Saints v. Seahwaks Game Thread...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Saints v. Seahwaks Game Thread...?

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone else find the "12th man" garbage in Seattle comical?  They flag they raise and the idea it actually says "home of the 12th man" on the stadium facade?

This is one of the worst sports towns in the country, mind you. I cannot stand Carroll, their fans and their uniforms. All of it comes off really fake and forced.

Congrats on the great stadium design but it has NOTHING to do with the fanbase. They have no hockey team, lost their NBA team and I don't think anyone even attends Mariners games, not that ever did (save for the Griffey years).

[/QUOTE]

not really, i would kill to actually see Gillette this hype all the time. that stadium rocks. if it did that for NE we would never lose at home. i think Seattle is a fun team to watch. and theyre good and balenced

[/QUOTE]

The crowd definitely generates noise that intimidates visiting teams. I have only seen one football game there and it was back when Hasselbeck was the QB. it definitely is the loudest I have actually experienced. What's impressive is that people say it's even much louder now. I think the people have gotten more into it than back then.

[/QUOTE]

But, it has little to do with the fans.  It has to do with the design of the stadium.

Carroll just has them whooped into a frenzy every year, where they fizzle late. Carroll still thinks he's playing 12 games at USC. lol

[/QUOTE]

still good fans or bad who cares, they get louder than gillette and kraft should take a hint on stadium dynamics. forreal. noise would make us unstoppable at home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

No Sherman it's a penalty lol

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

.... Again, I am not talking about the European soccer stadium design, but how the media pretends the people in Seattle are somehow louder, more passionate or better fans than in other markets.

Gillette will never get loud because turds like RKrap stand with their arms folded, ipad in hand and don't deserve to be there. My uncle told some tool recently to take his Kindle into the crapper if he wanted to read it so bad.

[/QUOTE]

Or have you been to any games at the C Link? Actually, when was the last time you watched a game at Gillette? How is it that you speak like an expert on how loud they are during games? 

Have you even been to Seattle? How is it that you speak like an expert on how passionate a fan base they are?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

You are seeing right now why Seattle is immature. Lots of mouthy behavior. Sherman an unsportsmanlike. They don't play in control.

Will cost them in the end.  Starts at the top with Carroll. He just winds em up like robots and lets em loose.  It's never worked before. There is more to it than that.

[/QUOTE]

After Graham's TD the hawk secondary went after Graham.  Seattle is aggressive but playing aggressive and dumb is 2 different things. Sherman a great player but will do stupid things and he did bump the ref only a nudge though but still did it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone else find the "12th man" garbage in Seattle comical?  They flag they raise and the idea it actually says "home of the 12th man" on the stadium facade?

This is one of the worst sports towns in the country, mind you. I cannot stand Carroll, their fans and their uniforms. All of it comes off really fake and forced.

Congrats on the great stadium design but it has NOTHING to do with the fanbase. They have no hockey team, lost their NBA team and I don't think anyone even attends Mariners games, not that ever did (save for the Griffey years).

[/QUOTE]

not really, i would kill to actually see Gillette this hype all the time. that stadium rocks. if it did that for NE we would never lose at home. i think Seattle is a fun team to watch. and theyre good and balenced

[/QUOTE]

The crowd definitely generates noise that intimidates visiting teams. I have only seen one football game there and it was back when Hasselbeck was the QB. it definitely is the loudest I have actually experienced. What's impressive is that people say it's even much louder now. I think the people have gotten more into it than back then.

[/QUOTE]

But, it has little to do with the fans.  It has to do with the design of the stadium.

Carroll just has them whooped into a frenzy every year, where they fizzle late. Carroll still thinks he's playing 12 games at USC. lol

[/QUOTE]

still good fans or bad who cares, they get louder than gillette and kraft should take a hint on stadium dynamics. forreal. noise would make us unstoppable at home

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea. The fans are loud. Maybe you are right that they like the attention too. But it really does not matter. Bottomline is they are loud and they actually owrk hard to be loud.

The organization is brilliant in making that part of their marketing. The crowd bought into it and made it almost their duty to take on the role of being loud.

I also think the hyped aspect of the noise level is the stadium design. While it may have an effect, it probably is not that that much. That said, it gives the organization something to make the people rally around - inspire them to make loud noise. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

One last point on the effect of the stadium...

CLink is open air. There is no way its design does a better job of channeling the noise down to the field than dome staidums. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have Seattle to clobber New Orleans down as my week 13 game of the week, so I'm perfectly happy with a 13 point Seattle lead.  Otherwise it's an NFC contest and I have other things to do. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

One last point on the effect of the stadium...

CLink is open air. There is no way its design does a better job of channeling the noise down to the field than dome staidums. 

[/QUOTE]

Who said it was the case?  

Dude, KCs stadium gets as loud or louder and is open air. That place has been like that for years.   Do you see Arrowhead with some "12th man sign" and some pregame ritual of raising a 12th man flag?  It's very goofy. Very goofy and forced.

Why do you care so much? Are you a Pats fan or Seahawks fan?  

[/QUOTE]

Well, they like having their own identity. And yes, many in Seattle are known to be goofy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Who would you rather play in the SB this year? Hawks or saints?

Just kidding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who would you rather play in the SB this year? Hawks or saints?

Just kidding.

[/QUOTE]

lol good one. but seahwks might be a whole different animal away from home

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you again Rusty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Can they stop throwing flags for something has nothing to so with the outcome of the play and maybe throw a flag for excessive dancing after every tackle?

Seattle defense dances after every play. Theyre good, but do they have to dance? Growing problem in the NFL. I think the NFL is too big for them to ruin, but it hasnt stopped them from trying.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OH, I care. I hate Saints fans ... who have ultimately turned me off from the Saints. I'm rooting for the Seahawks all the way. 

Plus, I like defensive teams. Offense was great when it was new ... like in 1990 ... lol. 

[/QUOTE]

i dont know any saints fans personally but everyone seems to hate them lol. and honestly, i love the seahawks. D has a nasty azz swagger and they can just pound the ball with my favorite RB Marshawn Lynch. good team. i would not be confident if NE had to play them in SB

[/QUOTE]

Oh, hell no. I want no part of Seattle. I'm hoping that something disrupts them. The Seahawks are scay good. 

I'm regretting my preseason call of a New England vs Seahawks Superbowl.