet well. This may stem from his soccer background in Germany. Bill likes players who are flexible and that may be one reason he's being moved from LT to RT. OL protection or lack of is one of the main reasons the Patriots didn't beat the Giants. 

When the weeding out process is complete and the exhibition games begin, we'll probably have a much better understanding for what Bas can do and where he lines up.
    P.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

People who claim to know about such things labelled this guy as a long reach and a raw project when he was drafted, so I would say that any positive news out of camp should be considered a bonus. Of course, I wouldn't expect Belichick to have anything but positive things to say about anyone who is upright and competing in camp, so you can take the praise for what it's worth -- but if Vollmer cracks the rotation as a rookie or is contributing on a regular basis by next year, coach Bill will have the last laugh . . .

again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like we may have a new troll (or at least a new handle for an old one) with Captain Z! I agree we need to see how he'll do against real competition. But like Caraway stated, good news from camp is a lot better than bad news! If they are playing him on both sides it could mean two things. One, they are not sure yet which side he's best at, or two, he can play well on either. The guy is a beast, though. Also add to that the fact that Daunte is one of the best line coaches in the business. He has taken guys not considered blue chip prospects and also guys who didn't have a lot of football experience, and turned them into quality linemen. I have to assume if BB picked this kid up he has some football smarts. He is in a great position to realize his potential. hopefully he has the attitude and work ethic to step in and make his mark. While he should definitely hold off on getting fit for a gold jacket, he should keep the tailor's card! Hopefully he will need it 15 years or so down the road!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I'm not a troll.  I love the Patriots!  Just trying to be funny, look at her name and picture...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

For reasons that have not yet become clear, bub is seeing trolls everywhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The thing is this, most guys who play RT do so because they cant play LT its the simple. The RT is used way more as the running tackle so he needs to be big and strong but useally does not move his feet very well which is why they cant play LT and the LT has the feet and the athletic ability he needs to handle guys like Dwight Freeney but also need to be big and strong. And both LT and RT on this team require an incredible amount of football IQ and smarts. The thing about Vollmer that makes him so good and different from most prospects is he is a true swing tackle. He is big enough and strong enough to play RT and help teh run game but also has teh feet to move well and play LT. I think this stems from teh fact that he started his playing days as a TE and was moved to tackle. If he can play both he will see game time. My prediction is he beats out Kazcur in camp and ends up as teh starting RT from week one. Then he will have that on lock down till Light is done and he will move to LT. I mightbe jumping the gun a bit with this prediction but of all the rookies this guy to me seems like the best of teh bunch. I like Chung and I like Butler but for whatever reason this kid seems like such a good fit.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]For reasons that have not yet become clear, bub is seeing trolls everywhere.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The trolls have been coming out of the woodwork lately! Maybe I'm jumping the gun in some cases, but usually when someone mentions something about Brady's off-field activities they are trolling. I guess after the "invasion" of 07 I'm a bit jaded! Sorry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Ah training camp, where great careers are solidified.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

If the guy can play soccer, he should be athletic enough to play either tackle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's 6'8" 315 lbs,and he was an all conference Left tackle albeit in the Sunbelt conference.The best part of his background may be that he played soccer until he was 14,also the school he attended Houston has always been a passing orientated offense which would help him getting ahead of the learning curve for the pro passing game.If he beats out Kaczur they will probably move Nick to the inside at guard,as I remember Neal is a question mark at this point in time.They drafted well and he's not the only rookie to watch Brace,Butler,Bussey,Chung,
    Pryor,Love,Nunn,Edelman and of course Sea Bass,all of these guys should push their piers and lets not forget that Tate and McKenzie 2 guys who are presently not performing all of these guys have skills its just a matter of impressing the coaches.It's an interesting roster to say the least.Football is just around the corner and its about time cause the Sox are driving me crazy....