Don't understand it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Don't understand it?

It seems we can post about Oscar and if he did it or not. We can post about girl friends and Sports Illi models. We can post about the Steelers and Bills releasing vets and leadership. We can post about the Ravens. Yet we can't post about the Pats arch rivals, and discuss the hottest button the next month or so, free agency. 

I can understand some not having interest on topic. But if that's the case, simply don't read it. I could care less about Oscar. So I don't read the post. There are 10 or 15 of us who are passionate  about the Pats and care about the next month or so with regards to next season.

Anyone get a explanation of why this is? I have tried, but no answer from the mods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Don't understand it?

Might it be something about repetition?  If you post something like it's been cut and pasted a billion times why not delete some of them?  Reaching here but it does seem like the same old rants pop up on different threads all the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Might it be something about repetition?  If you post something like it's been cut and pasted a billion times why not delete some of them?  Reaching here but it does seem like the same old rants pop up on different threads all the time.

But won't the free agency and salary comments go away in about 6 weeks? Isn't it the hottest button along with the draft at this moment, after Oscar of course. 

For post SB until April 1 what's to discuss other than free agency and the draft?  I get tired of seeing every player released exlamated....."George Wilson released!" 

Be it the Jets, Phins or Bills, I don't mind reading about the Pats division rivals, and what they are doing during this 6-8 weeks prior to the free agency signing date.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Let's try this for starters and see if it posts...

J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!, Revis, Fat Rex, foot fetish, Sanchez, Dirty Sanchez, The Sanchize, Cromartie, Baby Daddy, Bart Scott, salary cap, salary cap hell, Santonio, Mangold, Braylon Edwards, idiots, Fireman Ed, tragic, losers, 1968, Joe Namath...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I think it has something to do with Rusty turning every thread into a salary cap argument. Doesn't matter what thread it is on, he is mentioning it in one way, shape or form. He is also throwing your name around - with me and a few others - in a majority of his posts.

The thing that I don't like about it is he is doing a lot of lying in those posts as well...name calling, trying to degrade and insult. For instance he's running around saying I praise the jets. I'm not a jet fan - can't stand them - the only thing that I appreciated is that they went for it. Now it didn't work for them, but I think it would of worked for us because I know we have a much much better quarterback and a better head coach.

I believe that if we had spent like we had in 07 once in the last 3/4 years we would of won another super bowl. I was told by rusty that it couldn't be done, that I was stupid for wanting that - that salary cap hell would come and get us. Meanwhile I've watched 4 teams in the last two weeks cut 8 players, saving close to 80 million against their salary cap. These were NOT young and productive players released, they were old, inneffective and no longer worth the money they signed for. Another shocking part about these players....most if not all of them helped there teams win for a few years after they were signed. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It seems we can post about Oscar and if he did it or not. We can post about girl friends and Sports Illi models. We can post about the Steelers and Bills releasing vets and leadership. We can post about the Ravens. Yet we can't post about the Pats arch rivals, and discuss the hottest button the next month or so, free agency. 

I can understand some not having interest on topic. But if that's the case, simply don't read it. I could care less about Oscar. So I don't read the post. There are 10 or 15 of us who are passionate  about the Pats and care about the next month or so with regards to next season.

Anyone get a explanation of why this is? I have tried, but no answer from the mods.

mods are just saving you from future embarassment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's a small hand full of posters that turn threads into all out wars. It's the extremes on both camps going at each other that derails threads and I think the mods are just trying to nip the bud at the source instead of after the fact. That's what stinks for us in the middle but a great example is the draft thread. We've talked about FA's, salary cap, opponents in the division, and everything else with zero issue and it goes strong because of the posters who participate but other threads seem to be detroyed quickly by a certain handful of posters

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

But won't the free agency and salary comments go away in about 6 weeks? Isn't it the hottest button along with the draft at this moment, after Oscar of course. 

For post SB until April 1 what's to discuss other than free agency and the draft?  I get tired of seeing every player released exlamated....."George Wilson released!" 

Be it the Jets, Phins or Bills, I don't mind reading about the Pats division rivals, and what they are doing during this 6-8 weeks prior to the free agency signing date.

I just want dibs on creating threads where we sign any free agent released regardless of cost or fit. I will even include players from other sports. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

What is there not to understand. It is very simple as of today the Jets have 10/11 starters left on the roster from last year. As of today they are presently just south of 6 million under the cap. 

Bottom line... we all know they will get under the cap just like like every other team in the NFL. The issue for them will be the talent they can sign to the 53 man roster because of the situation they are presently in.

Dont think it's a huge problem for the Jets.

Not like they had a talented roster last season and had to cut those players. They had overpaid talentless/over the hill players.

A soon to be 33 year old Bart Scott shouldn't be difficult to replace. He's looked slow the last two seasons.

Calvin Pace will also be 33 next season and has been in decline.

Don't think Eric Smith will be missed either.

Revis will be the casualty. However, I am one to say that Revis wouldn't be worth the extension, even if the Jets were way below the cap. Great pass rush+decent corners will still make for great coverage. Whoever ends up with Revis will be cap strapped. Paying what Revis wants is a bad idea for any team, regardless of their current cap situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree with Mthurl but not just Rusty. It's a small hand full of posters that turn threads into all out wars. It's the extremes on both camps going at each other that derails threads and I think the mods are just trying to nip the bud at the source instead of after the fact. That's what stinks for us in the middle but a great example is the draft thread. We've talked about FA's, salary cap, opponents in the division, and everything else with zero issue and it goes strong because of the posters who participate but other threads seem to be detroyed quickly by a certain handful of posters

It is because the mt hurl and rkarp types refuse to admit defeat.  So they prolong their actual embarrasment to try to make it seem they aren't wrong.

Iis called being selfish, belligerent and arrogant. I

Rusty, I'm on your side when it comes to the cap as it's showing teams are having hard times with it this year badly, but sometimes when you keep running into the same wall you just have to drop it and move on. I do that with Babe sometimes when we have disagreements. Instead of killing a thread just let things go and ignore them. Continuing to argue and fight with them back and forth endlessly is the problem not that we each have differing opinions

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Everyday a new article comes out telling us how bad tannenboob was and how theyare in all out rebuild mode for YEARS.  If their plan backfired in their 2 year window, then why is it being praised?

I am thrilled bb has this set up for automatic division titles and 1 or 2 seeds annually.  The rest is up to the players and execution.

I think where you are wrong is this- we are built to win division titles for one main reason...Tom Brady. If not for him? Ugh, won't be pretty. Nothing pretty about Patrick Chung running around in coverage or blown second rounders - those things kill most franchises - not this one, why? Because of BB the coach and TB the quarterback.

Do you realize that Ocho Cinco is costing this franchise 1.5 million against the cap this year? And that Fenene is costing us 2.5 million? That's 4 miilon of cap space for two guys that did absolutely nothing for this team. Nothing. What did Shaun Ellis cost us against the cap last year? 2 million? What did Liegh Bodden cost us? 3 millon? We were 7 million under the cap last year and also had close to 10 million in dead money...this is good? How many guys could we of signed that actually could of made a difference with that 17 million? Could we have gotten a corner or a pass rusher? Would we have money to resign Welker, Vollmer and Talib and yet still add to that? You talk about losing players, cap hell, replacing players...we are either going to lose a 120 catch a year guy, a shut down corner or a franchise right tackle. WE don't have the funds to sign our PRODUCTIVE players. This is genius?

The problem is that when you are wrong you ruin things...you lash out...you lie. That's you. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Do you realize the irony here? Chung was a bonus pick because bb developed cassel yet the jets haven't developed a legit starter since joe namath.

In that year cassel started, 11-5, tied for the divison.  So your premise is wrong.

Leave it to you to walk into another wall without even knowing it.  Bahwaha

You praised the jets approach yet bb took a chip in cassel maximized roi on it, yet you mock it as the jets are about to lose their asZ on revis.

You act all dramatic on luxury moves or lies about fanene's soon to be voided deal and then act all casual about the jets disaster.  You are a jets fan.  Period.  No pats fan would behave this irrationally.

You're a lier and that's ok, we all are used to it - it's why you generally are regaeded as a clown.

Nice try to try to spin Jerry Jone's cap situation with 90% of the league. No one is saying spend like a cowboy owner who has been fined multiple times and who tries to be his own GM ruining his team - that's far different than wanting us to spend to the cap the last two seasons and instead of wasting money on guys like Fenene, Haynesworth, Ellis, Ocho, Gregory, and Bodden...go get a difference maker. Doesn't matter now, it's too late...we don't have the cap space to even retain the guys we have with all our dead money and second round picks that went boom (needing to replace those mistakes over and over). Just yesterday you bragged about the importance of having draft picks work for you and developing young talent...how much money and resources has it cost us to find guys that can play when...Brace, Chung, Dowling, Butler, Cunningham, Price...couldn't?

Note there is no name calling in my post...see if you can do the same. Note I'm distorting the truth or lying in any of it either, see if you can do the same. Also there is no mention of our hall of fame quarterback.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What is a "lier"? Second time you have called me that name.

Tell us this:  did tyrone pool play for this team in the 2004 season? Funny, when brady was not playing poorly in the postseason, the fact the frail poole could not finish his contract here, made no difference.  Troy brown was at nickel just like edelman in 2011.  What was the difference in each sb?

Brady's play.

Don't mention leigh bodden's name again as if his career ending bacj injury in 2012 somehow made brady play poorlyb in the sb. Ty poole was great value in 2003 so was leigh bodden after a great 2009.  You are obnoxious demanding that bb needs a crystal ball to be a good gm.

Y

The difference was a front seven that could tackle, pass rush, cover and hold it ground against the run. They also had heady players in that front that could create a pick, fumble and recover it. Big differences. Now I really don't know why you bring up those teams....don't you get all defensive when people talk about that defense? Don't you say things like...how dare you compare a super bowl defense to a "young and exciting unit that is being built before our very eyes (even though that was 4 years ago when we started building this thing)"?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

@jri37 They had little quality depth as it was. Even if they kept those players they would have been a terrible team. Maybe they would've won 6 games with that roster next season, and now might be stuck at 3. IMO, if you're going to stink, might as well be terrible. They need a new QB and you have a better shot of getting that franchise QB with the number 1 pick than something from 5-10.

Jets aren't going to be competitive for probably another couple of seasons. The guys they cut wouldn't have lasted that long anyways. don't think it's a huge issue. Terrible roster with or without those players

i think NYG's cuts will be more problematic. They actually had to cut decent players on a playoff contending team