#1 Defense - a One and Done!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: #1 Defense - a One and Done!

Their defense looked like #2 to me......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Polamaru is not the same player he used to be, due to injuries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Denver and THAT OFFENSE hung 29 points on Pittsburgh.  Even though it is Denver coming to Foxboro, I think the Pats would hang more than 29 on the Steelers if they were here since Brady DOES NOT hesitate to throw to WIDE OPEN receivers!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to #1 Defense - a One and Done!:
    [QUOTE]For all of you that were squacking, "what are the Pats going to do against a good defense", apparently having the number one defense doesn't mean you're a better team (which is what I was saying, basically). Defense is overrated in otherwords. 
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, so what you're trying to say is that defense is overrated? Sounds pretty dumb to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: #1 Defense - a One and Done!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to #1 Defense - a One and Done! : I'm confused, so what you're trying to say is that defense is overrated? Sounds pretty dumb to me.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
     + 1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Polamalu never was that good at anything other than cheating.  He's still good at doing illegal things like kicking fumbles out of the end zone.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I'm new to football, so what you're saying is Troy Palamalu is not a good player and in fact is not good at anything but cheating? Being new to this - when I see Troy I see a guy who is a very explosive athlete that pound for pound is a very strong player (which comes in handy when creating turn overs and tackling). He also crashes down the line of scrimmage as good as anyone to stop runners for losses. He can blitz and has improved in coverage. Darn! I'm wrong about all this? So Sergio Brown is light years ahead of this guy?

Maybe he can cook? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to #1 Defense - a One and Done! : I'm confused, so what you're trying to say is that defense is overrated? Sounds pretty dumb to me.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

+2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I'd say that having a healthy quarterback is a pretty big deal

Also having good safeties who don't guess or take bad paths to the ball matters

But yea, defense is definitely not as important in the age of illegal contact

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Good points, so much for defense winning championships.

oh, wait a minute, we're gonna hear a big excuse that the stoolers were all hurt. boo-hoo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Good points, so much for defense winning championships. Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Have you considered the NY Giants?  This year or maybe a few years ago? 

Defense is still important.

The Steelers defensive scheme today was terrible.  They literally played 8 on the line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: #1 Defense - a One and Done! : Have you considered the NY Giants?  This year or maybe a few years ago?  Defense is still important. The Steelers defensive scheme today was terrible.  They literally played 8 on the line.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I agree, but alot of Patriots fans have been crying all season and wished we had a defensne like Pissburgh's or Balty's. That #1 defense got them the #5 seed, and a loss to a bunch of over achievers.